• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    This thread starting to remind me of the same time last year when some were hyping Chris Rumph. Already talk then of not being able to afford his next contract. You guys are funny.

Wood is a rookie, 3rd round draft pick. Any time on the field is a win for him. But I am not sure he is going to have 5+ interceptions and be all that we are dreaming of this season.

TG
    I wasn't here last year for the Chris Rumph thread, but I have never seen this much back-and-forth over a third-round pick before. Just because of this thread I'm going to be much more interested in J.T. Woods than if I had never found this forum.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I wasn't here last year for the Chris Rumph thread, but I have never seen this much back-and-forth over a third-round pick before. Just because of this thread I'm going to be much more interested in J.T. Woods than if I had never found this forum.
      Palmer...not Rumph. Rumph was a fourth rounder last year I think. Some of us don't care where a player is taken in a draft if he helps the team out greatly and others are draft mavens who are angry if we don't get extreme value for our slot. I'm ok with most teams decisions unless you take a third rounder in the first round. Then you might have grounds for a sanity debate of the GM (AJ Smith and Beathard).

:beer:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Palmer...not Rumph. Rumph was a fourth rounder last year I think. Some of us don't care where a player is taken in a draft if he helps the team out greatly and others are draft mavens who are angry if we don't get extreme value for our slot. I'm ok with most teams decisions unless you take a third rounder in the first round. Then you might have grounds for a sanity debate of the GM (AJ Smith and Beathard).

Same. It’s football, not rocket science. Either dudes can play at this level or not. They some time to develop, fine. But that process can’t take too long, there’s always the next draft (we drafted two RBs this year as current guys behind Ekeler all suck, even Staley’s pick last year, happens).

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Chargers RB / FBs
          Ekeler UDFA 2017
          Kelley D 4 2020
          Rountree D 6 2021
          Spiller D 4 2022
          Brown UDFA 2022
          Marks Jr UDFA 2022
          FBs
          Nabors UDFA 2020
          Horvath D 7 2022

I think It'll be interesting to see the competition in TC, preseason.
          Ekeler & Spiller are locks. We'll probably keep 5 RB / FB & 1 on prac squad.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I was responding to a post making the comparison of Woods and Rumph, probably because they're both defensive players.

But I agree with you. I don't care that a supposed first-round defensive tackle (according to the Mel Kipers of the world) was picked a few spots ahead of us and we didn't trade up to get him. Woods sounds like a player who could develop into a starter and take some pressure off of Derwin James, who needs the help back there. If Woods is anything more than that, great. If not, and he fails, I am sure a lot of people on here will say, "I told you so," while Travis Jones very well could be bouncing around the NFL himself.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Woods is a Charger, so I'm on his side.
              6-2, 195 FS with 4.3 speed and ball skills that Staley thinks is a fit sounds good to me.
              Far as I'm concerned it's on the coach.
              If the DL gets the job done and the secondary is great in pass D- PDs, Ints, FFs, FRs, TDs. It's all love here.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Tout va bien, Madame la Marquise !

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

I think JT Woods might be our most talked about draft pick of all time.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                    I think we go through the same thing every year on late draft picks but this year feels different due to Staley and co. We may see him in action in regular season.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                      I think Herbert still beats him out in our current iteration.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think Herbert still beats him out in our current iteration.
                        I wasn't exactly serious. lol Just shocked he is getting so much play.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I think we go through the same thing every year on late draft picks but this year feels different due to Staley and co. We may see him in action in regular season.
                          Absolutely he will. Even if he was drafted to be a STs dynamo like Kassim he would be worth it imo. I think he could start there and do a ton of damage with his size and speed. Coverage especially. Staley likely wanted a CF type. I could see both Woods/Adderley on the field at the same time making plays. Thinking more situational/pass down stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X