Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

All this years picks stuck. :stirpot:
    That's not unusual.

The Chargers will have to be patient with JT Woods and Deane Leonard, but it seems they're pleased with the raw talent and effort.

Hafta say, I'm looking forward to seeing Zander Horvath getting some situational reps. No question in my mind that he's significantly more versatile than Nabers.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Never mind.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I'm curious if we got older or younger. I think older with all the old FAs we signed.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

All this years picks stuck. :stirpot:
          Of course they did. Don’t they always?

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

Of course they did. Don’t they always?
            7th round picks are not usual 'sticks', at least with the Chargers. I remember when A.J. Smith picked someone only to give him a break for medical treatment, or something like that.. I don't think that guy even practiced. One was a true speed demon, but couldn't catch a cold.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

He has slower feet than Fluker.
              One of the TPB experts told me Fluker had great feet, just in the past month or so. I thought to myself sure - for a Ringling Bro’s job.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

That's not unusual.

The Chargers will have to be patient with JT Woods and Deane Leonard, but it seems they're pleased with the raw talent and effort.

Hafta say, I'm looking forward to seeing Zander Horvath getting some situational reps. No question in my mind that he's significantly more versatile than Nabers.
                I was surprised by Leonard. I thought he was PS material all the way.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Baltimore cut Brett Hundley. Sign him and waive Stick.
                  Absolutely!! While they're at it cut Daniels too

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

I find the idea of a final 53 as totally silly. It has never been that way and probably never will be. It's a nice story but doesn't reflect reality. I wouldn't be too set on this as the "final 53".

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a bunch of new faces vs the Raiders. It would be extremely unusual if we aren't fiddling with the roster in the next couple of weeks. Typically there are half a dozen cuts and new guys brought in prior to the 1st game. Then the injury stuff...

A quarter to a third of the guys we just cut will be back on the roster at some point this season. A pretty average team has about 70-ish players who are on their active roster during a season. More if there is a rash of injuries.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      ourlads updated the depth chart, pretty much spot on, has Van Noy as an Edge.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAC
                      Ourlads typically lists the best players higher up the chart, rather than how they may be used. At this point they will put Van Noy outside, just because that is where he has played most of the snaps in his career. But I doubt they are making any kind of insight into where they think Van Noy will play. Van Noy will almost certainly be getting snaps inside and out, no matter where he is listed. So it really doesn't matter where they put him on the roster. Hopefully, the D is playing with a lead and playing dime most of the game. It not only plays to his strength, but it minimizes what is one of the weaker positions on our roster.

Fox can also get some snaps as an edge if needed. He is mostly an inside guy, but he has gotten a lot of edge rushes in the past, especially for Staley. He isn't great, but if we want/need other guys to move around to get mismatches, Fox is a fair edge rusher. The majority of snaps will go to the top 3 edge guys, no matter how many are listed on the depth chart. And while Fox can play outside, he was brought in to play 3 tech on the rush line and give us some inside rush, so it is hard to imagine he will not get a bunch of snaps there, in addition to edge in the goalline.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                        WustinSlurbert
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

I think this is the first year in a very long time that an UDFA didn't make the Chargers' initial 53 man roster. It's littered with former UDFAs, but no rookie UDFAs. Still a ways until Raiders, but what UDFA even has a chance to at this point? Streak broken?

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Depends when you count it. There is still like 12 days before the 1st game. While you never know, I doubt we are done. Roster moves to come, or at least there have always been some.

Comment

Working...
                          X