Yubaking is Robert Redford.

This reminded me of Yubba
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltaction
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

The loose Cannons said at some point you have to look at coaching. They said with a way less talented oline three years ago under Wiesenhunt, the Chargers had a top five scoring offense. They have regressed, same players except the oline has more talent now but has regressed dramatcally. The conservative nature of McCoy is also killing this team. The coaches are the old ones to blame. Same Rivers, Woodhead, sane Keenan Allen, same Gates, same Floyd, same Ladarius Green and a more talented RB in Gorden, and a more talented oline, and Reich and McCoy have allowed this offense to fall. Don't blame it on injuries, this team was terrible right from the start when health against Detroit. It took the two minute drill by Rivers to pull that out. The team opened with the two minute drill against Pitt and scored with ease and conservative McCoy shut it down. The other team didn't stop it it was the coaches.

At s I me point we have to face facts thisy team has regressed since Wiesenhunt left. These coaches don't know what there doing with even more talent.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        Good post. I agree on Telesco and McCoy. They need more time. Telesco has made some good acquisitions but some of the top picks have turned into injury problems (Te'o, Verrett, Attaochu). Along with Ingram, those guys are difference makers and if they stay on the field they can form a pretty good core. But the FA signings have really been poor. Dunlap and that first OL was pretty good. Franklin is TBD but I have no reason to believe he won't be successful when healthy. Flowers? C'mon. Was there anyone at the end of last season that didn't want him re-signed? When healthy he's been a very good player. Right now I don't think he's healthy. But the Cox, Butler, Donald Brown stuff, man, I'm at a loss. It's worth saying that Brown has not been used properly here. But when he's had opportunities he's not played well.

Agree on Reich. The time to make that move was the offseason, but ownership aren't the cold-hearted win-at-all-costs types (unless cash is at stake and then they become icemen) so Reich gets another shot.

I don't like the idea that terms of McCoy's employment included Pagano's retention. Dude should be allowed to pick his own staff unless Pags has pics of Dean's daughter in TJ.
        Lissemore, Kavell Conner, Ricardo Mathews, and both Robinsons look like pretty solid 2nd Tier FA pickups to me. Probably Barksdale too and TE Phillips. Woodhead and 1st year Flowers were studs. Injuries still derail a lot of these guys at times. DBrown I think just hasn't been used correctly or enough to know if he adds value. Agreed on most points including Pagano being forced on McCoy. Same thing happened when NOrv signed on, I'm thinking this was inspired by guys John Spanos was overly invested in and swayed the decision making.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post
          The loose Cannons said at some point you have to look at coaching. They said with a way less talented oline three years ago under Wiesenhunt, the Chargers had a top five scoring offense. They have regressed, same players except the oline has more talent now but has regressed dramatcally. The conservative nature of McCoy is also killing this team. The coaches are the old ones to blame. Same Rivers, Woodhead, sane Keenan Allen, same Gates, same Floyd, same Ladarius Green and a more talented RB in Gorden, and a more talented oline, and Reich and McCoy have allowed this offense to fall. Don't blame it on injuries, this team was terrible right from the start when health against Detroit. It took the two minute drill by Rivers to pull that out. The team opened with the two minute drill against Pitt and scored with ease and conservative McCoy shut it down. The other team didn't stop it it was the coaches.

At s I me point we have to face facts thisy team has regressed since Wiesenhunt left. These coaches don't know what there doing with even more talent.
          With Whisenhunt, we were 9-7.
          Without Whisenhunt last year, we were 9-7.

With Whisenhunt, we started 2-3.
          This year, we started 2-3.

How are the Titans looking? I haven't watched.

How are the Cardinals doing?

Chargers didn't have a top 5 scoring offense under Whisenhunt. We had a top 5 yardage offense. This year, we have a top 3 yardage offense.

And, no, we don't have a more talented offensive line. No fucking way.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-17-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            I was just messing around, man.

I don't know how you can know that Pagano has somehow made us better. Perhaps. Or perhaps his players underperformed because he didn't properly develop the talent that he had. Two personnel people considered to be pretty good brought in a number of young guys and FAs that looked pretty good and for some reason those players or those combinations of players didn't work out. Injuries have certainly played a role but maybe those players weren't any good or they were good but Pagano didn't develop them or use them properly. It is very difficult to know. But there have been constants during his tenure (no matter what the ranking was)oor tackling, poor performance on third downs, soft up the gut (might be more of a personnel issue or perhaps not adjusting scheme to strengths of personnel) and lack of discipline...for some reason his units don't play well together, don't trust one another and don't focus on their own assignments. Look, if I were dealt the poor hand you claim he's had...I might just say, "Look, we might give up 30 a week but we will be the best damn tackling team in the league and we will play together as a unit every week." or whatever. Be very good at something. Have some trademark or personality. His defenses have never had that and he doesn't appear to have tried to focus on owning certain spaces. So While it's debatable whether his units have over- or underperformed, I can say with certainty that they have not shown the kind of sure tackling, responsibility and cohesiveness, toughness or violence that I want our defense to exhibit. Now that's me, of course. But I'm sick of this finesse shit even if it means a drop in the rankings.

Respectfully submitted this day, Oct 17, 2015...

Douglas C. Neidermeyer.
            Pagano should know this talent better than anyone with the longest coaching tenure on the team and working here under multiple DCs before taking over. I'm pretty sure Rivera would have gotten more out of the talent had he stayed. Pagano is the major constant of the problems repeating year after year, but I blame Don Johnson for the continued suckage of the DL and NEVER gets any heat for that.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              Pagano should know this talent better than anyone with the longest coaching tenure on the team and working here under multiple DCs before taking over. I'm pretty sure Rivera would have gotten more out of the talent had he stayed. Pagano is the major constant of the problems repeating year after year, but I blame Don Johnson for the continued suckage of the DL and NEVER gets any heat for that.
              I thought Rivera took too much shit when he was our defensive coordinator. But truth is his defenses weren't any better than Pagano's, and Rivera had slightly more talent to work with. Garay had his moments. Burnett had his moments. Siler could play run defense. Barnes had his moments. Phillips was at least average. And Jammer and Cason at least stayed healthy. That defense didn't have very good individual players, but, still, they were better than Pagano's individual players. Yet, as a unit, they didn't really do any better except that one year when the special teams was atrocious.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Hey I got no problems looking at AJ's crap draft picks either. http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../sdg/draft.htm

Wonder why the Chargers are struggling? 1st rounders not all-pros. 2nd rounders are sub par. All the potentially great players are always injured.

2012 1 18 Melvin Ingram DE "Charger Doll" - is good when in the game, though.
                2012 2 49 Kendall Reyes DT 2015 - Average at best.
                2012 3 73 Brandon Taylor DB CUT
                2012 4 110 Ladarius Green TE Potential "Charger Doll" (showing signs of concussions) Showing great promise in 4th year.
                2012 5 149 Johnnie Troutman G "Charger Doll"
                2012 7 226 David Molk C 2015 CUT
                2012 7 250 Edwin Baker RB CUT

2011 1 18 Corey Liuget DT Adequate starter, hey at least he doesn't get injured.
                2011 2 50 Marcus Gilchrist DB Underperformed as a 2nd rounder. Weddle clone - good at covering slot. Not a Safety.
                2011 2 61 Jonas Mouton LB CUT
                2011 3 82 Vincent Brown WR CUT
                2011 3 89 Shareece Wright DB Let go at end of last season, CUT by 49ers
                2011 6 183 Jordan Todman RB CUT
                2011 6 201 Stephen Schilling CUT
                2011 7 234 Andrew Gachkar LB cut

2010 1 12 Ryan Mathews RB "Charger Doll" - healthy for Eagles. lol and sadness at same time.
                2010 3 79 Donald Butler LB Not very good.
                2010 4 110 Darrell Stuckey DB Special Teams. Decent for 4th rounder.
                2010 5 146 Cam Thomas DT Backup DT - FOR PITT. Good for 5th round.
                2010 5 168 Jonathan Crompton CUT
                2010 7 235 Dedrick Epps TE CUT
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

In case you're wondering... 2004 through 2009 - ONLY Weddle and Rivers are still on team.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post

There are so many things wrong with this.

The Chargers under Whiz were 12th in scoring, not a top 5 team.

They were #5 in yards per game at 393 yards per game. This year's team is averaging 410 yards per game. Guess we haven't fallen that much.

How can you possibly ignore injuries? We have had games where not a single starter was in the game. Whiz never had that handicap.

How did McCoy shut it down? You mean the penalties by our ravaged offensive line that killed drive after drive in the first half? His horrible offense gave us the lead 2 different times against the Steelers in the 4th quarter, only to watch the defense piss the game away. Critisizing him for being conservative may be valid but some of this other stuff is just ignoring reality.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Playing from behind juices the yardage numbers in our favor.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        Playing from behind juices the yardage numbers in our favor.
                        Of course it has an effect. By ignoring the affect injuries have also makes those numbers even more amazing.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                          Or they were just bad picks. AJ Smith lost the magic touch at some point during this Chargers tenure. Liuget was a'ight for a couple seasons, but has generally sucked. The rest of the front seven, other than the few games Ingram played the last two seasons, have been terrible. Now, it seems even Ingram isn't so good anymore - even when he plays. Maybe he's been playing hurt - he certainly is fragile.
                          I think AJ Smith's reputation lived off of the Eli trade. He parlayed that trade into a bonanza that scored Rivers, Merriman, and Kaeding but after that he had some questionable picks (English) and others that seemed good at the time (Liuget and Ingram) but have yet to really pay big dividends like Rivers and (briefly) Merriman. That's a huge hole.

Comment

Working...
                          X