Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
    An here is the point I agree on

Coaching is holding Justin Herbert back. Play calling is holding Justin Herbert back.A defensive minded hard coach and a shitty, conservative OC not great for a young talented, franchise QB

Herbert was easily the best QB in the NFL not to make the playoffs last year. Because of coaching.

No imagination on offensive play calling. You have the best arm in the NFL and always short little passes leaving the offence having to make 3rd downs. Predictable, condervative, unimaginative...becoming a waste of his talent.

week 1 the Chargers defence pressured Carr on 32 of 42 dropbacks and caused 3 turnovers yet the game was closer tha it had to be becase of the offence and bad play calling.

Tonight the defence was good against Mahomes but the offence left too many points on the board and that will always haunt against Mahomes. Again play calling.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

Whining about the refs is a loser mentality.
      And Chief fans have NEVER done that, for sure. You’re an annoying little troll, ya know? SMF yourself.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It is Herbert who reads defenses and decides where to go with the football.

Spags is good.

Sharp knows better than this.
        Agree. Whoever is coaching Herbie needs a head adjustment. Maybe Herbie too. Just play football, tired of watching rocket science on O.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I'm not going to bother repeating what others have said.
          We made a lot of mistakes AND were robbed.

I will say that I'm done defending Lombardi, I'm out on him as a play caller.

Unfortunately I also have no hope in that changing anytime soon.

Herbert deserves someone better, and it's Staley's job to recognize this and respond.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Tonight the defence was good against Mahomes but the offence left too many points on the board and that will always haunt against Mahomes. Again play calling.
            And yet the actual difference in the game is their DB made a play and took it to the house while Samuel dropped 2 ints, one which likely would have been a pick six and another that would have set us up in great position. The play calling in any game isn't perfect but it wasn't why we lost.

Comment

• Tol
              From Accounting
              • Mar 2019
              • Carlsbad
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Canal Zone Bolt Fan View Post

PLEASE SHARE THAT GIF WHEN YOU DO
              How's this?

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

How's this?

Kelce weighs 260 pounds - Derwin is a strong dude!

Comment

• Tges58
                  Registered Chiefs Fan
                  • Mar 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

And Chief fans have NEVER done that, for sure. You’re an annoying little troll, ya know? SMF yourself.
                  And you're a crybaby.

Comment

• COLDCUT
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Temecula
                    • Highwayman
                    • Send PM

Defense played well enough to win. It would have been nice to get at least one of those turnovers in our favor but heck, that’s football. Ultimately, the offense didn’t close the deal but they were working without three starters and a hobbled quarterback down the stretch. Still, this team hung tough (especially Herbert) and competed. Nothing to hang our heads about here. Buck up and move forward! We have a long week to hopefully get some people healed (fingers crossed) and we can come out and punch the Jags in the mouth in a week and a half! The Chiefs haven’t heard the last of us!!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And yet the actual difference in the game is their DB made a play and took it to the house while Samuel dropped 2 ints, one which likely would have been a pick six and another that would have set us up in great position. The play calling in any game isn't perfect but it wasn't why we lost.
                      Sure you can make that argument but know you the deal....the Chargers were the better team in the first half significantly and should have had a better lead when Mahomes was being harassed and struggling. Not a shocker that letting Mahomes hang around until he made the plays to win.

Yes that pick was the turning point, but what was the play calling there??? Why the hurry up and why not slow it down? You had a couple of cracks at running the ball in

Any why the is best arm in the NFL is reduced to dink and dunk that leaves 3rd downs all the time?

Comment

• COLDCUT
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Temecula
                        • Highwayman
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Kelce weighs 260 pounds - Derwin is a strong dude!
                        I think as hyped as I was watching this game I could’ve pick his punk-ass up and done the same thing!!! I hate Kelce!!

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Well, annoying little Chief’s troll aside, I’m glad that game is behind us. Which makes the next three games ‘must win’, IMO. There’s no embarrassment in losing a close game to a good, well-coached team by 3 points in their own (sacred) house, without our top possession receiver (entire game); our All-Pro Center and RT (part of the game); and a QB playing for part of the game with bruised ribs.

What *will* be embarrassing, and quite a bit more damaging, would be for us to lose any of our next 3 games to obviously sub-standard teams.

So i say it’s time to move on and prepare to go 2-1, 3-1, and then 4-1. One game at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X