Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tges58
    Registered Chiefs Fan
    • Mar 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

right before the SB you dumbshit
    No they didn't, stupid.Thw only one they lost right before the game was Fisher. Their line was decimated for most of the season.

Check your facts.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      I'm not too worried about tonight's result. We clearly out-played the Chiefs tonight... even without Keenan and Lindsley (most of the night). We even lost Pipkins late.
      Our defense played great and limited Kelce nicely. The Chiefs WR's are not nearly as good without Tyreek (as we all knew was the case).
      Should both teams make the playoffs... I have no fear playing in KC.

I don't even worry too much about the play-calling. Shorter pass routes is a thing in the NFL. Herbert had 300+ passing yards.
      But... the next time we have 1st and goal on the 3 yard line. I want to see us run over motherfuckers. What happened to the physical mentality? That was a 14 point swing. Unforgivable if it happens again.
      We have a terrible running game. In 2 games we have 1 run over 10 yards. We needed another RB desperately in the off season. They drafted Spiller. Haven’t seen him once. Sony Michel is done. Kelley is average and Ekeler is slippery but small and doesn’t look

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Herbert was not getting rid of the ball quickly on many of the short passes. Many of those passes were to third and 4th reads, which makes sense when the first two WRs you are looking for are the two that gain the least separation on the roster (Williams and Palmer). The time was there to run the deeper patterns as Carter proved. Problem did not really surface until well into the third quarter when Jones got shifted over Feiler.
        Guyton wasn’t targeted once tonight. And I don’t remember if he was targeted once against the Raiders. Activate Bandy. At least he has some moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Guyton wasn’t targeted once tonight. And I don’t remember if he was targeted once against the Raiders. Activate Bandy. At least he has some moves.
          The problem is not Guyton. The problem is that the team is not using him just as it was last year. When they went to him on designed deep passes, all of twice all year, he produced two TDs. If most of Palmer's targets were given to Carter and Guyton, I think the offense would do much better.

It is a mystery why Lombardi could not figure out that if the first two targets both struggle to gain separation, Herbert might be forced to hold the ball longer, so it might be a really good idea to increase the opportunities for WRs that are better at gaining separation.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

The problem is not Guyton. The problem is that the team is not using him just as it was last year. When they went to him on designed deep passes, all of twice all year, he produced two TDs. If most of Palmer's targets were given to Carter and Guyton, I think the offense would do much better.

It is a mystery why Lombardi could not figure out that if the first two targets both struggle to gain separation, Herbert might be forced to hold the ball longer, so it might be a really good idea to increase the opportunities for WRs that are better at gaining separation.
            Herbert is not reading very well. He forced one to MW on a third down when McKitty was alone to the right

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

haven't read the thread, and didn't see a whole lotta the game, and.... disappointed, as thoroughly enjoyed the coupla few days after the Raiders win, and now.... very bitter pill to swallow.

thought our D did ok in allowing 20 points to Mahomes & Co.... I think we have the personnel, think the coaches need to tighten up things re: the big plays and our pass rush.... Mahomes was way too effiicient and we didn't really bother him so much, from what I could tell.

on defense, I think our room for improvement is largely on Staley and our coaching staff.

on O, Storm is not gonna cut it.... we need to take a long look @Salyer @RT.

Joshua Kelley has earned the right to carry the rock.... he needs @least double the carries he's gotten to date, and needs the ball thrown to him a bit more as well.... lighten Ekeler's role in the run game, and keep feeding him in the passing game.

Guyton needs to get in the mix as well.... know Carter is coming up roses/big, and.... think Jalen can help on alotta levels.

obviously we're gonna be better w/the both of Parham and Keenan, and.... do think a fair bit of the onus falls on Lombardi's play calling, which in the end game is Staley's responsibility.

and ironically enough, talked to a guy who covered football for the Washington State school newspaper, and he just raved 'bout Jaylen Watson (in the preseason) and what a cover corner he was.... and therein is the rub.... he's the Chiefs seventh round draft pick @CB (sound familiar ?).... (what the hell happened on that play ?)

really thought we were gonna handle our biz in this game, and am a bit surprised @the outcome, and yeah we lost Linsley and Pips, and we're down Keenan and a coupla few others, and JC Jack was prolly not @full speed, and.... thought we were further along than we appear to be.... it's a mindset.... Herbie and Co. has yet to overcome.... ??

and agree.... we need to add a vet RB.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I grew up on Gilman and Coryell (when he was at Sdsu initially and then with the chargers). This is some dull shit that Lombardi runs. It wholly lacks imagination. Those guys are both turning over in their graves at how Staley/Lombardi are wasting talent

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

I didn’t get to watch the game but was keeping an eye on while at work. Why was the Derwin James INT overturned?

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Herbert is not reading very well. He forced one to MW on a third down when McKitty was alone to the right
                    The one I saw Herbert force was when he was obviously feeling pain, which I think affected his focus on that play and when he declined to run for the easy first down and just threw the ball away.

That he sucked it up to zip that pinpoint downfield pass to Carter was truly amazing.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                      I don’t get to watch the game but was keeping an eye on while at work. Why was the Derwin James INT overturned?
                      Pass interference on Adderley

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Pass interference on Adderley
                        Damn! Shot themselves in the foot again tonight not catching INTs

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                          I don’t get to watch the game but was keeping an eye on while at work. Why was the Derwin James INT overturned?
                          Offsetting penalties. Adderley clearly committed PI on the intended receiver (giving James the chance for the pick) and KC was guilty of holding.

Two other INTs were negated by the refs--one when Callhan was called for defensive holding on a play on which the receiver literally threw Callahan down, and another when an INT by Samuel was ruled to hit the ground.

Comment

Working...
                          X