• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Carter is a bit like Ekeler, not just in stature and build but how he came into the NFL - a UDFA from a small, unknown school - who has worked hard and built a career for himself. Although Ekeler has done it with just one team and is a better player, the similarities are there.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

To quote Romeo Void......Never say NEVER!!!!!!
      You might like him better …
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

It’s only a 1-year deal for like 1.1M, and then another 1.5M in incentives. I definitely wouldn’t rule out that we add another returner/WR and let them compete. A competition between 2 players with actual return skills is something this team has needed for years instead of the usual competition of who can meet the bare minimum skill level to be considered our starting returner. Keep on wishing!
        I would like to see Ffrench get a chance to return some kicks this coming preseason, his college tape is fantastic. He’s one of those guys that makes everyone look like they’re going in slow motion, dude is hella fast…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          Its a cheap enough contract that suggests to me he may not even make the roster. Am i reading OTC right? We could release him and only take a 100K dead hit? Maybe he is insurance in the event we dont draft a guy that does all those things. Williams and Wilson both come to mind. I still havnt ruled out one of these complete WR burner types in round one. As much as that pains some fans.
          The offense could use it. Besides, you want to push Guyton and Palmer. I sensed complacency from Guyton last year and he needs to be pushed in order for him to do better. Palmer was favored by Staley, but he isn't privileged just because of the fact.

All the players who came back on a one year contract are not a guarantee to make the roster. Despite the team making many good moves this off-season, there's still more that needs to be done on the roster for the team to go far. Given how competitive the AFC West is, or even the entire conference.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Three deep, let ‘em compete.

Comment

• perryao
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Wow. A telling stat.
              Roberts- fumble every12 touches. (278/24)
              Carter- fumble every 5 touches. (69/12)

Hmm.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I would like to see Ffrench get a chance to return some kicks this coming preseason, his college tape is fantastic. He’s one of those guys that makes everyone look like they’re going in slow motion, dude is hella fast…
                R u saying FFrench is...FFast?

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post

Roberts- fumble every12 touches. (278/24)
                  Carter- fumble every 5 touches. (69/12)

Hmm.
                  Oh my. Hope we don't have to induct Carter into the Butterfingers Benji Hall of Shame...keeping my (butter)fingers crossed...

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

He's here to compete. Can he win the spot? The fact that he's already shown to be a dangerous WR along with his return ability makes me think he has a good shot.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      He's here to compete. Can he win the spot? The fact that he's already shown to be a dangerous WR along with his return ability makes me think he has a good shot.
                      His experience alone should keep Ffrench on the practice squad another year…Roo, what do you think, you think they draft another WR after this signing?
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

No WR before 4th or 5th round.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Nice. Speed. Youth. Cheap.
                          Welcome.
                          Carter's kick return stats are a notch below Roberts', but Carter's punt return stats are TWO notches better than Roberts'.

Seems to me that-- typically-- when you find a guy who gets the job done well, you stick with him. Not sure why the club is so determined to move on from Roberts *this* quickly, after he came in mid-season and was an absolute godsend. .

Comment

Working...
                          X