• chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FtheTurds View Post

Hello,
    With all due respect, I am having a very hard time believing in God. Our daughter was just diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer, in her upper lung, lower back, throat and hip. She is a nonsmoker, 36 years old, married for 3 years and has a two year old son. Why??? she is so kind, considerate, smart, gives back to others that have needs, constantly. I just have a very very hard time believing in God at this point in my life. There is nothing I can do to help but be supportive. I wish i could trade places with her. If there was a god, he/she should take me now, instead of her.
    I was married to my first wife for 43 years when she came down with lung cancer. I was depressed and bitter and, I confess that I cussed out God. That was 24 years ago and after some time, I realized she had died much quicker than most of us do when we have lung cancer and I changed my thinking to thank you God that she didn't suffer a lot longer than she did.

I pray that your daughter has a miracle healing but I feel certain that God knows what's best for her. I urge you to make God an even bigger part of your life now and pray often. I also -pray that God will guide you and your entire family through this terrible time in your life.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Bless you Chargeroo,

Prayers incoming you you and FtheTurds as well.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Hello,
        With all due respect, I am having a very hard time believing in God. Our daughter was just diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer, in her upper lung, lower back, throat and hip. She is a nonsmoker, 36 years old, married for 3 years and has a two year old son. Why??? she is so kind, considerate, smart, gives back to others that have needs, constantly. I just have a very very hard time believing in God at this point in my life. There is nothing I can do to help but be supportive. I wish i could trade places with her. If there was a god, he/she should take me now, instead of her.
        Im very sorry you are dealing with this. Not sure what to say. I believe in the MOJO here at TPB. We have had quite a few overcome cancer as well as members kids. Might be some power in positive thinking amongst a multitude of people. I wont dump a bucket of God on you. I just pray for healing for your girl and peace for the family. I was suicidal when i first asked God to show me a sign that he existed. And he did. Took me years of fighting it. Pushing back. Telling him to F off if he was even real. But over time i started to see Him working in my life. Doors closing and opening. All of it spiritual type stuff that lead me to absolute peace. And then just a strong desire to live.

Aloha

If you want to start a thread asking for support of all kinds....we are usually pretty good with this stuff. This community wields some pretty special powers when it comes to health issues.

Our buddy Mako went through this....

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Hello,
          I'm very, very sorry to read this.
          I can only imagine as a father myself.
          Sending you and your family my deepest thoughts and hope for a peaceful end.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Scottbbo1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Folsom, Ca
            • Send PM

yup, my mom has had 3 different cancers and beat them all, with no Chemo, and she just turned 80 5 days ago. I myself had a cancerous tumor taken off my liver a year and a half ago, had no idea it was cancerous until after it was removed. go figure. and I have had 3 strokes this year. don't even know why I'm chiming in with all this?

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Scottbbo1 View Post
              yup, my mom has had 3 different cancers and beat them all, with no Chemo, and she just turned 80 5 days ago. I myself had a cancerous tumor taken off my liver a year and a half ago, had no idea it was cancerous until after it was removed. go figure. and I have had 3 strokes this year. don't even know why I'm chiming in with all this?
              Stoked you are solid now brother. Sending good vibes to you and yours.

Comment

• Scottbbo1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Folsom, Ca
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Stoked you are solid now brother. Sending good vibes to you and yours.
                Thanks Fleeter, We all good. really diggin my son and mine's new life out in the Florida keys, beautiful here...a few too many fin fans for my taste..LOL

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Roo you haven't posted in a couple days. You good brother?

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

i'm doing about as well as can be expected. Friends from my church cam by last Satirday and raked up a ton of leaves for us. On Sunday, after church one pf my best friends came by and we had a couple of hours of discussion about the day's service. On Monday another friend from church came by seeking some guidance regarding his family. Tuesday my hospice nurse came (They are going to start coming 2 days a week now.). Thursday was football day for me. Friday our best friends (also from church) came over and brought us a great dinner. After dinner we sat around the living room gabbing until I fell asleep about four pm. It was a very nice week. They kept me busy, my mind off the chest pains.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Living each day to its fullest... surrounded by friends and family. Way to do it, Roo!
                      We all hope for your longest, best life, Roo. Maybe a Super Bowl win...? But if not... you're still winning @life!

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        i'm doing about as well as can be expected. Friends from my church cam by last Satirday and raked up a ton of leaves for us. On Sunday, after church one pf my best friends came by and we had a couple of hours of discussion about the day's service. On Monday another friend from church came by seeking some guidance regarding his family. Tuesday my hospice nurse came (They are going to start coming 2 days a week now.). Thursday was football day for me. Friday our best friends (also from church) came over and brought us a great dinner. After dinner we sat around the living room gabbing until I fell asleep about four pm. It was a very nice week. They kept me busy, my mind off the chest pains.
                        Thanks for checking in Roo. Glad you are in a good place. Surrounded by so much good. Aloha brother. Sending prayers for the chest pains.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          Roo, glad to hear you have friends to help out and encourage you. There are so many shut-ins in this world with NOBODY to help or to pray for them. My prayers are with you!

Comment

Working...
                          X