• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
    I don’t anticipate the chargers doing much after final cuts…even with some of the funky personnel decisions like keeping stick and roundtree on the roster in lieu of guys like gaziano or fehoko or perhaps bandy…despite all of that, this will still perhaps be the most complete team the chargers have fielded in the last 14 years…seems to me like most of the controversy is centered around backup players so I take that as a positive sign…
    forget much, I don’t anticipate them doing a single thing. They are welcome to surprise me but thats not the TT way even in years with much less talent and depth. i can’t see Rountree at all. He won’t get poached off waivers - too many better RBs will be cut. He is PS bound. I thought Fehoko won the backup spot, we’ll see.

As we look at the 53 roster projections by those 5 analysts, i hope all noticed just how few of the scrubs that were launchwhiffing all over the field are on it and how deep in the depth they are. Lets hope they develop faster than they are needed.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

I don’t anticipate the chargers doing much after final cuts…even with some of the funky personnel decisions like keeping stick and roundtree on the roster in lieu of guys like gaziano or fehoko or perhaps bandy…despite all of that, this will still perhaps be the most complete team the chargers have fielded in the last 14 years…seems to me like most of the controversy is centered around backup players so I take that as a positive sign…
      Fehoko, from what I've read, has had a good camp and PS. I'd keep him over Stick. Rountree (there is no 'd' in his name ) is a waste of a roster spot. I'd keep Bandy over Rountree. Tillery should be cut, period. Not sold on Murray's potential to contribute, either. There comes a time when production has to trump potential.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I've seen several say the same thing but I think we could still win by running a lot, throwing short, and letting our Defense do their thing. We've seen teams win the SB with an inadequate QB because they had a good defense.
        Not sure we have one of those #1 defenses but it is certainly better.
        If we lose Herbert to injury id think we need a top 5 defense to make some noise with our backups and it would be tough as I don't think we will be scoring a lot of points.

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

There is a theme developing in Staley's personnel preferences.
          he appears to favor superior athleticism over actual production.
          K9 over White
          Tillery over Fehoko
          Drafting influence in Telesco emphasizes athletes over experience.
          signifies to me confidence in his ability to coach.
          that's fine, I just hope the confidence is justified.
          Staley's inexperience is showing so far. But it is still early in his coaching career.
          ​​​​​​Perhaps he will show us something this year. I'd be very concerned if the starting squad on defense doesn't show marked improvement with all the new additions, especially since defense is Stayley's expertise.

The bar on defense was set very low last year.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

forget much, I don’t anticipate them doing a single thing. They are welcome to surprise me but thats not the TT way even in years with much less talent and depth. i can’t see Rountree at all. He won’t get poached off waivers - too many better RBs will be cut. He is PS bound. I thought Fehoko won the backup spot, we’ll see.

As we look at the 53 roster projections by those 5 analysts, i hope all noticed just how few of the scrubs that were launchwhiffing all over the field are on it and how deep in the depth they are. Lets hope they develop faster than they are needed.
            Didn’t TT pretty much confirm they’re keeping ‘no d’ rountree?
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

TT doesn’t like to cut his draft picks. Me, if someone better was available, I take him over a pick. Continuous improvement, that’s what I like.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Staley's inexperience is showing so far. But it is still early in his coaching career.
                ​​​​​​Perhaps he will show us something this year. I'd be very concerned if the starting squad on defense doesn't show marked improvement with all the new additions, especially since defense is Stayley's expertise.

The bar on defense was set very low last year.
                I'd be very concerned if our scoring D is not top 10 at least, and that's a low bar for this group.

Elite players: 2 Edge, SS, CB
                Very good: 2 CB, Slot, FS, Edge, 2 IDL, 2 LB

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Didn’t TT pretty much confirm they’re keeping ‘no d’ rountree?
                  That would be a rumored preference.
                  If TT chooses the roster he'll need a new coach.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                    I'd be very concerned if our scoring D is not top 10 at least, and that's a low bar for this group.

Elite players: 2 Edge, SS, CB
                    Very good: 2 CB, Slot, FS, Edge, 2 IDL, 2 LB
                    Agree with the elite numbers.

Not so much for the 'very good' category: a lot of those players need to prove it or stay healthy, something they've had trouble with.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Flacco and NYG Manning did it so it is possible.
                      Colt's Manning won their SB game with D.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Probably that he’s still unvaccinated?
                        Him being very smart doesnt tie into his ability as a QB!

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                          Day One...
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Brentwood, 94513
                          • Send PM

Training camp is over now. Maybe this thread has run it course.

Comment

Working...
                          X