Jaguars @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Meltdown (Week 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

the worst part about Norton’s pressures. I believe he only had 15 passes to protect. So 8 pressures on 15 passes, is beyond horrendous if true. These coaches are failing this team at the moment, and it starts at the top with Staley.
    Go even higher up.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Yesterday was a harbinger or an aberration. Lots of good teams throw up an occasional stinker - KC lost to the pathetic Colts. We’ll learn more next Sunday. I’m going to see at least 2 in a row before I completely quit on the team like this board already has.

Some of you should just gracefully defer your active membership here until next off-season - you hate the team and “know” the season is a bust so go find something more pleasurable to spend your time on.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Ironic one week before Texans game where they blew Chargers out in NRG last year. Texans would love to unload Tunsil and Chargers suddenly need a LT. Expect him to play up to his old form showcasing his pass pro as Mills has his best game since last meeting.

I’m not crazy about this idea…. But lately not crazy about anything that’s happened this season :killme:

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          What would we realistically have to give up for Payton?
          Herbert? Might as well drop another future HOFer in their laps, why not?

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            Yesterday was a harbinger or an aberration. Lots of good teams throw up an occasional stinker - KC lost to the pathetic Colts. We’ll learn more next Sunday. I’m going to see at least 2 in a row before I completely quit on the team like this board already has.

Some of you should just gracefully defer your active membership here until next off-season - you hate the team and “know” the season is a bust so go find something more pleasurable to spend your time on.
            Gracefully my ass. Hey, I admire your optimism, dmac. But the frustration level is at an all-time high with this poster. The way Jacksonville - JACKSONVILLE - has manhandled their last two opponents is something the Chargers haven't done in how long? I challenge you, or anyone, to find the last time the Chargers blew out two opponents in a row.

So you're gonna have to forgive us what-have-you-done-for-me-latelys for being way, way down on the team's chances.

Question for ya: Do you honestly think this season is salvageable? What evidence - beyond "Anything is possible" - can you offer to lift my spirits on this season? I am all ears.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yesterday was not an aberration. Joe Lombardi's play calling is killing this team. We are averaging 19.3 points per game with a high game score of 24 points, which puts us at 18th in scoring per game. That is 100% unacceptable with the offensive talent that this team has. We are getting a very good look at what this offense looks like when Staley does not go for it a bunch on 4th down.

I think we can make the playoffs, but Lombardi needs to change his play calling in a big way. All risk for no gain is beyond stupid as a game plan. Since I doubt he will, I think the team needs to fire him now and save its season.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

I hope C. Linsay, K. Allen, J. Bosa and JC Jackson will return soon.
                We are a LT away to compete.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  I hope C. Linsay, K. Allen, J. Bosa and JC Jackson will return soon.
                  We are a LT away to compete.
                  As long as we dont ever have to face the Jags again.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                    Unfucking believable. Did Staley watch the same game we did?

One mistake, Storm is a RT only. In an emergency, why wasn't Pipkins moved to LT and Storm put in at RT. Pipkins may have gotten away with giving up only half the pressures.

And I'm not saying Foster Farrell (on the PS) is any better than Storm, but he certainly isn't any worse. And, IMO, he outplayed him in TC.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      What would we realistically have to give up for Payton?
                      I'd give up Dean's left nut. No problem.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I'd give up Dean's left nut. No problem.
                        And his head....from his shoulders lol.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yeah the hyperbole is pretty bad. If we won a game 45-3 people would bitch that the D gave up a fg.

Comment

Working...
                          X