• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

An old friend on Facebook called me a fairweather fan. lol Im so pissed.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
      But you put the game out of reach if you are successful with a two-point conversion. Cleveland then needs two scores. They can't tie it up with eight points if we're ahead by nine. And they are likely to tie it up with an extra point (after TD) if we miss on the two-pointer. I think the benefits greatly out-weighed the risks by a longshot in this case.
      I've never seen a coach go for two in that position. You kick the XP and make the other team go for two. The percentages are in your favor.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by attila View Post
        No. Someone is going for 2. You assess your strengths and weaknesses. Would you rather go for 2 with your franchise player in control or try and stop 2 with a defense that historically chokes at the end and is playing cornerbacks no. 3 and 4? CLE showed McCoy he made the wrong choice. If you get the 2, it's pretty crushing for CLE at the time knowing they now must score twice.

Despite this McCoy clusterfuck, it probably worked out better for the team that they gave up 2 points. Otherwise it plays out this way: CLE kicks onside or deep, SD recovers, SD goes conservative burns CLE times out, punts deep into CLE territory, CLE drives into FG position to win.
        I'm not sure any coach in the league goes for 2 in that situation. This was absolutely the right call by McCoy at that time.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

That's a lot of 3's and 13's.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
            That's a lot of 3's and 13's.

Lucky 13's for us.

Did you snap a pic of your TV at that moment or did you get it online somewhere?
            Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 10-04-2015, 11:23 PM.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Thats crazy.

Also they are in a pretty heavy zone overload blitz right there.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                Lucky 13's for us.

Did you snap a pic of your TV at that moment or did you get it online somewhere?
                Found it on reddit. I don't know how come up with stuff like this.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                  Maybe I'm misremembering. Perhaps they ruled that sack/fumble an interception?
                  Stafford was in the act of throwing it so I guess even though Melvin absolutely annihilated him, it was considered a pass, not a fumble.
                  Last edited by WindsorUK; 10-05-2015, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
                    Yeah, I'm not putting this all on Rivers, I know injuries and especially a shitty OC and playcalling have more to do with it. Rivers can only do so much is all my point was.
                    Sorry, that's not what came across. Give Rivers the Dallas OL (or did you see NO last night? Brees had all day to throw.) or an number of others and see what a difference it makes in his play.

Someone posted this earlier:

According to ESPN Stats & Information research, Rivers has thrown an interception in nine straight games dating back to last year, the longest active streak in the NFL.
                    Use the magic of the internet to go count back where that streak started and tell me how that compares to OL health. Until the OL got hurt last year, Rivers was leading the league in passer rating and even QBR. There's a direct correlation. Often Rivers has guys in his face before he's even turned around to look for receivers. Heck, look at the running game. Gordon has guys in position to make the tackle a split second after he has the ball. Rivers isn't Wilson or Kaepernick or even Rodgers. He's not a mobile QB. While that's a weakness of his game, there are others like Manning who aren't much different that still manage to have success. So the OL is especially important here and for far too long, we just haven't given it the attention it deserves. Build a good OL and LT probably could've squeezed a couple more 1K seasons out in SD. Build a good OL and we make the playoffs a couple more times in the last few years.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Thats crazy.

Also they are in a pretty heavy zone overload blitz right there.
                      When Hairston is your starting LT and Kenny (Who?) Wiggins if your LG, it makes sense.

Funny, we've got Who? and Wat? playing on our OL. Sometimes.

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Kenny Wiggins is that dude who sang "I'm all right" from the Caddyshack movie.
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          An old friend on Facebook called me a fairweather fan. lol Im so pissed.
                          When have the Chargers ever been fair weather?

Comment

Working...
                          X