• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

I’m glad it’s done and I’m willing to take the risk on injury because when he’s on the field he’s a savage and now he has a lot more help. The dude wants to win. Bad. I’ll take talented winners all day and I remember last year when Justin saved our asses Derwin was super pumped and I’ve seen him get pissed when shit went bad late in the year last year.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Next year, Herbert is going to become the highest paid QB ever. The year after that Rashwan Slater is going to become the highest paid OL ever. All I'm saying, this team had better be making deep post-season runs with all this highest paid ever talent.
      This is what KC and Buffalo did:

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Great signing. Glad it's behind us

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

My two favorite players are going to lead this defense during their prime years. I'm absolutely ecstatic.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I thought it was his fourth year. lol I knew better. Just lazy lately with my takes and research. Im really hyped for the season. But im so caught up in Padres stuff now. Which is sort of new to me because they are almost always done at this point. Im also likely tempering my expectation for the Bolts right now because i always get so bummed when the play and hype are not close to each other.
            I do not expect Derwin - and I love him - to play every game this year. I would say if he could play 10 games relatively full-strength that would be very good for him. I hope it's enough for us to get into the playoffs. I'm to the point where I'd play Derwin and then sit him the following week to give his body extra rest and healing. Do that throughout the season. I'd be okay if that happened for Derwin (I wish it would) but I know it won't.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Scott Green View Post

I have a theory the team did not want to take a chance on him taking shots during camp and deliberately drug this out. That way he wasn't practicing but was there and no one could call it playing favorites. Both sides got what they wanted and camp is just about over.

he’s definitely the type of guy that goes full speed in practices all the time and every snap…IDK know how much he needs that to be derwin james, if he does he’s behind the curve for 2022 already if he doesn’t maybe he’ll be fresher for the season, IDK…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

I like Derwin and feel fortunate he fell to the Chargers in 2018. I'm glad they got the deal done. However, I do feel he's a bit overrated, the hype by some on this board does not match reality. The reality is that the defense, while not very good in 2020 missing Derwin, was better than the 2021 defense with Derwin. I don't see where he has been the game-changer his boosters tout him to be. I'm glad we have him locked up for the next four years. But you can't blame me for holding onto a shred of skepticism until this defense starts performing at a high level.
                I don’t think that’s a fair comparison, in 2020 the defense had been run the same way for years and it had the personnel to play in that system. the defense in 2021 was transitioning to a new system and the linval joseph from 2020 wasn’t on the team in 2021, plus the team lost one of it’s tone setters vs the run when perryman was allowed to walk…

derwin was filling so many roles in 2021, it probably cost him stats and flash plays, it was very unselfish, now that the defense is better you should see more of what you want and perhaps your feelings will change…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I don’t think that’s a fair comparison, in 2020 the defense had been run the same way for years and it had the personnel to play in that system. the defense in 2021 was transitioning to a new system and the linval joseph from 2020 wasn’t on the team in 2021, plus the team lost one of it’s tone setters vs the run when perryman was allowed to walk…

derwin was filling so many roles in 2021, it probably cost him stats and flash plays, it was very unselfish, now that the defense is better you should see more of what you want and perhaps your feelings will change…
                  Is it too much to expect this defense to shut out the Raiders Week 1 now that we have the most expensive safety in NFL history, a long with all the other big contract players (Bosa, Mack, Jackson) and shiny new position pieces (Joseph-Day, Johnson, Van Noy, Reeder, Fox, Callahan)?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Is it too much to expect this defense to shut out the Raiders Week 1 now that we have the most expensive safety in NFL history, a long with all the other big contract players (Bosa, Mack, Jackson) and shiny new position pieces (Joseph-Day, Johnson, Van Noy, Reeder, Fox, Callahan)?
                    Yes. This will be the first game with a new Raider offense and little film on them. McDaniels is a good OC and will find some ways (perhaps borderline illegal ways, the Belciheck way) to scheme guys open. And the receivers for the Raiders are outstanding. Lastly, how many new starters on defense.....two DT, Mack, Jackson, maybe Van Noy? That's a lot to integrate.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Whose defense is going to be better - the Chargers or the Rams?

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I do not expect Derwin - and I love him - to play every game this year. I would say if he could play 10 games relatively full-strength that would be very good for him. I hope it's enough for us to get into the playoffs. I'm to the point where I'd play Derwin and then sit him the following week to give his body extra rest and healing. Do that throughout the season. I'd be okay if that happened for Derwin (I wish it would) but I know it won't.
                          Put it this way, IF Derwin could finish let's say 3 of these next 4 seasons standing while at the same time being a contributor in the playoffs then Money well spent, and DESERVED!!!!! If he's on the IR at years end again this could be a major factor on why this could be TT's last season here. First things first, I'm hoping to see DJ play a full season this year and watching his game progress right into the playoffs!!!! Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                          X