• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargerfreak
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Please let at least one of these RB's be good enough to displace RB4.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Skyler Thomas is from my school so I am already a fan. He does have insane speed for sure. That is never a bad trait.
      You went to Liberty or Wash St, FF?

One of my sons just graduated from Liberty. Going to the commencement Friday.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
        I wonder if any of these guys will make the team? There doesn’t seem to be a clear cut favorite
        My early favorite would have to be leaddie brown RB west virginia. The coaches will need him to pop on STs coverage to even consider him. He looks good running the ball, big, decisive, downhill move the chains kind of guy, I’ll have to see how he catches and blocks before I decide but he looks promising and outside of ekeler and spiller NO ONE in that room should be a lock to make the 2022 roster…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Horvath can do anything on special teams - I can see him making the roster over Rountree or Kelley
          So the job will come down to Special Teams
          I don’t think horvath was brought in as a RB. I beleive they drafted him to fill the spot vacated by stephen anderson who played H-back or TE/Fullback last year. He’ll need to improve his blocking tho, after re-watching the first quarter of the east-west game this morning his blocking is not so good ATM. They are using him as a pure fullback in that game so far, I’ll have to finish watching it to see if he got a chance to carry the ball…

I really hope they don’t carry 4 RBs 4TEs plus nabers again this year, I thought other parts of the roster were a bit thin like DL and WR

three RBs plus horvath and nabers might still make sense especiall if horvath is your short yardage guy but he’ll have to prove himself on STs and he’ll have to learn how to block, he might have to start on the PS this year…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Of the guys on the list of 14 UDRFAs I’m only seeing two of them on allstar roster games brown RB west virginia and sebastion CB boston college at the east-west shrine game. After I finish re watching the game I’ll habe some comments, so far brown has looked good in the first quarter of that game.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

My early favorite would have to be leaddie brown RB west virginia. The coaches will need him to pop on STs coverage to even consider him. He looks good running the ball, big, decisive, downhill move the chains kind of guy, I’ll have to see how he catches and blocks before I decide but he looks promising and outside of ekeler and spiller NO ONE in that room should be a lock to make the 2022 roster…
              More on Brown:

Leddie Brown, 5-11, 215#, RB West Virginia

Scouting Report: Strengths
              • Real tough powerful back who has an old school feel to him
              • Despite not having great time speed d we have never seen him caught from behind
              • One of the best after contact runners in college football - almost impossible to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly
              • Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good vision and patience for screens.
              • Brown is a natural runner who shows good lateral agility
              • Nice soft hands - an asset in the passing game - Brown caught 31 passes in 2020 for 2 scores and in 2019 caught 17 passes
              • Runs with excellent balance and is difficult to stop between the tackles
              • Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact
              • Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with an above-average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses
              • A classic north-south runner with little wasted motion
              • Versitile has even been used out wide to take advantage of his receiving ability
              Scouting Report: Weaknesses
              • Limited speed not explosive.
              • Not very quick - has to rely on power and struggles with running outside
              • While Strong has good power between the tackles maybe best suited to a full back role
              • Lacks creativity in the running game - needs to be more dynamic
              • Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage and sometimes misses holes
              Scouting Report: Summary

Brown will benefit from being part of a running back class that is somewhat underwhelming this year. He has great size to be a classic every-down back in the NFL and is well versed as both a receiver and a blocker so offers versatility scouts crave. He however is neither particularly quick nor fast and this will limit his draft stock in the 2022 NFL draft and reduce him to being regarded as a short-yardage role player.
              He has an excellent injury history which you can't underestimate the importance of for running backs in the NFL and thus is likely to have a solid NFL career probably as part of a running back rotation scheme.
              We see him being picked no higher than the fourth round unless he can improve his timed speed numbers during the NFL combine.

Rating: 77.4 Rank: #26 Forty: 4.64 Brown will benefit from being part of a running back class that is somewhat underwhelming this year. He has great size to be a classic every-down back in t...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I don’t think horvath was brought in as a RB. I beleive they drafted him to fill the spot vacated by stephen anderson who played H-back or TE/Fullback last year. He’ll need to improve his blocking tho, after re-watching the first quarter of the east-west game this morning his blocking is not so good ATM. They are using him as a pure fullback in that game so far, I’ll have to finish watching it to see if he got a chance to carry the ball…

I really hope they don’t carry 4 RBs 4TEs plus nabers again this year, I thought other parts of the roster were a bit thin like DL and WR

three RBs plus horvath and nabers might still make sense especiall if horvath is your short yardage guy but he’ll have to prove himself on STs and he’ll have to learn how to block, he might have to start on the PS this year…
                I don't agree with the theory of drafting Horvath is to make him a blocking TE. He didn't do that in college so why do that in the pro's. I think he was brought it to play RB - a bigger option.

At least I hope they don't try to make him something he is not - a blocker. That would be stupid assessment by Telesco/Staley. Just keep Anderson if you want a guy to do that.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

I don't agree with the theory of drafting Horvath is to make him a blocking TE. He didn't do that in college so why do that in the pro's. I think he was brought it to play RB - a bigger option.

At least I hope they don't try to make him something he is not - a blocker. That would be stupid assessment by Telesco/Staley. Just keep Anderson if you want a guy to do that.

If they kick the tires on Horvath in that role and he succeeds then win win as I am sure he is very cheap.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I am so glad the Chargers have moved on from the always injured Justin Jackson. And I have seen enough of both Josh Kelly and Rountree to know they are not part of the answer. Spiller, brown,horvath and problably someone else have great shot at this roster,
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Anderson is gone...signed with Cards...

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I am so glad the Chargers have moved on from the always injured Justin Jackson. And I have seen enough of both Josh Kelly and Rountree to know they are not part of the answer. Spiller, brown,horvath and problably someone else have great shot at this roster,
                        Ekeler. His name is Ekeler.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

My guess about Horvath- he's a short yardage RB, trick play receiver, ST gunner.

Comment

Working...
                          X