Improving the WR Corps (Mike Williams Signs - 3 Years 60M)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Can the Chargers really afford to pay Williams $27M? Or are they going to be forced to release him in two years?
    By then they can either cut, trade, or renegotiate Keenan Allen's and Bosa's contracts.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

They’ll restructure and extend him at that point. Unless he completely bombs.
      I think you mean becomes an injury failure? I think we already know his play making ability at this point and time. No?
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think you mean becomes an injury failure? I think we already know his play making ability at this point and time. No?
        Williams is beat up a lot because he is always laying it all out diving for passes and hitting the ground, but he has played in 62 of the last 64 games. There have certainly been games where he has had to leave or been limited but he plays in most of them.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Really good Mike Williams story in the LA Daily News. Lots of detail and his relationship with his mother, who is quite proud of her son.

The Chargers pushed to get a long-term extension done because they’re confident about what’s to come for the 6-foot-4 receiver who does his best work in crunch time.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Really glad they signed Williams. WR corp is set. Adding a stud TE is more important than adding more WR’s.

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I’d still love to see a quick, small WR to put in with the rest of what we’ve got. I’d be happy with Calvin Austin, Skyy Moore, or Kyle Phillips.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                I’d still love to see a quick, small WR to put in with the rest of what we’ve got. I’d be happy with Calvin Austin, Skyy Moore, or Kyle Phillips.
                Agree. I haven’t see the others play but I caught a bit of Kyle Phillips and he’s shifty and tough

Comment

Working...
                X