Is he from Oregon ?

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

DAMMIT! There goes my Britian Covey wish.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

DeAndre Carter is only 5-8. But in addition to his return wizardry, he was 3rd in WR receptions for Washington last season, so he will serve as a viable receiving option for Herbert as well. And he is from Sacramento State, which is about a mile down the bike trail from where I am typing right now. I don't know if there is another Hornet in the NFL.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Downgrade
          Only a downgrade as a KR.

He’s an upgrade in regards to what he can do as a WR for sure, he’s also a better punt returner than roberts, he is a slight downgrade as a KR tho. So overall the chargers are continuing the trend of getting younger, not going young young, but definitely younger and still with plenty of experience as we’ve seen with everett, jc jackson, austin, and sebastion. I like the new pattern, it bodes well in regards to injuries and having a more competent NFL caliber roster.
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
            It’s only a 1-year deal for like 1.1M, and then another 1.5M in incentives. I definitely wouldn’t rule out that we add another returner/WR and let them compete. A competition between 2 players with actual return skills is something this team has needed for years instead of the usual competition of who can meet the bare minimum skill level to be considered our starting returner. Keep on wishing!

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Its a cheap enough contract that suggests to me he may not even make the roster. Am i reading OTC right? We could release him and only take a 100K dead hit? Maybe he is insurance in the event we dont draft a guy that does all those things. Williams and Wilson both come to mind. I still havnt ruled out one of these complete WR burner types in round one. As much as that pains some fans.

I also think if you watch how the Redskins used him on sweeps etc he sort of reminds me of that little Harris fella in New Orleans. Is this a guy they want to do those same things? Similar players imo. Lombardi might have been part of this.

Deonte Harris is the player. Changed his name to Harty. Good little gadget/returner type. Staley said he in interested in WRs who can stretch the field and run the entire route tree. Players that when they come on the field dont telegraph what they are doing. Harris/Harty isnt that guy.

Just wont be surprised if he doesnt make the team after we draft someone who makes him expendable.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                Its a cheap enough contract that suggests to me he may not even make the roster. Am i reading OTC right? We could release him and only take a 100K dead hit? Maybe he is insurance in the event we dont draft a guy that does all those things. Williams and Wilson both come to mind. I still havnt ruled out one of these complete WR burner types in round one. As much as that pains some fans.

I also think if you watch how the Redskins used him on sweeps etc he sort of reminds me of that little Harris fella in New Orleans. Is this a guy they want to do those same things? Similar players imo. Lombardi might have been part of this.

Deonte Harris is the player. Changed his name to Harty. Good little gadget/returner type. Staley said he in interested in WRs who can stretch the field and run the entire route tree. Players that when they come on the field dont telegraph what they are doing. Harris/Harty isnt that guy.

Just wont be surprised if he doesnt make the team after we draft someone who makes him expendable.
                Who do we already have on the roster that's a lock to make the team? KA, MW, Guyton and Palmer. Did I miss someone? Surely there's room for Carter even if we do bring in a WR high(er) in the Draft.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                  To quote Romeo Void......Never say NEVER!!!!!!

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Who do we already have on the roster that's a lock to make the team? KA, MW, Guyton and Palmer. Did I miss someone? Surely there's room for Carter even if we do bring in a WR high(er) in the Draft.
                    You’re fforgeting Ffrench.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

UDFA who’s progressed his game into this signing, in the fight for 4th WR on a loaded team. Can respect. Also found this:

Even when you adjust for his smaller height and weight (5'8 1/2, 185 lbs), he comes up as above average in everything. He has a respectable 4.44 second 40 yard dash, but it's his 1.45 second 10 yard split that turns heads.

(Guyton’s 40: 4.39)

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Christian Watson 4.36 40 1.46 ten yard split and has return experience. Only he is 6'4" 208# and saw a rumor we are interested...
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Appears to be fumble prone like the last one.

Comment

Working...
                          X