Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Aka running out the clock.

How about coming out with the intent of putting 28 more points on the board and blowing the other team off the field?
    A 3 score win wasn't good enough? Lol. Would it feel better if we won by 17 with the score 41 to 24?
    Me i like that we held a team to 3 points. But sure it would be nice for the offense to start clicking. Starts up front and Salyer alone gave up 6 pressures.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

A 3 score win wasn't good enough? Lol. Would it feel better if we won by 17 with the score 41 to 24?
      Me i like that we held a team to 3 points. But sure it would be nice for the offense to start clicking. Starts up front and Salyer alone gave up 6 pressures.
      Colt's D is NFL #8 in sacks. They get pressure on everybody but we give up a lot of pressures. Unfortunate strength meet weakness. We do need to do better with quick out play design, escape routes, etc if we can't block better.
      Watching last year's SB made me wonder if Burrow would outlive his rookie contract. Do not let Herbert get pounded like that. I don't want a SB win that bad.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Colt's D is NFL #8 in sacks. They get pressure on everybody but we give up a lot of pressures. Unfortunate strength meet weakness. We do need to do better with quick out play design, escape routes, etc if we can't block better.
        Watching last year's SB made me wonder if Burrow would outlive his rookie contract. Do not let Herbert get pounded like that. I don't want a SB win that bad.
        Yep. Burrow is one tough SOB, he sure took a pounding last year and is looking pretty good.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Yep. Burrow is one tough SOB, he sure took a pounding last year and is looking pretty good.
          There's always a price. I wish him well.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

I wasn’t saying the Guyton is the man. Simply missing his speed. I’m not comparing Slaters importance to Guyton. Just answered a question that was ask.

Has the oline played that different than last years? Not really. But has the deep bombs, disappeared, yes.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Send PM

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

ST have been clicking all season. Defense is now clicking. It’s all on the offense to get right and in rhythm. Lombardi is on the hot seat now. We see it, Popper sees it and Staley sees it. We have a premier QB and healthy supporting cast. There is no longer any excuse for the lackluster play of the offense.
                100% no more excuses

I do think Staley sees it now. You could read between the lines at his press conference yesterday. When asked about Lombardi, he gave him credit for holding the fort through all the injuries but basically acknowledged it isnt good enough right now for the playoffs and there is work to do in the next couple of weeks.

And Staley should see it, his coaching success and future is tied to this.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

It is entirely possible they have been making Herbert play the patient game, take what the defence gives and play in the pocket to work on the things he does not do as well as throwing on the move. It's may also be that they are trying to protect him with the short pass do to the rib injury. If either or both of these are true, we likely will not see the offence open up unless we get behind by a bunch of until the playoffs. I would prefer the later
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                    I wasn’t saying the Guyton is the man. Simply missing his speed. I’m not comparing Slaters importance to Guyton. Just answered a question that was ask.

Has the oline played that different than last years? Not really. But has the deep bombs, disappeared, yes.
                    Last year Herbert was sacked 31 times in 17 games. This year 38 times in 15 games.
                    Pressures are up too. #28 in NFL 2022 https://theathletic.com/3708858/2022...tion-rankings/
                    #25 in 2021. https://www.pff.com/news/pro-o-line-...ing-efficiency

We have thrown deep a few times, not a lot.
                    Slater is a star LT. Salyer is surprisingly good R backup but several steps down.
                    Our passing success is
                    A. Herbert
                    B. Receivers
                    C. OC
                    D OL -they aren't horrible, just not good or consistent.The issues are R OG w/lame knee at LT, R OG ar RG, lame knee RT.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Remember the guy at the CMB that predicted the Chargers to win 49-0 every week? I think that's what some of the guys want and they won't be satisfied with anything less.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

It’s starting!!!

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM