• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

i guess everybody on D must be dogging it on purpose too since they all suck at tackling, especially that safety that replaced Addae

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
      i guess everybody on D must be dogging it on purpose too since they all suck at tackling, especially that safety that replaced Addae
      Those other guys always suck at tackling. This is a relatively new thing for Weddle. He's missed tackles before but not with this much regularity.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
        When we play is there a D in Defense?

There is a D in Defenseless, and that's what we showed in Minnesota

Offense doesn't get off the hook either it was Offensive. I know the O-line was dropping like flies, so why not go with quick swing pass or short passing game instead of having Rivers continually look deep getting sacked, or throwing into tight-coverage.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

The thing that caught my attention yesterday about Weddle was his demeanor after a play.
          When he was involved in a tackle- whether he made it or missed it- he sat on the turf and had the look of a defeated man.
          He may have been tired, injured or both but if he's the leader of your defense, and the young guys are watching him to learn how to act themselves, it wasn't a very positive message.
          Our secondary is depleted both physically and mentally. Let's hope for a turn around against Johnny Football and the Browns.

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Noticed it too. Weddle looked either gassed or hurt.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

I thought he looked gassed, that was a 15 play drive that should have ended with that FG.

He may also have been shaken up the drive before during the AP run, his head hit APs knee pretty hard.
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                There are a combination of things going on here.

1. Adrian Peterson is going to make a lot of people look bad
                2. Weddle is a year older and may be a step slower, he is still a good player, but I don't think he is top 3 at his position at this stage in his career which is why the Chargers didn't meet Weedle's salary demands.
                3. Weddle gains nothing by dogging this year to save his future, to gain the money he wants you will need to prove you still got what it takes, entering into next season he will be 31.
                4. Wrong side of 30 effects these positions the most RB, CB, and, S.
                a. Running Backs obviously once you approach 30, from the hits and punishment note Ladanian Tomliison your note effective as you use to be.
                b. Corner Backs on the wrong side of 30 once they loose some of there speed transition to Safety note the transition from corner to safety Charles Woodson
                c. Safety unlike corner you can't transition once you loose quickness and speed that is normally why most safeties coming into the league are safeties, they don't have great speed or quickness.

Troy Polamalu was a very good safety when he hit 30 he really slow down but he also dealt with injuries unlike Weddle who has been healthy his whole career, but he has logged a lot of playing time on the field.

Weddle is a good player who is going to have to play better to seek that one last big contract.
                AP is also 30.
                sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                  AP is also 30.
                  Maybe Weddle should start beating the shit out of kids. It's not a jailable offense and the NFL would give him this year off. Plus, Dan Fouts will call him a good dude on national TV when he comes back and NFL fans will love him - especially if Weddle can find a way to win a fantasy football game or two.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    AP is also 30.

The countdown is on for AP he did save his body when he was suspended for most of 2014, but let's see what he does as the season progresses, and seems like everybody has a good game against us running, Ameer Abdullah (Detroit) didn't even start had 50 yards, Giovani Bernard(Cincy) who didn't start 123 yards.

Hopefully it is a case as many pointed out of Weddle being gassed and taking the heavy hit to the head. After Cleveland this Sunday which we should win, we will need the Weddle of 2013-2014 when we will be going against some heavy hitters offensively

10/12 Monday Night Pittsburgh (Minus Big Ben, but Levon Bell, Antonio Brown and Heath Miller)
                    10/18 @ Green Bay (Rodgers, Lacy, and Cobb)

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The beard is a lot less clever these days.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                        That's how I see it. Why risk injury for a team who doesn't care about him. He isn't about to throw himself into a one-on-one collision with Adrian Peterson.
                        Weddle will make somebody else's team better next year.
                        Telesco will probably replace him with somebody healthy enough to suit up for 3 or 4 games.
                        It won't matter to me though; I'll be doing something better with my Sundays next year. Fuck the NFL.
                        I'm surprised you're defending Weddle when your excuse for him is he is dogging it on the last year of a 40MM/5 year contract (that he got fully paid for) because he didn't get a new contract when he wanted it. If he's not going to tackle A/P because he's only making $8MM annually, that says he's a piece of shit. I don't think he's a piece of shit, so I think your theory is way off base.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                          I'm surprised you're defending Weddle when your excuse for him is he is dogging it on the last year of a 40MM/5 year contract (that he got fully paid for) because he didn't get a new contract when he wanted it. If he's not going to tackle A/P because he's only making $8MM annually, that says he's a piece of shit. I don't think he's a piece of shit, so I think your theory is way off base.
                          I'm saying he's not trying as hard - probably not on game days and definitely not during volunteer workouts. I might be wrong - maybe he's injured, but I think he's not the same balls-to-the-wall Weddle he used to be. He's saving himself for his next team - that's what I think.

And, no, I usually support the employee over the employer unless the employee is just a total jackass - like say somebody who gets himself arrested the morning of a fucking playoff game.. Football is a dangerous occupation. If your employer is into you, then be into your employer. But, if your employer isn't into you, you need to do what's best for you. It's Weddle's life; it's his body. I can't fault him for not wanting to fuck up his career and his future quality of life for some dirty ownership that isn't remotely interested in keeping him around. And, by dirty ownership - I don't mean their dirty specifically due to their handling of Weddle - they are just dirty - always have been, always will be.

If the team doesn't like what Weddle's doing out there and we got a better option, then make a switch. Unfortunately, Telesco and AJ before him didn't stock up our secondary with very good safeties. A half-ass Weddle is probably better than anything else we got. And, to be honest, with all the injuries we have - if Weddle does what he can to stay healthy - that might serve the Chargers well. The rest of the starting secondary is already out.
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X