• 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
    I like Myers for this series.
    He is 1 HR short of tying Gwynn for most HRs in Padre's history.
    Manny in his short time here is close also.
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Need Machado and Soto to get hot, in addition to a third unsung hero bat. The pitching will show up, just need runs.
      Make no mistake, I am a lifelong Dodgers fan but Roberts is a horrific post season manager.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
        Padres have a decent chance. The Dodgers looked unbeatable this season but never underestimate Roberts ability to be stabbed in the back by his Excel Spreadsheet as he is terrible managing in the post season and does not understand the game outside of metrics.
        Get past the Mets first but yeah I would fear the Braves much more than the Dodgers.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Pitching pitching pitching.

The Cle/TB game was 0-0 going into the 6th and wound up 2-1 final Cleveland. Right now Cards vs Phils is 0-0 in the 7th.

Throw gas and rip!

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Last night one of my softball teammates showed up to our game with a Swinging Friar Padres cap. He's normally an A's fan, but he likes the Swinging Friar logo and he knew I was a Pads fan (nominally). If the Pads survive, I'm going to wear my Swinging Friar cap to next week's game and so is he.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Shit’s getting real in the 9th inning in St Louis

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Last night one of my softball teammates showed up to our game with a Swinging Friar Padres cap. He's normally an A's fan, but he likes the Swinging Friar logo and he knew I was a Pads fan (nominally). If the Pads survive, I'm going to wear my Swinging Friar cap to next week's game and so is he.
                This is the first year I haven’t played softball in geez at least twenty years. I lost my spot on a really good team because I was coaching baseball and missed too many games. I’ll get back in the spring and I have options. I need to get a new Miken bat as well love those for softball.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Make no mistake, I am a lifelong Dodgers fan but Roberts is a horrific post season manager.
                  I was pissed when we let him walk without at least an interview.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

This is the first year I haven’t played softball in geez at least twenty years. I lost my spot on a really good team because I was coaching baseball and missed too many games. I’ll get back in the spring and I have options. I need to get a new Miken bat as well love those for softball.
                    Cool. Our league only allows basic aluminum bats. It's a coed league at an inner-city park in Sacramento. We wanted to return more to the fundamentals of the game, so we've banned composite, two-piece, and multi-wall bats. I've been playing on this team for 10 years. Most of the teams in our league have been playing together for a decade or longer and are very talented. We've won five or six league championships in the time I've played with this team, and it's because we have really good women players.

Every year a few new teams sign up for our league, and almost always they are over-matched and get beat by double-digit runs. Some of the teams don't return because they get tired not being able to compete. Other teams do return, and they improve. Their players get better, or they add better players, and in a season or two they are competing with the established teams in the league.

Our team is the oldest in the league. I'm 65 and the oldest player in the league, our third baseman is 62, most of the rest of the team is 40s, with a few 30-somethings. Most of the other teams are dominated by players in their 20s and 30s with some in their 40s. Our field is in a large inner city park. It has poles that mark out the dimensions, but no fences. We decided some years ago, with so many "super bats" on the market, to ban all that noise and just allow basic single-wall, one-piece, aluminum or alloy bats and let skill and fundamentals be the dominating factors in games.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Dinger! Josh Bell

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

6-0! Go Pads!