• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I had my fair share of Tevaughn Campbell. He was good early on last year, but the more the season went on he faded.

I'm haven't been impressed with Leonard. But do find him better than Sebastian and Hall.
    Agree on Campbell...dude got burned...repeatedly...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

PFF had a draft rankings and in all of them they posted snap counts at every position they had played. Even for CBs and WRs if they played in the slot, etc.
      But for the OL it was a nice breakdown of where and how much they played along the line.

This is Salyers.....go to stats and scroll down.

"Jamaree Salyer NFL Draft profiles | PFF" https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jama.../draft-profile
      Good info there, Jolt. They said "He has some of the strongest hands in pass protection in the class and allowed only four pressures in 2021"...also, Salyer has played quite a bit at OG and RT:

salyer.JPG

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree on Campbell...dude got burned...repeatedly...
        Campbell was a superior athlete. I hate to lose all that training and game day experience. I hope to see him on the PS.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Campbell did not excel as a starter but as a rotational guy he was pretty good. We don’t win at Arrowhead last year without him. No I don’t want him manned up against Justin Jefferson again but as a 5th/6th CB who is capable on ST I don’t have a problem with him making his way back onto the roster.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I agree, Bearded. But I think maybe the Chargers have to consider whether to keep him for the reasons you listed, knowing what his ceiling is or keeping a Leonard or Taylor, etc who might have a much higher ceiling
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Campbell was a superior athlete. I hate to lose all that training and game day experience. I hope to see him on the PS.
              But what did it amount to? He’s the Tillery of the secondary.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I think you got me mixed with someone else, I’m not the one driving the ‘move salyer to RT’ bus, nor does the post you quoted make any mention of that….me I wouldn’t fuck around…I’d put Fieler at RT, Johnson at LG and Salyer at RG, THAT’s what I’d do, but to be honest I would’ve resigned oday to start at RG next to fieler and let salyer sit for a year…

if I was GM I would’ve done this with the O-line this offseason

slater, johnson, linsey, abushi, fieler and for reserves pipkins, salyer, quessenberry, and either sarrell or schofield…

jaimes is looking like a bust but he’ll probably be kept on for the duration of his rookie contract, unless he develops into a valuable player at which time they’ll replace him with a UDRFA and let him walk to another club… norton is a wasted roster spot, hunter is emergency PS material at best…bailey isn’t even practice squad material…

about schofield, people keep saying that norton was bad because schofield sucked, I couldn’t disagree more, norton sucks period, he’s a bad player——schofield was cheap experienced depth with durability to boot, the guy could help out in a pinch at four positions LT, LG, RG, and RT, that’s pretty damn good for vet minimum…it was stupid to let him and abushi go…

BTW, pipkins might be improved and netter than norton but he is just a smidge better…don’t expect any probowl nods, LOL…
                Not sure how I’m mixed up - i responded to your comment with my opinion. You said you’re not sure Johnson would have performed much better than Salyer if he was in the same spot. No big, bygones - its all just opinion.

Norton was better with Aboushi, before Schofield was brought in. Schofield comes in and now Norton sucks. Strange coincidence. Schofield sucks. I don’t want Scho ever again, I’ve seen him suck in two different runs with the team already. 3 times just makes us stupid.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Not sure how I’m mixed up - i responded to your comment with my opinion. You said you’re not sure Johnson would have performed much better than Salyer if he was in the same spot. No big, bygones - its all just opinion.

Norton was better with Aboushi, before Schofield was brought in. Schofield comes in and now Norton sucks. Strange coincidence. Schofield sucks. I don’t want Scho ever again, I’ve seen him suck in two different runs with the team already. 3 times just makes us stupid.
                  The chargers got really lucky that they had schofield last year, they literally picked him up after final round of cuts before week one, I wonder how things would have gone if he hadn’t been on the roster? He provided stable dependable if unspectacular depth at RG…BTW, Norton wasn’t better when oday was next to him, it’s a shame oday went down early in that cowboy game because there was nothing abushi could have done to prevent what happened later when the chargers started passing more and parson’s opened a giant can of whup ass on norton…norton just sucks, plain and simple…..I’m not going to judge schofield because he wasn’t as good as abushi, he got paid like a back up, he was supposed to be quality experienced depth not a 13 game starter, schofield is the walking talking definition of quality depth, he’s cheap, he plays hard, he’s durable, he’s experienced, he doesn’t committ stupid penalties, the man made 1.2mil last year and he more than earned that pay…I’m not sure where the criticism is coming from or what the expectations where, he was a a backup and he could still be a quality backup if they had brought him back again….You can’t compare schofield to starters,…compare him to the other backups we had last year, guys like jaimes and kelemete and schofield was head and shoulders above those guys, it wasn’t even close…you think norton was bad with schofield? Try to picture him next to kelemete for those 13 games…
                  Last edited by Fouts2herbert; 08-24-2022, 12:09 PM.
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

dmac_bolt

There is a distinction between guys that the team is developing to eventually become starters and can simultaneously provide quality back up depth and then their are players that can provide quality depth but will never become starters, guys like quessenberry,…journeyman players like a michael schofield that already had their time as starters can buy a team a year or two to fill out the back up ranks with those developing players and unfortunately the chargers still need a few michael schofields at different positions because of roster mismanagement and owners that don’t want to pay for experienced back ups…but occasionally every team needs these journeymen because of attrition and every team uses michael schofields to fill in those gaps, not every team gets 13 halfway decent games that provided some semblance of stability due to experience out of those types of players, I appreciate what schofield did last year, the chargers didn’t have to change anything in their offense when schofield came in due to his experience and THAT by itself is worth a lot, plus he only cost 1.2mil…I don’t understand the criticism…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

But what did it amount to? He’s the Tillery of the secondary.
                      Campbell at least is dedicated and tries hard. Tillery...?

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Campbell at least is dedicated and tries hard. Tillery...?
                        I think Tillery tries hard, he simply doesn't have enough power for the position.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                          Campbell did not excel as a starter but as a rotational guy he was pretty good. We don’t win at Arrowhead last year without him. No I don’t want him manned up against Justin Jefferson again but as a 5th/6th CB who is capable on ST I don’t have a problem with him making his way back onto the roster.
                          I think Campbell is the 7th or 8th CB on the chart !

Comment

Working...
                          X