Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Zero.
    What's the answer? Stop hiring over priced aging veterans who are looking for their big payday. None of it has worked with the Chargers. 75% failure rate is down right scary.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

richpjr You have been a voice of reason these past couple of days.

Austin Ekeler posted on his Instagram today:

Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional. Learn and grow.

Adversity can be good for a team. When it's early in the season there is time to adapt, grow and prosper. There is too much talent on this team to give up on it. The loss of Slater is a difficult blow, but not fatal. Others on the roster will step up (Pip, Salyer) or they will find veteran help. The loss of Guyton, as much as I do like him, is not a major setback. He can be replaced, and maybe with a WR who has a more complete skill set. Bosa's injury will heal. Chris Rumph will have his opportunity to step up. J.C. Keenan Allen will be back probably for the Houston game. Jackson will eventually see the field. So will Parham. And Spiller. Even Herbert's injury will heal with time.

This team started out 4-1 under Staley. I think he can get this team back there. He has had his share of struggles, he has had to learn on the job. He is extremely intelligent and has tireless energy. There has been some early season adversity, but it's not fatal. A win over Houston and the team is 2-2 with a long season ahead. I am putting my faith in Staley - and this coaching staff - and just plan to root for this team for the rest of the season and stop complaining that things aren't perfect. We shall overcome.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        richpjr You have been a voice of reason these past couple of days.

Austin Ekeler posted on his Instagram today:

Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional. Learn and grow.

Adversity can be good for a team. When it's early in the season there is time to adapt, grow and prosper. There is too much talent on this team to give up on it. The loss of Slater is a difficult blow, but not fatal. Others on the roster will step up (Pip, Salyer) or they will find veteran help. The loss of Guyton, as much as I do like him, is not a major setback. He can be replaced, and maybe with a WR who has a more complete skill set. Bosa's injury will heal. Chris Rumph will have his opportunity to step up. J.C. Keenan Allen will be back probably for the Houston game. Jackson will eventually see the field. So will Parham. And Spiller. Even Herbert's injury will heal with time.

This team started out 4-1 under Staley. I think he can get this team back there. He has had his share of struggles, he has had to learn on the job. He is extremely intelligent and has tireless energy. There has been some early season adversity, but it's not fatal. A win over Houston and the team is 2-2 with a long season ahead. I am putting my faith in Staley - and this coaching staff - and just plan to root for this team for the rest of the season and stop complaining that things aren't perfect. We shall overcome.
        They're all on IR. Same shit every year. Done with it. Zero confidence in ownership and their ability to hire competent management and coaching staff.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Glad to see some forum members here have not forgot how to Bolt the $&$% Up!

Its the third game of the season, and tanking has been mentioned....smh
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You cannot fix Stupid. We are not losing because of players but because of how we structure everything year in and year out.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

IIm holding out hope that Staley can pull this team out of a nosedive and at least make the POs this season but if he can't and we fade off into obscurity Again this post season I vote we all come together and start a Sell the team Spanos movement and basically go on strike as fans to demand a better product to spend our hard earned money on Finally.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You cannot fix Stupid. We are not losing because of players but because of how we structure everything year in and year out.
                THIS

I watched my 1st charger game when Joe Willie came to town in the late 1960's. Been a charger fan since then. I wish 2022 was championship season. It's not going to be. Anyone who watched Defensive guru Staley last year could tell his inexperience was going to hold this team back (check his hires). The Staley hire is on TT and Spanos. Spanos should replace TT at the end of this season. I'm afraid JH saved his job for these past 2 seasons. I hope no more.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

What's the answer? Stop hiring over priced aging veterans who are looking for their big payday. None of it has worked with the Chargers. 75% failure rate is down right scary.
                  JC Jackson is 26 so hardly an aging veteran. Keenan is 30 and Linsley is 31 so while not young, those two are not ancient by any means. Even Herbert is hurt and he is 24, so sometimes it is just the nature of playing a violent game

Comment

• AZBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Salyer has a great college pedigree and played in multiple meaningful games at Georgia...no reason not to throw him in there unless he looks totally lost in practice. Clapp also showed me enough against Jax to feel OK with him in a backup role.
                    Agree, Norton is experienced now, and he still is a D at best, maybe an F.........Perhaps Sawyer could be a C, and get a little better by the game......start by helping him with a chip, then gradually see how he does by himself, why not give it a try Norton is not the answer??......Pipkins LT, Salyer, RT.......

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Yup like maybe grabbing a lineman in round 3 instead of reaching for a project who wont play this year....signing a FA tackle for depth

It is malpractise and incompetence to put Norton out there at either tackle with a banged up franchise QB. It is proven he is horrendous

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Bolt UP!!!! Yes.

As an aside, Chris Simms says playing two games to start the season 4 days apart, may have not only contributed to players getting injured in game 3, but also to the lackluster performance overall. The Chiefs looked flat in game 3 also, and lost to an 0-2 team. It does no good to cry and be a whiney fan after a bit of adversity. Bolt Up!

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Is anyone besides me gobsmacked Telesco hasn’t announced a Tackle, Edge, or WR trade or free agent signing yet?

Looking at the shellacking our backups took against backups in preseason, you can’t be serious if you think our 2nd stringers can compete.

what’s especially galling was the lack of depth at Tackle and Edge going into the season.

Comment

Working...
                          X