Dear John.... what about that Elephant in the Room ??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Otherwise we fire him ?
    Otherwise, the Spani will REALLY almost fire him...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

So much this.

My biggest fear is that he fails to fix the defense and we essentially waste a 3rd year of J Herbert with no playoff appearance.

If TT screws this year up and we don't at least make playoffs again , I have a bad feeling Herbert will not sign another contract with the chargers down the road.
      TT didn't fix the defense, are you serious ?

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Otherwise we fire him ?
        If he rolls with Storm or Pip at RT and it bites us in the ass Again how you gonna feel?I know how I'll feel about this dude.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

If he rolls with Storm or Pip at RT and it bites us in the ass Again how you gonna feel?I know how I'll feel about this dude.
          No way. A new RT is coming. Storm and Pipkin will only play as backups or we might as well kiss the season goodbye considering the pass rushers our divisional opponents have added.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

So much this.

My biggest fear is that he fails to fix the defense and we essentially waste a 3rd year of J Herbert with no playoff appearance.

If TT screws this year up and we don't at least make playoffs again , I have a bad feeling Herbert will not sign another contract with the chargers down the road.
            Oh please, Herbert isn’t going anywhere.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Here we are with one of, maybe The Best Chargers roster ever and I detect a lot of whining. A lot.
              Kinda like a loud fart in church.
              To each his own.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

jftr, and to date.... do like his two IDL moves/signings, but also think he has made two very risky moves in resigning MW and then w/Khalil Mack.

think JC Jackson was a solid signing, but he has got a whole lotta monies tied up in two injury concerns, Mack 'n Mike Dub, that coulda and perhaps woulda, shoulda bought alotta roster depth and talent.... not to mention jettisoning a very valuable round two pick.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  jftr, and to date.... do like his two IDL moves/signings, but also think he has made two very risky moves in resigning MW and then w/Khalil Mack.

think JC Jackson was a solid signing, but he has got a whole lotta monies tied up in two injury concerns, Mack 'n Mike Dub, that coulda and perhaps woulda, shoulda bought alotta roster depth and talent.... not to mention jettisoning a very valuable round two pick.
                  We can't criticize TT for being too conservative and then criticize him when he's aggressive. The FA market has shown that MW would have gotten better than 60M/3 years if he hit free agency. He got JCJ for a steal. He's only the sixth highest paid corner. Usually when a big time FA signs, they are immediately the highest paid person at their position. At the time of his new contract with the 49ers, Jimmy G was the highest paid QB in the league. By the end of his deal, JCJ might not be in the top 20 for cornerbacks.

There are 32 teams all vying for the same prize every year. You don’t win it all by staying conservative. Hell, taking Justin Herbert was a very risky pick that the vast majority of this board decried at the time it happened.

We’ve seen the results of 9 years of TT being conservative. I support the course correction and the all-in approach we’re going for. We’ve got Herbert on a rookie deal. Let’s see what we can do with this three year window.

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                    Great White North
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I really don’t see how anyone can complain about the roster put together here. He drafted a quarterback that can play at a high level here for the next 15 years. Drafted a ton of studs actually. Bosa, Derwin James, Slater, Adderly, Allen, the list goes on. We could be stuck with a guy like Speilman that wasted 10 years in Minnesota whiffing on quarterbacks, or the Donks who can’t draft one to save their lives.

if the team fails to deliver I think its a coaching issue more than anything. The talent is here to do big things.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

MW & KM are not bigger injury risks than any starter. So just don't sign top players?

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

I'm on the fence. I have liked some of his drafts. Also, remember a GM can draft a blue chip player but it's up to the player to perform. Over these 9 years there have been some huge disappointments. Some of the blame falls squarely on the players.

That said, I think this is TT's make it or break draft... It's going to be interesting. He's put together his best offseason and if he follows up with a solid draft you may see him around for a few more years.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

How has TT done so far?
                          I am more than willing to eat my crow I’ve done it every day with Herbert so FO.

We still gotta play the games and we had very good reason to question Telesco with what two Wild Card wins in ten years? I just hope Brandon keeps him locked in his office until he is done and this off-season has coach Staley written all over it.

Comment

Working...
                          X