• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

If the Chargers lose the first two games of the season to the Raiders and the Chiefs, should Staley be fired on the spot?

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      If the Chargers lose the first two games of the season to the Raiders and the Chiefs, should Staley be fired on the spot?
      Blowouts?

Mind blowing 4rth down decisions that cost them the games?

He sides with Deanna Spanos?

Anyone of these and I say yes!

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

I cant have an attitude going into a season of win or die….ive watched too much football to see shit happens to the good teams and thelesser teams sometimes make a good run and surprise. 1 out of 32 teams wins the superbowl….its not a high probability of doing and so many variables in this game make it competitive which means its not easy achieving the top results year to year. That said I really like Staley as a leader and how he and TT have worked with the staff to create arguably our best on paper team maybe since 2006? We will be highly competitive and if the D changes pan out I think we are fighting for a division this year but its going to take a lot of hard work and with the D having swapped what over 50% of our starters some patience to get it working well.

i want the playoffs and I think we have good odds of achieving that. Staley is aggressive and cerebral which I think will pay off in building a team to compete for a championship year after year much like Payton did. Cincy did it last year on a strong defense and solid offense….in my opinion it was their D that made the difference in the stretch. We get our D to mid tier and I think that gets us into the tournament for a spot. Then its time to get the popcorn popped and enjoy the battles. Frankly I am excited for every game this year….i dont expect perfection but we fight hard and are not an easy team to get by for any opponent. We just need a few things to click on the D and we have every ability to go far. Loving my team…lets go get it done!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Season is a failure and Telesco should be fired it...
          the team doesn't win the division

or

win at least 10 games, easily qualify for the playoffs and they win a game

winning the 17th game of the season to be the 7th seed is not going to cut it

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

You've got to accent the negatives...
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Blowouts?

Mind blowing 4rth down decisions that cost them the games?

He sides with Deanna Spanos?

Anyone of these and I say yes!
              I was being sort of tongue-in-cheek with that comment. You know that if the Chargers falter even a little bit, there are going to be calls to fire Staley. I don't think the Chargers will lose their first two games, but if they do, it's not the end of the world, or the season.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

It's important to remember that in 2021 the Bengals lost back to back home games to the Chargers and 49ers in weeks 13-14 to fall to 7-6 going into Denver, where the could only manage a 15-10 victory in week 15, with Burrow throwing for just 157 yds. The Rams endured a three-game losing streak in weeks 9-12 (with a week 11 bye) and got swept by their division rival, the 49ers. Both teams had to go on the road in the playoffs and win in order to get to the SB. Who knows what the Chargers might've accomplished if they had gotten into the post-season. But the key thing is getting in, and you don't have to be the top seed, which in the Chargers' case would not be that much of an advantage anyway.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

No way do I want Staley fired during the season and no way I see that happening. But miss the playoffs or definitely if finishing below .500 he should be axed and a proven super bowl winning coach who runs the same offense would be the perfect replacement
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

But to be clear my expectations are that we win our first Super bowl this year and I kind of will be disappointed if we don’t. I believe in Herbert and giving him a vastly improved defense is going to mean a championship. We can’t have the coach bringing him down if he can’t at least make a playoff team out of this roster. Yeah we probably have a window but it’s wide the fuck open right now in my view and I want it now.
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

"If this season is a failure".....WHAAAAATTT?

THINK POSITIVE!!!

(And don't say, "I'm POSITIVE this season will be a failure...)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                        No way do I want Staley fired during the season and no way I see that happening. But miss the playoffs or definitely if finishing below .500 he should be axed and a proven super bowl winning coach who runs the same offense would be the perfect replacement
                        You misspelled Telesco

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Jerrah will grab Payton before the Spani even think of it.
                          Good I'll take Jim Harbaugh over Payton in Los Angeles 10 out of 10 times. That is IF Staley doesn't have the right stuff. I'm rooting for Staley tho I do get kind of nervous when he makes a statement like Just watch Mack this season!

My response is HOW DO YOU KNOW Mack is going to be all that this season? He also has the same attitude toward Derwin who usually doesn't finish a season and when he's out, we struggle.

Check out the hype around Harbaugh when he first joined the 49ers. You could tell he had the players respect and he was coming in with a certain kind of swagger! Imagine the hype if he was in LA with Herbert!

But again let's give Staley every opportunity first to see if he is who we think he could be. ?

Comment

Working...
                          X