Welcome Ottio Ogbonnia, DT, UCLA (R4, #160)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

How much time do we play in our 34 base?
    I would estimate 30% give or take.

But Jones still likely would have developed into our best DL player.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Maybe. But at the end of day, Staley didn’t want him. He chose the guy who resembled SJD. His prototype DT.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

I’d really like this thread better if it was about the guy in the title.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          Maybe. But at the end of day, Staley didn’t want him. He chose the guy who resembled SJD. His prototype DT.
          Except Jones's measurables more closely resemble SJD's than Ogbonnia's do. All three are built somewhat similarly, but SJD and Jones are more mobile.

All we can say is that our front office chose not to trade up to get Jones. We cannot say what they would have done had Jones been on the board at #79.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
            They say anchoring is the most important trait for a NT and Oh Oh doesn’t do that well.
            According to whom? I watched a handful of UCLA games this season and I saw him at senior bowl practices and the senior bowl game and he was one of the guys that impressed in mobile, it was jones, the kid from iowa state, and otito
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Except Jones's measurables more closely resemble SJD's than Ogbonnia's do. All three are built somewhat similarly, but SJD and Jones are more mobile.

All we can say is that our front office chose not to trade up to get Jones. We cannot say what they would have done had Jones been on the board at #79.
              Considering the guys we got in round six, I’m kind of happy they didn’t trade those picks to move up to get jones. Otito is going to surprise folks. He’s one of those guys that might be better as a pro than in college, he’s perfect for staley’s system!
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

More than likely would have developed inyo our best DL player? Better than Bosa? Mack? SjD? In this round of the draft? He should have been a first rounder, 3rd pick in the draft then…just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Considering the guys we got in round six, I’m kind of happy they didn’t trade those picks to move up to get jones. Otito is going to surprise folks. He’s one of those guys that might be better as a pro than in college, he’s perfect for staley’s system!
                  Salyer was our best value pick. But we offset it with a reach for player ranked #370 on the consensus big board with our selection of Taylor as our other 6th round pick.

Of course, Leonard was ranked #522 and Horvath was ranked #365, so there's that. :facepalm1:

Comment

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

More than likely would have developed inyo our best DL player? Better than Bosa? Mack? SjD? In this round of the draft? He should have been a first rounder, 3rd pick in the draft then…just saying
                    3-4 OLBs are not included in DL players.

But yes, better than SJD in year 3 was what I said.

Jones was a great value pick as a faller just as Keenan Allen was in 2013 and Salyer was later in the draft.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Salyer was our best value pick. But we offset it with a reach for player ranked #370 on the consensus big board with our selection of Taylor as our other 6th round pick.

Of course, Leonard was ranked #522, so there's that. :facepalm1:
                      Staley knows DBs, I’ll trust his ranking over the big board ranking…

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Oof! He only had 4.5 sacks in his career at UCLA.
                        Oggie is supposed to be a better run-stuffer than pass rusher...

Comment

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Staley knows DBs, I’ll trust his ranking over the big board ranking…
                          Look, UDFAs make teams, so it is not like it does not happen. It does raise doubt about what the heck our front office is doing, however.

Comment

Working...
                          X