• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gilded Pickle
    outside looking in
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    I don't even look at individual players anymore. On offense, I just watched the purples push the whites back. On defense, I just watched the purples push the whites back. That's all you need to know.
    Yep, this. Sadly - this.

Comment

• Chargerville
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

This off-season I just sat there and watched, and said to myself, "The Chargers must be allergic to making the line of scrimmage a priority".

I mainly saw running backs, receivers, corner backs, linebackers, but even with franklin, i said, it won't be enough.

I said, the Chargers better do what the Cowboys did on the Oline over the last couple of seasons ... they better KNOW they can line up and run ball, they better do for Rivers what the Broncos did for Elway (Shanahans zone running offense with TD) and get him a REAL running game, or the guy doesn't have a chance.

If you have to rely on him throwing, like we've already seen, he'll win some and lose some, but he won't win many in big games against playoff caliber teams in January.
      Last edited by Chargerville; 09-30-2015, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Wheels
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

My beef was the apparent lack of effort to sign guard Evan Mathis. Then he ends up going to a rival and they desperately needed his help. I don't know of the efforts behind the scenes, so maybe they tried, but we would be in better shape right now if he was on the roster.

Comment

• Faded blues
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

Do you guys think that tom and like are just puppets for the kid spanos that really is running the show? Or how much input does the kid have?

shouldn't run blocking be easier? I mean you line up and smash the dude in the mouth in front of you or go second level and smash a over where as pass blocking is understanding which to guy block and which gap to protect?

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Considering the OL is built to run block....
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

4 OTs and a converted guard at center? Made to run block? I'd say the opposet.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

They are all road-graders (except Watt). Yeah, they're built to run the ball! (Fluker is NOT your typical OT and gets beat by quick dudes in pass protection, for example)
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Most RTs struggle with speed quickness. They just can not find that meny 6'4"+ 300# men that are quick and agile on there feet.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Should we be running a power blocking scheme instead?

Everything seems wrong.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Power run with Rivers taking the snap under Center or zone with Rivers under Center, both will help the running game imo. Rivers will have to pass a good deal while playing under Center as well so we do not get one dimensional. Use the shotgun runs on third down plays. Design screen plays with a deep option to hit Flord or Stevie Johnson.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Attack the whole feild without regard for down and distance. Have a dictating game plan.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

They should at least try the pistol. I didn't notice it but Steve said that we did do that for a few plays but I think they should be doing a lot more of it. The Broncos are running the pistol all the time now as a compromise between running the Kubiak offense and letting Peyton go into shotgun. That way the running backs will have a running start when they get the ball. Enough of these stupid draw plays that we keep doing all the time. Let the o-line start mauling people, not trying to set up runs with the draw.

Comment

Working...
                          X