Cowboys @ Chargers Preseason Game Day Thread (PS #2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Marty would throw gas on these guys and light them on fire. Then kick them in the balls. I like that style. I just really fear we are hyped up on Mike Riley 2.0.

Ill tell you this...im still pumped for the season. I just am afraid of using the dreaded word....

REGRESSION
    Worried about if we are getting better or not. Based on the depth...not looking like it so far. I will trust Staley until i no longer can. But we have to at least make the playoffs. To not make it with this roster would be pathetic.

I cant wait for his quiet little passive presser. Football players respond to firey coaches who show some serious emotion about bad play. Im not sure he has that in him.
    Wow Riley 2.0. You just touched the third rail. But I agree. We’re in for a let down

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Chase looks like a backup...but in all fairness this Cowboys team, even the backups, are well coached
      Probably because their average age in NFL experience exceeds the charger backups, I’d be curious to do a side by side analysis of their players 23-53 compared to the same group for the chargers, I’d be willing to bet they have more guys playing on STs with 4-5 years of NFL experience…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Probably because their average age in NFL experience exceeds the charger backups, I’d be curious to do a side by side analysis of their players 23-53 compared to the same group for the chargers, I’d be willing to bet they have more guys playing on STs with 4-5 years of NFL experience…
        The guy who returned a punt and KO for a td was a USFL player

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          Bailey getting owned by Boys pass rush...that's his second sack allowed...I'd like to see if Salyer can do better at RT than this hot mess...
          I thought pipkins was supposed to get the second half reps…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Marty would throw gas on these guys and light them on fire. Then kick them in the balls. I like that style. I just really fear we are hyped up on Mike Riley 2.0.

Ill tell you this...im still pumped for the season. I just am afraid of using the dreaded word....

REGRESSION
            Worried about if we are getting better or not. Based on the depth...not looking like it so far. I will trust Staley until i no longer can. But we have to at least make the playoffs. To not make it with this roster would be pathetic.

I cant wait for his quiet little passive presser. Football players respond to firey coaches who show some serious emotion about bad play. Im not sure he has that in him.
            well said.....

i keep saying it...... you need to hit and get hit/tackled to get into real football shape...... pre season game injuries in the coryell, ross, or marty eras were very rare..... Reid knows that, which is why he plays his starters to get them football ready for game ONE........and his teams usually slaughter opponents week one..... because they prepared for it.....

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The guy who returned a punt and KO for a td was a USFL player
              I was referring to their back-ups that played in the rest of the game, most of them probably play on STs for the cowboys, I saw some good pass rushers, defensive linemen, linebackers, RBs, TEs, and offensive linemen. The only area where it seemed to me that the chargers might have an edge depth-wise was at WR and that’s a maybe…

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Man, this place is depressing. People throwing in the towel before seeing the starters play a single snap because a bunch of guys who won’t be on the Cowboys beat a bunch of guys who won’t be on the Chargers. This team is vastly more talented than last years team that won 9 games and yet somehow we are regressing? No we didn’t look great in this meaningless game but jeez.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Heh, next Chargers #1draft pick, right guard. Still building the O-line. One year out.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I agree. Keep Stick, cut Daniel, and, if Herbert is injured, sign someone off the street to be the backup to Stick temporarily. Daniel isn't worth wasting a roster spot on.
                    And then just run him. lol He is a nice little runner and we have never really let him take advantage of that. But still....we lose Herbs its gonna be tough sledding.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I love Fouts, he was my childhood idol, then later I thought he was a fantastic following in his father’s footsteps as a football broadcaster for CBS. Now I think he’s done, he needs to step aside for a younger former charger like phillip rivers, antonio gates, or perhaps someone like kasim osgood, IDK, at first I was angry when CBS benched Fouts but now I think they did the right thing…
                      i agree.... I loved Fouts..... I actually caught a pass from him many years ago.... lol

Chargers broadcast team needs someone like Rivers, Gates, LT, or a smart OL like we used to have.... adds knowledge and history to the broadcast.....

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        I just didn’t see a desire to win in this game. TT didn’t look upset either. Bobby Ross would have been seething.
                        We were 1-4 in the 1994 preseason games. So apparently seething didn’t work during the preseason.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Good Lord. The sky isn’t falling because a bunch of guys that won’t be on the team didn’t play well.
                          I agree, it's not panic time, but a lot of the guys that didn’t play well will be on the team…

Comment

Working...
                          X