• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Might it be time to dress Spiller?

Running game needs a spark. Would be nice to get something out of a draft pick other than Zion

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
      Stephen A. says the Jags are the team to beat in the AFC.
      Trevor L. is talking junk.
      Hey, maybe we aren't so bad...
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Our dilemma is this...

Remember what Staley said in August ? Don't call us talented. That's insulting.

Now, we are talent deficient,
        due to staggering injuries.

We must transition from being a productive team, due to highest talent level,
        to being a team that is scrappy and opportunistic.

We have to become more physical, angrier. We must block better. We must tackle better.

I respectfully suggest that the blame Lombo groupthink must be cast aside. We must play it one game at a time.

There is no magical X's and O's guru who can come in and create dazzling offense. We simply have to play better, more urgent football.

The boring answer is the correct one.

Of course you're right friend
        But if we're just suddenly able to just be better at being physical, angrier, blocking and tackling, then our coaching is worse than I thought.
        We shouldn't be waiting for injuries to prompt us to play football the way it's intended.
        I don't see it happening, but would be first to give Staley and company credit for illiciting this response.

Boltup.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

But if we're just suddenly able to just be better at being physical, angrier, blocking and tackling, then our coaching is worse than I thought.
          We shouldn't be waiting for injuries to prompt us to play football the way it's intended.
          I don't see it happening, but would be first to give Staley and company credit for illiciting this response.

Boltup.
          We might be able to muster this kind of response for a week, but with this many injuries, and this poorly coached, not something we can sustain for an entire season. This team is just not made of that kind of stuff.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

We might be able to muster this kind of response for a week, but with this many injuries, and this poorly coached, not something we can sustain for an entire season. This team is just not made of that kind of stuff.
            We shall see.Im rootin for my team mainly Herbert to somehow pull some kinda movie magic turn around to this season but Im not bettin my hard earned money on it.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Boltup.
              Part of this is mindset.

Are we committed to running the football, like we should be, especially given Herbert's condition ?

Example.

14:49 2nd Quarter. Michel mishandles a short zipping pass from Herbert. INT. 6-0 Jags.

13:52 2nd Quarter. Two successive runs by Michel. 8 & 6 yards. Starting to get some rhythm. Then, Michel is taken out.
              Two incompletions. Then sack, fumble. Becomes 13-0.

Our fate was sealed.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

The crazy part, is that this division is still wide open and projects to stay that way.
                KC is not the powerhouse everyone pegged them as, there's an obvious disconnect between Mahomes and Bienemy, and Reid is too soft to stand up to either.
                Broncos may never figure it out
                Vegas, nuff said.
                If Herbert is supported enough, we can still win the division.

My hunch is that Herbert knows how best he can operate with a substandard Oline, missing run game and slow WRs,
                so maybe let him give more input.
                bring in a consultant, someone who knows QBing behind shit oline and shit run game, Rivers comes to mind.
                Really curious to hear what Herbert has to say/think about the state of the franchise and what can be done this season.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Part of this is mindset.

Are we committed to running the football, like we should be, especially given Herbert's condition ?

Example.

14:49 2nd Quarter. Michel mishandles a short zipping pass from Herbert. INT. 6-0 Jags.

13:52 2nd Quarter. Two successive runs by Michel. 8 & 6 yards. Starting to get some rhythm. Then, Michel is taken out.
                  Two incompletions. Then sack, fumble. Becomes 13-0.

Our fate was sealed.

So forced to go back to basics.
                  I really like it, I think Staley can sell this,
                  "we're no longer able to out talent everyone, so out hustle everyone"

Comment

• lightsout42
                    Hire a winning coach
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

What is your solution ?
                    Fourteen games left to try and win.
                    You mean, other than selling the team to a good owner that brings in competent GM and coaching?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

You mean, other than selling the team to a good owner that brings in competent GM and coaching?
                      I expect issues of working capital and front office competence to possibly come into play later.

Hypothetical...can we afford both Sean Payton and Herbert's big payday ?

Right now, I think it is a good idea to try and figure out how to beat Houston.

Sloppy play is still on display @ week 3.

Storm Norton may not have to try and block Myles Garrett, due to injuries from today's car wreck.

There is volatility.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

What is your solution ?
                        Fourteen games left to try and win.
                        There is no winning solution for this year, this team is done. Don't blame me, I'm not he HC that can't instill discipline or football basics into his players. I'm not the OC that can't adapt and tailor his scheme to his players. I'm not the owner that won't shell out some bucks for a proven head coach and that won't keep his clan from affecting football decisions. I'm just another disappointed Chargers fan adjusting to another lost year. Will still be rooting for us every game, savoring any victory that may chance to appear. Already looking ahead to next year, maybe Bezos will bail this team out. Anything to break this never-ending cycle of futility.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We didn’t use him at all until yesterdays long throw.
                          We did, but sparingly. He only played 13 snaps til yesterday.
                          Here comes Bandy or Reed. Some speed or slot guy, which do they bring up?

Comment

Working...
                          X