• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buck
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Eric Weddle is Soft

Can't wait to see a Safety next year who actually wants to hit somebody.

That is all.
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post

That is all.
    One thing Telesco seemed to handle correctly.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      One thing Telesco seemed to handle correctly.
      Weddle isn't as good so far this year. I don't think it's a coincidence his shittier play comes right after the Chargers refused to negotiate with him. I mean, for fuck's sake - we extended Corey Liuget's contract. Liuget is better than every other lineman we have, but that's not saying much.

Hopefully Weddle bounces back the rest of the year.
      Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• homeless simpson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The entire team is soft

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Buck View Post

That is all.
          Addae wants to hit somebody, but he's always getting himself hurt. Weddle is one of the few Chargers who plays all the games. Not surprising we want to get rid of him.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

It's not been a good first 3 weeks for Weddle.

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

We love weddle and he gets credit for being a great safety, but measured amongst current players in NFL. Currently very few marquee safeties. If there was an Ed Reed, Lott or Palumalu type in the league, Weddle would be considered a good safety...

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                The entire team is soft
                Totally agree

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                  Weddle isn't as good so far this year. I don't think it's a coincidence his shittier play comes right after the Chargers refused to negotiate with him. I mean, for fuck's sake - we extended Corey Liuget's contract. Liuget is better than every other lineman we have, but that's not saying much.

Hopefully Weddle bounces back the rest of the year.
                  Good point. Waddle is dogging it to save himself for the future.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2014
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

Weddle's butt cheeks are soft ?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

That's how I see it. Why risk injury for a team who doesn't care about him. He isn't about to throw himself into a one-on-one collision with Adrian Peterson.
                      Weddle will make somebody else's team better next year.
                      Telesco will probably replace him with somebody healthy enough to suit up for 3 or 4 games.
                      It won't matter to me though; I'll be doing something better with my Sundays next year. Fuck the NFL.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

There are a combination of things going on here.

1. Adrian Peterson is going to make a lot of people look bad
                        2. Weddle is a year older and may be a step slower, he is still a good player, but I don't think he is top 3 at his position at this stage in his career which is why the Chargers didn't meet Weedle's salary demands.
                        3. Weddle gains nothing by dogging this year to save his future, to gain the money he wants you will need to prove you still got what it takes, entering into next season he will be 31.
                        4. Wrong side of 30 effects these positions the most RB, CB, and, S.
                        a. Running Backs obviously once you approach 30, from the hits and punishment note Ladanian Tomliison your note effective as you use to be.
                        b. Corner Backs on the wrong side of 30 once they loose some of there speed transition to Safety note the transition from corner to safety Charles Woodson
                        c. Safety unlike corner you can't transition once you loose quickness and speed that is normally why most safeties coming into the league are safeties, they don't have great speed or quickness.

Troy Polamalu was a very good safety when he hit 30 he really slow down but he also dealt with injuries unlike Weddle who has been healthy his whole career, but he has logged a lot of playing time on the field.

Weddle is a good player who is going to have to play better to seek that one last big contract.

Comment

Working...
                        X