Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
    We're 1-2, (1-1 in the division) with some winnable games coming up and maybe, just maybe the chance to get right. Granted, it has been a shit show so far and I am for sure not part of the Lollipop Guild but it's way to early to claim the season is over. It is on the line? Yes. But not over...yet.

(now, if we go down and lay an egg in Houston AGAIN then we can maybe start thinking about next year.)
    LOL!

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
      Mods please change this thread title to

Now that this season is a failure.......
      Already tried to get them to remove the "If" from the title in a separate post. LOL!

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

If that was in other topic than I am sorry.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I was waiting for you to chime in with that exact post.

Give us something - anything - to make us quitters (of which I am definitely one) reconsider our "quit-ness". And I don't count "Anything can happen"; "That's why you play the games"; or "On any given Sunday" as something.

Are we healthy?
          Have we dominated an opponent?
          - When was the last time we did?
          How's the running game?
          How's the passing game?
          How's the defense?
          Has the coaching staff given us any reason to believe in them?

If anything, injuries alone should be enough to fuel *some* of the negative feelings around here; can you at least concede that? And the noise about the team quitting on Staley - only rumors, I realize - can't be a good sign, if true. Where is that ray of hope that keeps you from jumping off the bandwagon? Inquiring minds need to know.

I am guilty of contributing to this "quitting" mindset and want to apologize to everyone for it. Those of you who have known me from the ESPN boards and the early iterations of The NFL Forums (circa 2003) know that this is how I cope with losing. But I can dial it back...don't want this place to be an unenjoyable experience for other fans.

Stranger things have happened, let's see what the hell happens this year.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I was waiting for you to chime in with that exact post.

Give us something - anything - to make us quitters (of which I am definitely one) reconsider our "quit-ness". And I don't count "Anything can happen"; "That's why you play the games"; or "On any given Sunday" as something.

Are we healthy?
            Have we dominated an opponent?
            - When was the last time we did?
            How's the running game?
            How's the passing game?
            How's the defense?
            Has the coaching staff given us any reason to believe in them?

If anything, injuries alone should be enough to fuel *some* of the negative feelings around here; can you at least concede that? And the noise about the team quitting on Staley - only rumors, I realize - can't be a good sign, if true. Where is that ray of hope that keeps you from jumping off the bandwagon? Inquiring minds need to know.
            Players arent quitting on Staley,.... fans are

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I am guilty of contributing to this "quitting" mindset and want to apologize to everyone for it. Those of you who have known me from the ESPN boards and the early iterations of The NFL Forums (circa 2003) know that this is how I cope with losing. But I can dial it back...don't want this place to be an unenjoyable experience for other fans.

Stranger things have happened, let's see what the hell happens this year.
              Well, IMO, it's really not us, Dr. D. That is, I think there's sufficient reason for getting down on this team. We do have history on our side, ya know. I tell ya, this quote from Sean Payton really struck home with me (not that I didn't suspect the same after all these years):

"The most important element is functional ownership [and] front office...because there's a handful of teams that aren't, and those teams, regardless of what takes place, they can win on Sunday but they have trouble winning long term," he said. "The opportunity to win consistently and the willingness to build the correct culture...".

However, having said that, I'll take your cue and back off, as well. Let others derive whatever joy they can from this sorry organization.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

"The most important element is functional ownership [and] front office...because there's a handful of teams that aren't, and those teams, regardless of what takes place, they can win on Sunday but they have trouble winning long term," he said. "The opportunity to win consistently and the willingness to build the correct culture...".
                The funny thing about that quote, as I have said in a few threads, is that the Chargers are one of 3 teams he is interested in. I'm sure having a young superstar QB who hasn't even hit his prime yet makes this extremely interesting to any coach.

Us fans have a very strong, and negative opinion of the Spanos family - after all, we have witnessed the years of failure. I just wonder if that opinion is shared by others around the league. Clearly it hasn't stop FA from signing here. I suspect that it wouldn't matter to someone like Payton if he has a say in the roster but that is all speculation - who knows.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Players arent quitting on Staley,.... fans are
                  So true.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

So true.
                    Of course he is so soft on them...they love that....its all about the love...not winning...the love.

Here are some REAL coaches.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

Of course he is so soft on them...they love that....its all about the love...not winning...the love.

Is Sean McVay a real coach? Because he strikes me as someone more like Staley than the guys in this vid and he just won the SB with Matt Stafford at QB.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The funny thing about that quote, as I have said in a few threads, is that the Chargers are one of 3 teams he is interested in. I'm sure having a young superstar QB who hasn't even hit his prime yet makes this extremely interesting to any coach.

Us fans have a very strong, and negative opinion of the Spanos family - after all, we have witnessed the years of failure. I just wonder if that opinion is shared by others around the league. Clearly it hasn't stop FA from signing here. I suspect that it wouldn't matter to someone like Payton if he has a say in the roster but that is all speculation - who knows.
                        Is there some link to a quote of his that verifies that? Because what I quoted above sounds like a direct jab at the Chargers (one of those "handful of teams" he mentions).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

Which one of those non championship winning real coaches do you want? Last guy was yelling at the press for talking shit about his players lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X