• Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

:toyou:

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

That's a good deal. Looks like RT or DT in r1.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
        That's a good deal. Looks like RT or DT in r1.
        Let's make this even simpler... Trevor Penning or Jordan Davis

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

This is actually a very good move. Jackson is an excellent CB that could’ve easily been getting Jalen Ramsey money (5 yrs $100 million with $70 mil guaranteed).

To say he’s a major upgrade over Harris Jr and Michael Davis would be insulting. Their not even on the same planet as Jackson in terms of skill level or production.

Numbers speak for itself.

When targeted in man coverage, QBs had a 43.0 passer rating, five INTs against him
          When targeted in zone coverage, QBs had a 47.2 passer rating, three INTs against him.

There is some concern that most of his INTs came against the garbage QBs in the AFC East and it won’t be the same against Mahomes, Wilson and Carr but I think he’ll be fine. I like this move a lot more than the Khalil Mack trade and contract which will probably get more hyped because of name popularity.

Good job Telesco. Now address this god awful special
          teams unit with some moves please.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Midwestbolt
            • Feb 2019
            • Midwest
            • Local 150 operating engineer.
            • Send PM

Dare I get my hopes up on this years defense?

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Wow!!!!!!!!

WOW. This is so awesome! I'm on cloud NINE. Go big or go home! And definitely gone big!

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

- 69-74 record
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Based on over the cap we have 21million remaining after Mack and Williams, if JC costs what 18-20 with a cap hit of what 15 million you think that won’t affect their ability to sign a good right tackle? Agree to disagree I guess.

I personally think RT is a bigger need for this team. We will not win without protecting Herbert. I have watched what happens when you neglect the OL for too long. In an offensive league you have to make sure you can score points and you don’t do that with your QB on the dirt. I will take a slightly less expensive veteran CB and a very good RT than a very Good CB and a mediocre RT. My two cents, take it for what it’s worth.
                  It’s easier to find a plug & play RT in the draft than it is to find a plug & play CB in the draft. CBs always take longer to develop.

Now, I’m not at all confident in Telesco’s O line draft skills for obvious reasons (only 1 out of like 29 selections were not busts) but I’m hoping he can go for two for two with back to back good OL selections after picking Slater last draft.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I’m excited, I would love to see the numbers, because it sounds like there is some money up front that scares me BUT if they did it it’s because they did it right so I have faith that the cap hit isn’t going to be too bad this year.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                      Holy shit, that is a HUGE amount of money the first two years. Great signing but do we have anything left this year?
                      We're gonna have tons left. Just because he gets a shitload of money doesn't mean it counts against the cap this year. Salary bonuses are evenly spread over the length of the contract. So if we have him a $20 million signing bonus, he gets a check for that. But only $4 million counts against the cap this year.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

It’s easier to find a plug & play RT in the draft than it is to find a plug & play CB in the draft. CBs always take longer to develop.

Now, I’m not at all confident in Telesco’s O line draft skills for obvious reasons (only 1 out of like 29 selections were not busts) but I’m hoping he can go for two for two with back to back good OL selections after picking Slater last draft.
                        Like it or not here we are. I’m excited to see what Coach Staley can whip up now that he is part of buying the groceries. I’m hopeful that the chargers brass has their plan for addressing Herbert not being on the ground from sub par RT play and the middle of our defense being handled. We can’t fill all those holes with the draft (maybe depth and one hole) so I’m sure they have a plan for filling them.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Smart to front load that contract when Herbert has a big payday coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X