• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Do we have the oldest D in football? Do we have the oldest D Line (including edges) in football? We better win now, because old doesn't get better, old just gets older.
    Confusing post.. ..i think we have 1 guy on defense 30 and over. Maybe Campbell is 30 now but he may be cut anyways

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Why is a late scoring drive heroics? Isn’t that the offense’s job? Just like shutting down the other team’s late scoring drive is the defense’s job, yes. Both sides of the ball need to do better at that - at what they get paid to do - for us to get into the playoffs (well obviously).
      Agree.
      "heroic" isnt the best adjective.
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Do we have the oldest D in football? Do we have the oldest D Line (including edges) in football? We better win now, because old doesn't get better, old just gets older.
        No.

No.

We're younger than last year. Bosa is 26 ferchristsake.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Why is a late scoring drive heroics? Isn’t that the offense’s job? Just like shutting down the other team’s late scoring drive is the defense’s job, yes. Both sides of the ball need to do better at that - at what they get paid to do - for us to get into the playoffs (well obviously).
          We have one of the best "heroic" scoring offenses in the league. No one is 100%. Even when we fail it's "FG instead of TD" type fails.

Improvement in the offense will come in the form of early down and 3rd quarter consistency. We needed way too many heroic drives last year.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Name us a team that scored every time it gets possession. Reach back as far in history as you need to, we’ll wait here.

if you can’t find such a team, then we can agree such an expectation is not possible in the world of humans and you are, in fact, requesting heroics.

Season 2 America GIF by The Boys
            Find the post I said the O should score on every possession, which is completely stupid. Or drop it.

Interesting you have to make up an argument no one said, is your position that lame?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Find the post I said the O should score on every possession, which is completely stupid. Or drop it.

Interesting you have to make up an argument no one said, is your position that lame?
              No, what you say is they must score a game winning drive with the last possession of every game and if they don’t score on the last drive of every game, its their fault for every such loss. I paraphrase, but sort of the same thing.

I’ll drop it when you drop it. Your position is in conflict with the data but yeah - mine is lame. Right.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

eye understand the strain it puts on the D, relatively speaking, and understand that it can undermine TOP, and.... the one addition I would like to see this season is the longball.... Herb is just too good of a longballer not to implement/take advantage of the such.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

If you want the offense to produce more maybe the defense should give them the ball more often? Personally for me it’s hard to complain about an offense that scored more points per drive than the ‘06 Chargers offense led by the NFL MVP.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                      If you want the offense to produce more maybe the defense should give them the ball more often? Personally for me it’s hard to complain about an offense that scored more points per drive than the ‘06 Chargers offense led by the NFL MVP.
                      The '21 Chargers offense was on a par with top playoff teams in points scored. We were not even close in D points allowed, ST ranking.
                      If HC Staley's team concepts take hold, the O, D & STs support each other, we're a playoff team. The personnel adds point in that direction. Still gotta do it.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

No, what you say is they must score a game winning drive with the last possession of every game and if they don’t score on the last drive of every game, its their fault for every such loss. I paraphrase, but sort of the same thing.

I’ll drop it when you drop it. Your position is in conflict with the data but yeah - mine is lame. Right.
                        All I’ve ever said is, they need to do better than 50%. Like actual playoff teams. Or are we somehow gonna magically win close games without scoring points? Conflict with data? Nah. Just watch playoff games.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                          Fail.
                          No Tbilly.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe