• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
    I'm saying he's not trying as hard - probably not on game days and definitely not during volunteer workouts. I might be wrong - maybe he's injured, but I think he's not the same balls-to-the-wall Weddle he used to be. He's saving himself for his next team - that's what I think.
    In other words, he's not a true professional if he can't honor the deal he signed. Is that the kind of guy you would invest additional 10's of millions in if it were true? Completely disagree with you here, nothing about Weddle suggests this. He's getting older and he's missed tackles even when he was balls to the wall weddle.

And, no, I usually support the employee over the employer unless the employee is just a total jackass - like say somebody who gets himself arrested the morning of a fucking playoff game.. Football is a dangerous occupation. If your employer is into you, then be into your employer. But, if your employer isn't into you, you need to do what's best for you. It's Weddle's life; it's his body. I can't fault him for not wanting to fuck up his career and his future quality of life for some dirty ownership that isn't remotely interested in keeping him around. And, by dirty ownership - I don't mean their dirty specifically due to their handling of Weddle - they are just dirty - always have been, always will be.
    Its his chosen career and he wasn't forced to sign a 5yr/40MM deal to play for the pos owner or risk bodily injury for that same guy who still owns the team. Employee over employer is, imo, ridiculous. You're talking about multi-millionaires vs. multi-millionaries and your picking sides based on who has more millions? If Spanos was trying to pull an Al Davis and not pay him what he's due, that would be one thing. Not the case here.

If the team doesn't like what Weddle's doing out there and we got a better option, then make a switch. Unfortunately, Telesco and AJ before him didn't stock up our secondary with very good safeties. A half-ass Weddle is probably better than anything else we got. And, to be honest, with all the injuries we have - if Weddle does what he can to stay healthy - that might serve the Chargers well. The rest of the starting secondary is already out.
    Who says the team doesn't like him? He's starting isn't he? They may not like him enough to extend him, but that's not the same.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Unless you are a young Polamalu, Ed Reed or Sean Taylor, you are not an impact player at safety. Certainly not at 30+ years of age. And definitely not at the salary he thinks he deserves.

Why are we wringing our hands over this? Our major issues on defense lie elsewhere.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
        In other words, he's not a true professional if he can't honor the deal he signed. Is that the kind of guy you would invest additional 10's of millions in if it were true? Completely disagree with you here, nothing about Weddle suggests this. He's getting older and he's missed tackles even when he was balls to the wall weddle.

Its his chosen career and he wasn't forced to sign a 5yr/40MM deal to play for the pos owner or risk bodily injury for that same guy who still owns the team. Employee over employer is, imo, ridiculous. You're talking about multi-millionaires vs. multi-millionaries and your picking sides based on who has more millions? If Spanos was trying to pull an Al Davis and not pay him what he's due, that would be one thing. Not the case here.

Who says the team doesn't like him? He's starting isn't he? They may not like him enough to extend him, but that's not the same.
        Okay.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          Unless you are a young Polamalu, Ed Reed or Sean Taylor, you are not an impact player at safety. Certainly not at 30+ years of age. And definitely not at the salary he thinks he deserves.

Why are we wringing our hands over this? Our major issues on defense lie elsewhere.
          We're not going to fix the major issues on defense either. Pagano will keep us in games though. Not every game, but most games. If and when we get our corners back healthy, that'll help.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Okay.
            Cheers.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
              Cheers.
              Prost.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Prost.
                Zum Wohl!

Kanpai!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

If Weddle was dogging it to save himself for next year (which is something I absolutely don't belive) than every GM in the league would see it. How many teams would be willing to sign a guy like that?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

GM's that really groove on big bushy beards.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      If Weddle was dogging it to save himself for next year (which is something I absolutely don't belive) than every GM in the league would see it. How many teams would be willing to sign a guy like that?
                      More than would be willing to sign a 30-year old injured dude.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        Zum Wohl!

Kanpai!
                        Hey man. You're saying words I don't hear at the local dives.

And I ain't got no Google Translate on my phone.

Salud.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Hey man. You're saying words I don't hear at the local dives.

And I ain't got no Google Translate on my phone.

Salud.
                          Clamshell?

Comment

Working...
                          X