• Show
Clear All
  • Tol
    From Accounting
    • Mar 2019
    • Carlsbad
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Leonard was a recent seventh-round pick who played his way onto the roster by turning heads in multiple phases.
    i see what you did there bill hader GIF

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

MW is great when healthy, but he does get banged up because of the way he plays all out.....
      KA is still great but he is getting older so his chances of getting hurt increase every year.....
      Palmer looks like a young stud all round WR who has bright future...
      Guyton is a part time deep speed guy
      Carter is a great returner and looks like he could also be a good to great slot WR/deep ball guy...

Its a pretty solid and diverse group as long as they stay healthy and if they stay healthy all year, I agree we do not need bandy this year and we know there will be a number of vet WR's available if we do get injuries.

Bandy would have been a great guy to have if there are any injuries, especially if carter were to go down since bandy can return and play the slot....

If Bandy does not get claimed, he will definitely be on practice squad, but I think he has a much higher chance to get claimed than most of the guys we cut.....
      What Chargers actually looked good in pre season that did not make the team? Only Bandy. Neither Stick nor Daniel looked good in pre season and not great in scrimmages.....yet both are on team?
      Nice post. I agree with your assessment and thoughts on Bandy. Daniel actually played very well against the Saints, including their first team defense. He showed me something that I didn’t think he still had.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Practice squad guesses: (14)

Christian Covington DL
        Michael Bandy WR
        Trevon Bradford WR
        Cole Christiansen LB
        Emeke Egbule OLB
        Joe Gaziano DL
        Ryan Hunter G
        Hunter Kampmoyer TE
        Carlo Kemp OLB
        Jason Moore Jr. WR
        Gabe Nabers FB
        Joe Reed WR
        Foster Sarell OT
        Mark Webb Jr. DB

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          The Leatherwood situation makes no sense to me. He’s got everything needed to make it as an OL, although I can’t judge his head.
          He has slower feet than Fluker.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2021
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

MW is great when healthy, but he does get banged up because of the way he plays all out.....
            KA is still great but he is getting older so his chances of getting hurt increase every year.....
            Palmer looks like a young stud all round WR who has bright future...
            Guyton is a part time deep speed guy
            Carter is a great returner and looks like he could also be a good to great slot WR/deep ball guy...

Its a pretty solid and diverse group as long as they stay healthy and if they stay healthy all year, I agree we do not need bandy this year and we know there will be a number of vet WR's available if we do get injuries.

Bandy would have been a great guy to have if there are any injuries, especially if carter were to go down since bandy can return and play the slot....

If Bandy does not get claimed, he will definitely be on practice squad, but I think he has a much higher chance to get claimed than most of the guys we cut.....
            What Chargers actually looked good in pre season that did not make the team? Only Bandy. Neither Stick nor Daniel looked good in pre season and not great in scrimmages.....yet both are on team?
            I saw the Rams kept 7 receivers. The Chargers should have done the same and released Roundtree to PS

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Practice squad guesses: (14)

Christian Covington DL
              Michael Bandy WR
              Trevon Bradford WR
              Cole Christiansen LB
              Emeke Egbule OLB
              Joe Gaziano DL
              Ryan Hunter G
              Hunter Kampmoyer TE
              Carlo Kemp OLB
              Jason Moore Jr. WR
              Gabe Nabers FB
              Joe Reed WR
              Foster Sarell OT
              Mark Webb Jr. DB

Is Covington eligible? Or did they do away with those restrictions?
              I think at least 2-3 PS players will come from other teams.
              I have seen enough Jason Moore.
              I think Jamal Davis over Egbule.
              I think Kemon Hall might sneak on the list because Staley likes him so much.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Me too, Chain. He brings more to the team than Tillery.

TG
                If Tillery were cut, espn would have a line saying “Chargers cut former 1st round pick.” That is why he is still on the team.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Just a reminder for those worried about depth at EDGE and TE, we can always call up a PS member to be active on gameday. Kampmoyer was working at TE4 all of camp and is anyone really worried about him not making it onto the PS? Even if he is poached it’s not like he was significantly better than Krommenhoek who was at TE5. Same situation at EDGE Davis, Egbule, and Kemp all showed some flashes but nothing that screamed “I deserve a roster spot”, pick 1 or 2 and stash them on the PS to optionally be called up on gameday. KVN definitely has EDGE flexibility as well so we will have 4 EDGE guys minimum active for games.

Amen, Leonard, and Rountree should still be holding their breath until waiver claims are finished IMO.

Very surprised Webb wasn’t kept over Amen, IR Webb and then bring Amen back once the spot opens up.

Hope Bandy makes it to the PS but would understand if he moves on somewhere else. He was always a long shot just because of the amount of slot capable guys in front of him. Our WR depth is still better than last year as our WR5s were KJ Hill and Andre Roberts who weren’t really providing anything as WR. Carter is a big upgrade for that unit as a whole.

Feel much better about the roster as a whole this year compared to last year! Really hope this is our last year of 3 QBs though.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

I saw the Rams kept 7 receivers. The Chargers should have done the same and released Roundtree to PS
                    Even if you want to keep Bandy as WR6 there’s no one worth keeping as WR7.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Is Covington eligible? Or did they do away with those restrictions?
                      I think at least 2-3 PS players will come from other teams.
                      I have seen enough Jason Moore.
                      I think Jamal Davis over Egbule.
                      I think Kemon Hall might sneak on the list because Staley likes him so much.

TG
                      No restrictions this season on Veterans, and yeah, probably will have some other guys come in, if the incentive is there. I don't think they went with the full PS complement last season as well. I think Bandy is gone, Covington will probably get a look elsewhere too.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Why keep Rountree? He has shown nothing this year or in the past. At least Kelley has put in the extra effort and is showing something now.

Comment

• jox g
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                          Why keep Rountree? He has shown nothing this year or in the past. At least Kelley has put in the extra effort and is showing something now.
                          Bcuz they are "Nature" Fans

Leaf, Brees, Rivers, Stick, Round Tree

Comment

Working...
                          X