• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    Hopefully talking with ALL the top CB's just in case JC goes elsewhere.
    Definitely want to see something soon.....either way.
    I'd be okay with Carlton Davis as a consolation prize.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

No, but Crosby was consistently pressuring Herbert in the 4th Q and OT: it was beyond ugly.
      Crosby didn't wreck the game because Herbert was dealing on 4rth down.

Having to permanently protect Norton with a tight end is a major, major disadvantage for any offense.
      Pip should be the swing tackle this year, and Norton should be looking for a new team.

Having a guy who can only play RT at a very low level is not someone you want as one of your 8 linemen.
      Good luck to Storm on his future endeavors.
      Give Storm more credit. When a RT holds off one of the pass rushers in the game and allows his QB to have one of best 4th quarters in history, I think that's a feather in Storm's cap. Another thing about Storm, he's always available. I'm for upgrading RT, it is a need, but of all the other needs, I think it's the least of this team's needs. If there's an opportunity to seriously upgrade the defense and bring in a RB to back up Ekeler, I'm comfortable with Storm and Pip if starting RT can't be upgraded.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Give Storm more credit. When a RT holds off one of the pass rushers in the game and allows his QB to have one of best 4th quarters in history, I think that's a feather in Storm's cap. Another thing about Storm, he's always available. I'm for upgrading RT, it is a need, but of all the other needs, I think it's the least of this team's needs. If there's an opportunity to seriously upgrade the defense and bring in a RB to back up Ekeler, I'm comfortable with Storm and Pip if starting RT can't be upgraded.
        I give Storm credit for being badly outclassed but constantly battling to keep his head above water.

However, i disagree with your basic position: on offense, ensuring that you don't have an RT on permanent training wheels is a primary need.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Anyone check his Twitter lately?
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

No. After living through Jeromey Clary for all of those years, followed by D.J. Fluker, Joseph Barksdale, Sam Tevi, etc., it is well beyond the point to find a starting-caliber right tackle. Storm Norton will be in the USFL or returning to the XFL within a couple of years.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

Can we keep this in the JC Jackson wish list…

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Like I said in another thread, JC may opt to run thru visits, and all the wine and dine stuff, before he commits...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Dr Rumack.png

I just want to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

No. After living through Jeromey Clary for all of those years, followed by D.J. Fluker, Joseph Barksdale, Sam Tevi, etc., it is well beyond the point to find a starting-caliber right tackle. Storm Norton will be in the USFL or returning to the XFL within a couple of years.
                      Clary was actually not bad. I know fans in the forums used to rag on him, but they failed and still fail to understand that you can't have a Pro Bowl player at every position. Fans didn't appreciate Clary until he was gone, as is often the case. What came after him at RT made a lot of fans realize that he wasn't so bad after all.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Clary was actually not bad. I know fans in the forums used to rag on him, but they failed and still fail to understand that you can't have a Pro Bowl player at every position. Fans didn't appreciate Clary until he was gone, as is often the case. What came after him at RT made a lot of fans realize that he wasn't so bad after all.
                        Clary gave up a ton of sacks at RT...he did better, but only after they kicked him inside to G...

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Derwin! You killing me.

Comment

Working...
                          X