• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think it's three because Cotrell doesn't really count as a real dc.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Nobody.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

I've been hating on Reich but I gotta give him his due. That was a great game plan today.

Wish he didn't call two shotgun runs/draws at the goal line though.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          I've been hating on Reich but I gotta give him his due. That was a great game plan today.

I can see one to bleed the clock, but not two.

Comment

• RollingThunder
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

20 points on the back of one of the all time best qb performances is definitely not cutting it.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

One of those runs was after an audible by Rivers. I think Reich is doing well this season. He isn't doing the Norv chuck-and-suck long-developing pass plays that he tried last season. We do a few long bombs when the o'line looks like it is pass protecting decently but mostly we stick with the quick passes. I have no complaints this year about Reich.

Well, yea, I had complaints, but they were misguided complaints. I thought we should have run the ball more early, but the all-pass game plan seems to be working better. So, Reich 1, me 0 this year.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                I can see one to bleed the clock, but not two.
                They had timeouts so I would have preferred to see a heavy formation or if you're going to run out of shotgun at least bring in Johnson like they did on one play earlier that converted a third down.

Draw plays on the goal line are just a waste of a down.

Ok, I can still hate on Reich.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

The first draw was the obligatory run to eat some clock and tie them down. THe second was to make them think we were serious, and it did help to slow the pass rush on the passes.

What options do we have out of heavy personnel? We couldn't run the ball all game with them spread out, so you want to pack the defense in tighter and then try running? Unless you want to go heavy personnel, then align in a spread to get Green or Gates isolated one on one, I don't see how that is even something to consider. We can't run block, so why even try with the game on the line. It is just doomed to failure. If we showed any sign of success during the game, but it is just a wish late in the game on the goalline.

My only problem is that Reich likes to just isolate people one on one and then let them win the mismatch. That is fine on the rest of the field, but Woodhead had leverage on the outside receiver then ran out of room on that route, so the DB could break on the ball unless it was thrown out of bounds. I don't have a problem with the concept, except that GB probably has a different coverage to the wide side, so the route probably won't work there. So, Reich needed to put some traffic inside to run the DB off of Woodhead. Or run the flat or arrow route to Gates. You could also have done some sort of bubble screen to the other side, but that is not a good concept for us.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

I think if Keenan Allen is in the game, healthy on that last drive... we win.

That's not on the coaches. It's just football. People get hurt.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                      I think if Keenan Allen is in the game, healthy on that last drive... we win.

That's not on the coaches. It's just football. People get hurt.
                      I'm hating the play calls on the goal line but you're right, this isn't on the coaches. Again, too many big plays left on the field. Gates drops that 4th down pass that would have been a TD or put them right on the goal line and Attouchu can't simply fall on the fumble caused by Perryman deep in Packers territory.

Our defense just can't make a big play when it's there for the taking.

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The problem with the defense yesterday was lack of discipline. See the HUGE run. See Ingram completely botching the play. WTF dude?
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                          The problem with the defense yesterday was lack of discipline. See the HUGE run. See Ingram completely botching the play. WTF dude?
                          On each of their scoring drives the defense allowed at least one 20+ yard play.

Comment

Working...
                          X