within 48 hours of posting.
    Lol.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe but they invested in Winston and Hill. Granted it isn't 100 mil but 28 mil.or something for Winston and 40 for Hill is not backup money. I think they gave Hill his contract too soon.
      They’ve declared Hill their starting TE going forward, his contract is not as big as it seems and 14 mil per for Winston is ‘keep the seat warm’ money very reminiscent of what the steelers are doing with trubinsky.
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
        Maybe there’s a QB they really want, but the Saints were 5-2 and playing well last year before Winston got hurt. Their only big holes right now are at LT and WR2, now they can fill each of those in the first round and be a pretty damn competitive team in a weak NFC. They’ve beaten the Buccaneers in all 4 regular season matchups since Brady arrived, I won’t be surprised if they take Penning/Olave with those picks and end up winning the division.
        they’re for sure going after a tackle but I don’t think they trade a third this year, a first next year, and a second in 2024 for a WR, I think they like one of the QBs
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

It's for the QB in CIN !

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

They’ve declared Hill their starting TE going forward, his contract is not as big as it seems and 14 mil per for Winston is ‘keep the seat warm’ money very reminiscent of what the steelers are doing with trubinsky.
            TE? Haven't heard that one and seems strange. 40 mil for a guy who has never played TE seems high.

After some digging Hill signed a 4 year 140 mil contract which is insane and very dumb on their part. So they restructured it again.
            Converted some to bonus and now it is to be 40 to 95 mil depending on the position be plays.

Oh well, not our problem.

LOCALS IN THE NFL

Report: Saints Restructure Contract Of Former BYU QB Taysom Hill

Mar 17, 2022, 9:56 AM | Updated: 9:59 am

(Photo by Todd Kirkland/Getty Images)
            BY KYLE IRELAND
            KSL Sports

SALT LAKE CITY – The New Orleans Saints restructured the contract of former BYU quarterback Taysom Hill, according to ESPN’s Field Yates.

The NFL reporter shared the news on Thursday, March 17.

“The Saints have restructured the contracts of QB Taysom Hill, CB Bradley Roby, LB DeMario Davis and S Malcolm Jenkins to clear major cap space, per source,” Yates tweeted. “The Saints are now officially at $29.9M in cap space.”

The Saints are currently recruiting Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. By creating nearly $30 million in cap space, New Orleans is setting itself up to take on Watson’s contract, which carries a $40 million cap hit in 2022.

Taysom Hill’s Contracts

This is the third time in the past two years that Hill’s contract has been adjusted with the Saints.

Hill first signed a two-year, $21 million dollar extension with New Orleans in April 2020.

11 months later, the former BYU standout landed a restructured deal that appeared at face value to be a big payday but the contract was full of voidable years. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Hill’s restructured deal was a 4-year, $140 million contract extension.

Less than a year later, Schefter reported that Hill signed a unique “hybrid-type” of a contract extension with the Saints. The deal was reportedly a four-year extension that “could be worth anywhere between $40 million and $95 million, depending on the position he plays.”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

The Chargers are set at TE. Thats not where they want to get better this year. Late round flier if any at all. No way is a 3rd put on TE.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                The Chargers are set at TE. Thats not where they want to get better this year. Late round flier if any at all. No way is a 3rd put on TE.
                I know you’re right, I just like the idea of greg dulcich catching passes from justin herbert. Parham I think is a medical liability after what happened to him last year, that’s the type of seizure/concussion that ended Kris Dielmam’s career. Everett is not a long term solution and McKitty would be a great complement to a guy like Dulcich.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I’d like to get Dulcich too. But he’s a long shot
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    NO must like a particular QB,
                    and are worried PIT will trade up with LAC and get him first.

We miss a chance to move down
                    a couple of spots,
                    and get our round two back.
                    only way to get our second back is to trade out of the first altogether....

we could trade w/Chicago for their two seconds, ask for their sixth and swap spots w/them in the fifth, and that would be pretty much even.

we could trade w/Seattle for their two seconds, and prolly have to give them a next year's fourth or the like, in additon.... ??
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

would be very surprised w/10 picks, if we pass on a TE.... too much talent in this draft @TE to pass,

personally would have no problem going TE day two.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        would be very surprised w/10 picks, if we pass on a TE.... too much talent in this draft @TE to pass,

that’s what I think too, there’ll be TEs available later that in other years would go much higher. I’m just not convinced what happened to Parham was no big deal and let’s continue to invest and develop him. If I’m the Chargers I realize a big piece of the pie I was investing in for the future is now on shaky ground. That was a scary scene and it reminds me of what happened to Kris Dielman, we didn’t see that one but that’s exactly how it was described.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I don't see how they can go TE on day 2 when they don't have a second round pick. I get talent over need but with obvious needs ahead of TE: RT, CB, RB, WR, DL -- I can see TE late in Day 3

Comment

Working...
                          X