Cowboys @ Chargers Preseason Game Day Thread (PS #2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Ah whatever, fuck it. See ya'll next offseason.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Glad I didn't pay money and make a long ass drive to see *that*.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Especially our piss poor ST's...you KNOW that a lot of these backups are on our first string ST...
        Would like to know how many of the preseason special teams starters will be Week 1? Scary thought.

Comment

• nomad1946
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2017
          • West Yellowstone, Montana
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
          Ah whatever, fuck it. See ya'll next offseason.
          So you will not be back until next February? We will count on it.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
            Damn i see no fight. Just passive play. I get that its meaningless. But you should be able to see growth. Good coaching. These guys have no passion. Just getting pushed around. Our back ups vs theres and we are getting punked. Pushed around.

If it upsets you i feel this way sorry but im not the type of guy to just give this a pass. You have to get better and you dont do that without serious criticism.

I expect the starters to rock and roll. But i still see no real changes in that sort of soft way we play. And our depth looks really bad outside of a handful of good jobs toniight.

I think Stick is better at this point than Daniels. Palmer and Bandy are great. Rumph is making plays again. Some others did well. But overall its just pure slop. Trash. Where is the "Clean Operation"? lol

I wonder if Staley when he says that is talking about foul language and playing with anger. They might not be allowed to play like dogs. Might be too disrespectful? lol

Frustrated.
            Agree with most of that Fleet, except that Stick didn't help himself tonight. Made some poor decisions, forced to rock into tight coverage...did nothing to earn a promotion to backup QB...regressed from his form last week...

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I had been watching him and he looked pretty good.
              On that play, it looked like fell asleep!
              He has been beat a few times during the game.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Damn i see no fight. Just passive play. I get that its meaningless. But you should be able to see growth. Good coaching. These guys have no passion. Just getting pushed around. Our back ups vs theres and we are getting punked. Pushed around.

If it upsets you i feel this way sorry but im not the type of guy to just give this a pass. You have to get better and you dont do that without serious criticism.

I expect the starters to rock and roll. But i still see no real changes in that sort of soft way we play. And our depth looks really bad outside of a handful of good jobs toniight.

I think Stick is better at this point than Daniels. Palmer and Bandy are great. Rumph is making plays again. Some others did well. But overall its just pure slop. Trash. Where is the "Clean Operation"? lol

I wonder if Staley when he says that is talking about foul language and playing with anger. They might not be allowed to play like dogs. Might be too disrespectful? lol

Frustrated.
                Truth. It's like a bunch of high school players showed up for a tryout tonight. I'll let you guess which team. And they immediately got intimidated and said fuck it, what's the point.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree with most of that Fleet, except that Stick didn't help himself tonight. Made some poor decisions, forced to rock into tight coverage...did nothing to earn a promotion to backup QB...regressed from his form last week...
                  I just like the way he moves around. Neither guy would get it done if we lose Herbert. So ill take the guy who moves better than Herbert. I think Stick would see a major uptick in scripted plays using his legs. Like we saw last week. I think we are really trying to get him focued on passing. Neither guy is all that impressive. I like Sticks chances better. My take.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Frustrated.
                    a free and can’t say these guys are back end of the roster players because so are the Dallas guys and so we’re the Rams guys. Nobodies playing starters anymore in pre season. And to be outclassed by a team like we were tonight to me just points a big finger at Staley and his staff.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Palmer and Guyton both had good games today. Guyton played 1 or 2 series. Carter and Bandy both had good games. That's WR 3-6.

Khalil Mack is a good football player.

There is literally no correlation between regular season record and post season record long term.
                      You keep mentioning records, we are telling you the depth and STs still suck through 2 preseason games....and that affects the regular season, especially down the stretch when some starters are done with injuries.
                      If the Chargers have the injuries Baltimore had last year they'll go 4-13, 0-6 in the division.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Cowboy fans are dumb enough to pay a premium for preseason exhibition game tickets
                        Or just get out of Texas for a while.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I just like the way he moves around. Neither guy would get it done if we lose Herbert. So ill take the guy who moves better than Herbert. I think Stick would see a major uptick in scripted plays using his legs. Like we saw last week. I think we are really trying to get him focued on passing. Neither guy is all that impressive. I like Sticks chances better. My take.
                          I don't like either but they are who we are rolling with,....this year anyways.

Comment

Working...
                          X