• Send PM

Screenshot_20230116-213404_Brave.jpg

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        This makes no sense. Staley had nothing to do with Lynn getting fired. Lynn got fired because he couldn't get the job done in 4 years.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          My guess is this thread will RIP soon. Well done everyone. This was a monster thread with a ton of great intel and takes. You are amazing and keep up the good work. Hope for better days ahead. I mean thats all we can do. Its so tough sometimes. Not gonna lie...i just feel hopeless for the hapless sometimes. I have deep seeded resentments that get the best of me. I just wish the spanos fam could stay out of the operational side of things. Wish is all im saying. Thats all it is. You dont need to tell me it will never happen.
          This thread must remain pinned into perpetuity as a constant reminder of the disgrace that was and what we need to move away from.
          Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 01-17-2023, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

This thread must remain pinned into perpetuity as a constant reminder of the disgrace that was and what we need to move away from.
            Agreed.
            until we win a superbowl.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

This makes no sense. Staley had nothing to do with Lynn getting fired. Lynn got fired because he couldn't get the job done in 4 years.
              Rex must disagree. He doesn't know Staley and always talks shit about him.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Rex must disagree. He doesn't know Staley and always talks shit about him.
                He has done that since the beginning. Staley obviously had nothing to do with it, but he will take shots against the franchise he once wanted to be a part of so bad.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Zac Taylor.
                  Nick Sirianni.
                  Brian Daboll.

Three Head Coaches who rose from the rank and file of NFL coaching, who've been in the league for at least 10 seasons, who were hired as first time head coaches after serving as coordinators for successful franchises, who now have their teams in the playoffs. One of them took his team to the SB last season. One of them led their team to the best record in the league this season. One of them took a down and out franchise last season and just one a road playoff game and is a favorite to win Coach of the Year.

You don't need a Sean Payton or a Jim Harbaugh. Find a guy like one these, someone who the Spanoses can afford because they won't command an obnoxious salary. Brandon Staley was elevated too fast. He has not been in the league long enough. He's not well-grounded in the NFL, and the team's inconsistency shows that.

My favorite HC candidate in the mold of Taylor/Sirianni/Daboll is Shane Steichen. Steichen is one of the hottest HC candidates. The Texans, Panthers and Colts have already had him in for interviews (who knows what other teams). The Spanoses know Steichen well. He was the Chargers' QB coach then OC. He was Herbert's first OC.

There are other HC candidates who fit this mold. I know it hasn't worked out for the Chargers to hire first time HC their last three tries. But it's the only route available to the Spanoses, due to their financial limitations. One of these times, they are bound to hit on a HC like Taylor, or Sirianni (also a former Chargers asst) or Daboll.

I don't think I can continue to follow this team if they retain Staley. If I, as a Bolts fan for 40+ years, am ready to move on, think about how the fan base in LA must feel. The Chargers are in danger of being and afterthought in their own city, despite being one of the more talented franchises in the NFL, with one of the best young QBs in the league.

I don't want to see Shane Steichen coach a losing franchise to the playoffs next season while the Chargers continue to founder under Staley.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Zac Taylor.
                    Nick Sirianni.
                    Brian Daboll.

Three Head Coaches who rose from the rank and file of NFL coaching, who've been in the league for at least 10 seasons, who were hired as first time head coaches after serving as coordinators for successful franchises, who now have their teams in the playoffs. One of them took his team to the SB last season. One of them led their team to the best record in the league this season. One of them took a down and out franchise last season and just one a road playoff game and is a favorite to win Coach of the Year.

You don't need a Sean Payton or a Jim Harbaugh. Find a guy like one these, someone who the Spanoses can afford because they won't command an obnoxious salary. Brandon Staley was elevated too fast. He has not been in the league long enough. He's not well-grounded in the NFL, and the team's inconsistency shows that.

My favorite HC candidate in the mold of Taylor/Sirianni/Daboll is Shane Steichen. Steichen is one of the hottest HC candidates. The Texans, Panthers and Colts have already had him in for interviews (who knows what other teams). The Spanoses know Steichen well. He was the Chargers' QB coach then OC. He was Herbert's first OC.

There are other HC candidates who fit this mold. I know it hasn't worked out for the Chargers to hire first time HC their last three tries. But it's the only route available to the Spanoses, due to their financial limitations. One of these times, they are bound to hit on a HC like Taylor, or Sirianni (also a former Chargers asst) or Daboll.

I don't think I can continue to follow this team if they retain Staley. If I, as a Bolts fan for 40+ years, am ready to move on, think about how the fan base in LA must feel. The Chargers are in danger of being and afterthought in their own city, despite being one of the more talented franchises in the NFL, with one of the best young QBs in the league.

I don't want to see Shane Steichen coach a losing franchise to the playoffs next season while the Chargers continue to founder under Staley.
                    Being a charger fan for that long myself, I find it hard to move on. I did lose interest when they moved to LA and wasn't deeply invested.

The draft seemed less important to me for a year anyways and my hatred for the Spanos incompetence was greater. So I get it.

I'm not real down on Staley cuz I think he will be a good head coach in the league one day I've come to terms with the fact that the Spanos will not spend the money for a good experienced HC.

Replacing Lombardi will be at good step I suppose.

You do mention the Raiders often so I hope you don't go that route as it won't be any better for you.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Being a charger fan for that long myself, I find it hard to move on. I did lose interest when they moved to LA and wasn't deeply invested.

The draft seemed less important to me for a year anyways and my hatred for the Spanos incompetence was greater. So I get it.

I'm not real down on Staley cuz I think he will be a good head coach in the league one day I've come to terms with the fact that the Spanos will not spend the money for a good experienced HC.

Replacing Lombardi will be at good step I suppose.

You do mention the Raiders often so I hope you don't go that route as it won't be any better for you.
                      Agree...Staley is growing...shows promise. Might need to bring the hammer down on some vets, instead of fluffing them so much...but the coordinator shakup is promising...I think Staley tends to stick to his guns mostly...but is smart enough to learn from mistakes, and possesses the humility to make changes...we will see for sure next season.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

As predicted the Chargers fired Lombardi and Shane Day. Staley stays. The team was all in this year and went out of their way to make a big
                        splash in FA. It didn't work out and now there has to be a roster shake up due to the salary cap situation.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Zac Taylor.
                          Nick Sirianni.
                          Brian Daboll.

I'm going to go a different route. It's really hard for a rookie head coach to manage basically a rookie OC coach. Look how much better special teams was under a new coach. Night and Day IMHO. I don't think next season is a lost cause if they drastically improve Staley brain trust. Joe was not a rocket scientist.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X