• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Would you take a (late) #1 draft choice for Mack and a #4? He’s good enough to be the missing piece in a Super Bowl win for a top team.

Yes, that means throwing in the towel on the season and rebuilding.

I’m just thinking about the future on a lazy Saturday morning. Accept it, this season is lost.
    I dont think its lost yet. We arent even at the halfway point and are above .500. However with an added game now, they should move the trade deadline back 2 weeks since we also have added bye weeks.

Comment

• DennisR91
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Carter was pretty good the first two games, but his production dropped off after that.
      I observed this in his kr duties which I think should be given to a wr 4 or 5 or db 4 or 5

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Would you take a (late) #1 draft choice for Mack and a #4? He’s good enough to be the missing piece in a Super Bowl win for a top team.

I’m just thinking about the future on a lazy Saturday morning. Accept it, this season is lost.
        I would rather give up a 3rd round pick for Chase Claypool

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

At the almost halfway point of the season, the script is about to flip.

Overachieving teams will come back to the pack.

The Chargers will play better, coach better, get healthy.

There is no Keenan McCardell out there, only a getting healthy Keenan Allen.

It was never gonna happen this season anyway, without playing outstanding football starting in November.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• SBbound
            Casual fanatic
            • Feb 2019
            • Merced/San Diego
            • Send PM

There are plenty of examples over the years of mediocre teams turning it on in late November or even December and making a strong push going into the playoffs.
            Didn't the Steelers win the Superbowl after finishing 8-8? I'll root for the Chargers until it's over.

Comment

• JPPT1974
              June and Summertime!
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Enjoy the bye week as well as get rest there. Rest up players that got minor injuries. As they get back to health and work.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

I wont accept the season is lost until its mathematically lost.

I remember 2008

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post
                  There are plenty of examples over the years of mediocre teams turning it on in late November or even December and making a strong push going into the playoffs.
                  Didn't the Steelers win the Superbowl after finishing 8-8? I'll root for the Chargers until it's over.
                  The 2011 Giants were 7-7, won their last 2 games to sneak into the playoffs and won the SB.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                    No trades. TT and Staley need to prove their worth. If we are supposedley coming off one the best off-seasons ever we dont need no stinkin 4th WR off the Broncos or some random NFC TE. Unless we can trade Joe for a better OC or Renaldo Hill for a better DC then no 1 player will change the Chargers fortune.
                    the thing is if they trade for a better DC then that means stale is gone cuz he hasnt relinquished the D. Renaldo is only DC in title, kinda like Erik Bienemy is OC in name for KC.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It was never gonna happen this season anyway, without playing outstanding football starting in November.
                      Whatever they do, it better be quick. Having Herbert at the helm for 3 years with not a single playoff appearance would be unforgivable.

I would like to see the defense come out and prove their worth and take some of the pressure off the offense. Both the offense and defense have injuries, but the offense just seems decimated in that regard (no excuse either way).

It's time for the defense to show out. Stayley what's up?

On offense, I know Herbert and the receivers can do better. Lombo needs to get to work.
                      ​​​​

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                        Let's do this!
                        • Aug 2022
                        • Raleigh N. Carolina
                        • Send PM

No team is giving up a 1st for Mack.

That's a pipe dream.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Amazing what a bye week can do for your state of mind

Comment

Working...
                          X