• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I was looking at all the DBs yesterday with muscles on top of muscles. That's years of work to get there. I just don't know how Woods catches up. But TT will keep him for 4 years, just like Pipkins.
    Pip is playing well. No longer sure Woods ever will - we’ll all be watching.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

This team is not a contender when healthy. No reason not to pick top 5 in every round and get an A+ draft.
      If the plan is to go all out for wins I wish for more injuries and the #1 pick.
      Some QB needy NFC teams will be willing to give up a King's ransom for Stroud.
      We need a Tomlinson/Brees draft to build a champion.

Comment

• AZBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        and we know there will be more injuries, they aren't recovering from 1-5 without Slater
        Not with Norton and Clapp as backups, bad game plans and no speed at WR......and its a shame because there is talent and JH is a top 5 QB. :- ((

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We did, but sparingly. He only played 13 snaps til yesterday.
          Here comes Bandy or Reed. Some speed or slot guy, which do they bring up?
          I’d prefer either of those guys to Jason Moore if he’s still on the PS. I don’t remember Guyton getting any balls thrown to him other than the long ball against JAX. Completely underutilized even when he could play. I’d bring up Bandy because Herbert is throwing short passes and he has a better chance to get open quick. That’s what he does.

Reed looked decent in pre season until they stopped using him. He has an nfl body but to me he and Palmer are the same type. So my answer is Bandy. Get Bandy and Keenan and Parham back and see if they can convert some third downs. Let’s see Spiller too.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

There is no winning solution for this year, this team is done. Don't blame me, I'm not he HC that can't instill discipline or football basics into his players. I'm not the OC that can't adapt and tailor his scheme to his players. I'm not the owner that won't shell out some bucks for a proven head coach and that won't keep his clan from affecting football decisions. I'm just another disappointed Chargers fan adjusting to another lost year. Will still be rooting for us every game, savoring any victory that may chance to appear. Already looking ahead to next year, maybe Bezos will bail this team out. Anything to break this never-ending cycle of futility.
            Not the answer that wu-dai was looking for but probably the right one.

it appears that once again they’ve hired the wrong guy. Jumped at the chance to get on the McVay coaching tree with an inexperienced guy who probably does great in interviews. He can talk and talk. But the results aren’t there so there is a disconnect somewhere. Seems like there are rumblings that players aren’t buying in and after three games the locker room emptied out immediately post game. I hope they were supremely embarrassed because that was a very very low point on Sunday. They had 10 days to get ready and weren’t in any phase. Came out flat. 22 yards in the first quarter and a 12-3 deficit in TOP.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Screenshot_20220926-235711_Facebook.jpg

Comment

• SK21209
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2020
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

I’ve calmed down a bit. Next week KC is @Tampa and Denver is @Vegas. I think they both lose, so if we can beat Houston we’ll be tied for first in the division. I think Keenan, Linsley and JC will be back. The fact that they haven’t decided to put Bosa on IR yet makes me think he’ll be back after the Week 8 bye at the latest. Losing Slater is terrible, but if we can reshuffle the line to provide just passable protection we’ll be okay. It sounds like Herbert won’t be completely healed for a while, but he should feel significantly better each week. If it’s just Slater that’s out for the rest of the year, I think we can be okay from an injury standpoint.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Outsiders, pundits are saying that our injuries, singularly, amongst other factors, are crippling.

The Chargers have every opportunity to bounce back.

Lovie likes to blitz.

We can use the exact same blitz-beater plays Doug Pederson used against us, to Saddle the Texans.

We can surely display better defense, creating pressure of our own.

Chargering, vs NFL competition, will absolutely never be overcome by whining, however justifiable or substantive.

Don't be hooked on style or appearances, because the answers are within.

Play better football.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Pip is playing well. No longer sure Woods ever will - we’ll all be watching.
                    Writing a player off after 3 games seems very, very premature...

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

And another Dallas win with their backup QB, no Tyron Smith and no Michael Gallup. McCarthy has this team rallying without Dax and other key contributors missing.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

So Guyton out, Slater out, Bosa out a few games
                        lets see what magic Tommy T works today
                        does he try out players
                        or does he go straight to the practice squad

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                          So Guyton out, Slater out, Bosa out a few games
                          lets see what magic Tommy T works today
                          does he try out players
                          or does he go straight to the practice squad
                          I would guess it would be from the practice squad but who knows - might be easier to pick up a receiver than a lineman from outside.

Comment

Working...
                          X