Jaguars @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Meltdown (Week 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That would be utterly devastating.
    Yep...don't like the idea of continuing the season with Storm protecting Herbie's blind side...ugh...

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

The Plunge Protection Team has to be running out of gas and ammo. :lol:
      You sound like one of those twitter crypto bros always predicting the economic collapse. I guess this time it's for real, eh?
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That would be utterly devastating.
        It would and I'd assume Pip and Norton would trade sides. I'd consider a trade. For whom I don't know yet. Or Salyer may be pressed into action while Fieler goes to RT and Pip to LT.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

You sound like one of those twitter crypto bros always predicting the economic collapse. I guess this time it's for real, eh?
          Nah I’m just watching with a mild interest.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Not collapse, but a major market correction is imminent.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

The terrible thing is the depth at most positions is the best it's ever been since I can remember. All except for tackle and Edge. But with this team you really have to plan to be 3 deep at some positions because more often than not it comes down to that. Some guys come back and more guys get injured the following week. I think they can string together a halfway serviceable Oline with Pipkins, Salyer, Clapp, Johnson, & Norton, but what happens when Pipkins or Norton go down? I suspect Linsley actually has a partially torn quadriceps tendon so wouldn't be surprised if he misses more games than not from here on out, likely going on IR at some point.

I'll be pleasantly surprised to hear Slater isn't out for the season and happy if Bosa is back in the next 4-6 weeks The question I'm then asking myself is how long it takes Mack to go on IR?

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Meaningless question in this ocean of disappointment and disgust, but how did Ekeler have only four rushing attempts?

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I'm glad that you can offer up a stat that shows how good our offense is, sure feel better about our team now. Did it ever occur to you that we might have been better than a 5th-rated offense if we didn't have this clown running it? This offense should be running like a well-oiled machine by now. What do you like best? Is it the screens that take years to develop and end up with a 2 yard gain (on a good day) or the running plays with lousy blocking schemes that end up in our backfield? Please, Lombardi champions, what specifically do you like about what he's bringing to this team? If it's the fact that he won't be fired this year, at least that's something I understand.
                  IF the Chargers don't make the playoffs this year he'll be fired. You can't sell yourself as an analytical HC and go your first 2 seasons losing. You can't have a QB with this talent and go 2 years with no playoffs, and expect to still be the HC. I'm sure even Staley would agree with this. IF your analytics can't get you into the playoffs you are the wrong guy for the job.

Do you see what an experienced HC with a winning record brought to the Jags after having a HC that wasn't a good pro coach in 1 season. The same thing would happen here if we lets say we brought in a Payton or Jim Harbaugh. This is something our owners son just can't grasp.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Telesco is responsible for both of those. I wasn't fond of Pipkins at RT and Norton as your depth. WR - just no speed other than Guyton
                    AFC West.png

I am no fan of Telesco. I can't name other GM in the league w/o a division title in a decade's worth of effort and is still employed with the club. You and I can agree on Telesco all day. It's Keenan + Justin + Pipkens + Donald Parham and the offensive line play that is concerning me at the moment. Playcalling? No. I do not see it as an issue.

Offensive Criticisms: I want to see Salyer and Johnson at RG/LG respectively with Feiler kicking out to RT. I want to be able to produce through the run game through RBs and WRs. Get DC some snaps from out of the backfield, to run inside the tackle (like Miami is doing so well with their offense). That and a power running game and the O-line can carry the team. Getting Keenan back will be key as the offense runs through him.

On defense, I need to rewatch today's game as the Jags dominated the second most important stat: 3rd Down offensive efficiency. One offense and defense. Situational football acumen is my issue with Staley, and his coordinators, on both sides of the ball.

Charge.png

I also have concerns about the draft. Does anyone really like the contributions of Picks 2-7? I understand that it takes 5 years to fully evaluate a draft,
                    but these players are not seeing meaningful snaps outside Zion, IMHO.

https://nbareplay.net/55537-2/ Replay Chargers-Jaguars game in full.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Here's one of many examples of the Jags totally stacking the box vs. the Bolts. There are TEN Jags on or near the line, one single high safety. Jags are DARING us to throw long on a 3rd and 16--an obvious passing down. Up to this point in 3rd quarter, we hadn't thrown it long. But this was the play Herbie gunned that deep ball to Guyton for that nice 50-yd gainer. And pretty good separation, too. What's sad is, this was Guyton's first catch of the YEAR. Face it--Lombo just doesn't like the deep ball. Now Guyton is injured from another play. What a shame. When defenses keep stacking the box and stopping our ground game, and short pass game, Lombo should be dialing up long balls, or at least intermediate range passes EVERY TIME, until they back off the LOS. And THEN, the short pass game and ground game will open up. This team is pathetic.

jags box line 4.JPG

guyton 50 yd gainer jags.JPG

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...don't like the idea of continuing the season with Storm protecting Herbie's blind side...ugh...
                        But Staley and TT both believe these 2 OT's are good OT's and the guys they want.

If I were TT I would send out a memo to the league that the Chargers are offering a 5th round pick for a quality OT! This becomes our depth.

However our HC and GM again believe Pip and Storm are the real deal they had to know there was a real possibility that Pip and Storm could be our starting OT's and they were fine with this. Man we are sure saving money only spending big dollars on 1 of our OT's. sigh.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

The warning signs are all there...inflation trending up, interest rates rising, stock market down and probably a long way from the bottom, food shortages, crop failures, food processing facilities mysteriously burning down or some other issue, farmers paid NOT to grow crops, diesel additive shortages, truck drivers and rail workers possibly striking, interest on national debt rising, derivative exposure in trillions...all the signs are there...buckle up people, we're in for a rough ride...

Comment

Working...
                          X