• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Admin note... I was curious to see how an additional topic about Joe Lombardi would work out, and I get that this one was more to balance the 'Fire" topic, but it seems like it probably would devolve into the same arguments over and over again.... beating the dead horse. I guess there is a need for some positivity, so as long as it stays that way in this topic, fine, but if it does go into that back and forth.... this topic could be closed to keep the discussion to the 'FIRE LOMBO II" topic.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Admin note... I was curious to see how an additional topic about Joe Lombardi would work out, and I get that this one was more to balance the 'Fire" topic, but it seems like it probably would devolve into the same arguments over and over again.... beating the dead horse. I guess there is a need for some positivity, so as long as it stays that way in this topic, fine, but if it does go into that back and forth.... this topic could be closed to keep the discussion to the 'FIRE LOMBO II" topic.
      It seems unbalanced. You have a fire Lombardi thread, it feels like there should be a Lombardi appreciation thread to balance things out. I'd wager that most members of this forum agree more with supporting Lombardi than wanting him fired. But there's only one thread, and it's a fire him thread. I would propose that if you want to close this thread, you change the name of the fire Lomardi thread to the Lombardi discussion thread.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It seems unbalanced. You have a fire Lombardi thread, it feels like there should be a Lombardi appreciation thread to balance things out. I'd wager that most members of this forum agree more with supporting Lombardi than wanting him fired. But there's only one thread, and it's a fire him thread. I would propose that if you want to close this thread, you change the name of the fire Lomardi thread to the Lombardi discussion thread.
        I was on that same thinking as well, there actually was one other thread before the poll thread too. I just wanted to put this out there as there is no desire to squelch discussion, but to keep it focused. Fleet might just step in and do it anyway, lol.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

I was on that same thinking as well, there actually was one other thread before the poll thread too. I just wanted to put this out there as there is no desire to squelch discussion, but to keep it focused. Fleet might just step in and do it anyway, lol.
          Understood. :thumbsup:

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

This is a good thread for balance. I post on the opposite forum and will leave this one for his fans. After seeing what I’ve seen, I can’t fathom how, but hopefully his fans are right as the season unfolds.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

We have played two division opponents and they weren't easy games. We lost Allen in game one. We lost 2 OL in game 2. That certainly affects the Offense. Players must execute....if they don't it doesn't matter what Lombo calls as a play....the play can fail. We'd be victorious IMO if Everett hadn't gassed out and had done the proper route...Lombo can't control the players....they have to do their jobs.

Nobody is perfect. Our staff and players will learn from this as they should any game. We will see adjustments to correct to do better. I never expected to see our Offense or Defense come out perfect ....I do expect them to adjust though and hopefully by end of season we are steamrolling into the playoffs with a healthy cast. I'd rather finish strong than start strong and peter out....its how we finish that will mean more. Give these guys time.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                We have played two division opponents and they weren't easy games. We lost Allen in game one. We lost 2 OL in game 2. That certainly affects the Offense. Players must execute....if they don't it doesn't matter what Lombo calls as a play....the play can fail. We'd be victorious IMO if Everett hadn't gassed out and had done the proper route...Lombo can't control the players....they have to do their jobs.

Nobody is perfect. Our staff and players will learn from this as they should any game. We will see adjustments to correct to do better. I never expected to see our Offense or Defense come out perfect ....I do expect them to adjust though and hopefully by end of season we are steamrolling into the playoffs with a healthy cast. I'd rather finish strong than start strong and peter out....its how we finish that will mean more. Give these guys time.
                Very well stated. You speak for me with this post. Your logic is unassailable.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Failure to adapt. Let's see, Joe Lombardi coordinated an offense that was top five in passing yards and scoring. Two games into this young season, the offense is 5th in passing yardage and his QB has one less passing TD than the league leaders. The Lombardi-Herbert offense out-scored the Reid-Mahomes offense in KC on a short week. But somehow this is a failure. OK.
                  Passing yardage doesn't mean squat if u don't win the game.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

when you post video evidence and are still told you are wrong:what:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I'm also okay with Joe. He's not perfect but I suppose the only one I'd say called the perfect game would be me because no two people view it exactly the same. Do I sometimes wish Joe would call a different play, sure, but I also think he called a great play at times.

This is a tough crowd here in TPB. One thing I've noticed is it only takes about two guys to start complaining about a coach or player to get a bunch of people to join in. It get's like a feeding frenzy.
                      Lol, a lot of the same crowd you had a CMB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                        Joe is a good OC, but he needs to be great one for us to beat elite teams consistently. We cant have a guy be our OC forever else he isn't really that good. Never heard pete carmichael sniffing a job and his been in tandem with payton.

That's because Payton called the plays. This season is Carmicheals first as a playcaller.
                        Same reason Bieniemi geys no sniffs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

LOL - people couldn't wait to run Steichen out of town here. Now is a genius. This place cracks me up.
                          Its the never happy effect.

Comment

Working...
                          X