Chargers @ Texans Pregame Thread (Week 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DennisR91
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep could you imagine if Derrick Henry or Jonathan Taylor was our featured back! WE need a Troy/E.Smith combo here with Ek as our 3rd down back!

Just looked up the league leaders in rushing and their all power backs! We need a power back!

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-sta...hingyards/desc
    we have 2 out of the top 18 in that stat !!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post

i agree! But we don’t even need a premier back to get to 100 yds

You have to try to run the ball to establish the run. Lombo can't just get pass happy

Comment

• DennisR91
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

You have to try to run the ball to establish the run. Lombo can't just get pass happy

if you lost
        you got to get found
        found the fuck out of the fucking rock

( and also on d)

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But sometimes don’t you hve to do the opposite? Try to pass to setup the run?

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

But sometimes don’t you hve to do the opposite? Try to pass to setup the run?
            Charger O-line is 65% pass protect, 35% run oriented. Has been for quite some time. They’re always in the bottom 5 in rushing. Anyone else getting tired of that?

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Just finished watching the Jags replay (missed it live)
              What are we doing with our secondary?
              are the Jags weapons just THAT good?

wts, I'm a bit more hopeful
              I think getting our weapons back will be huge.
              We were always skating on thin ice with our Oline, now we can expect it to continue to suck ala 2020 or a smidge better.

I'll double down on my stance that weapons are what open up am offense in todays NFL, and we didn't have the horses against an under rated Jags team.

even with Allen and Parham coming back, we need a game breaking threat to open them all up.
              get Herbert out in space with roll outs as someone suggested and give him more time to compute the play.
              We're not going to consistconsistentlye quick game that we're tempted to go to with a shit Oline because none of our guys can get open that quickly.

I wish Staley had more answers on D post Bosa, (like others) I suspect he's not the genius he was made out to be.
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Charger O-line is 65% pass protect, 35% run oriented. Has been for quite some time. They’re always in the bottom 5 in rushing. Anyone else getting tired of that?
                Well based on the team history we are used to and are looking for the sort of RB's like LT, Natrone Means, Marrion Butts etc. We don't have that and its been years since we have.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

We were always skating on thin ice with our Oline, now we can expect it to continue to suck ala 2020 or a smidge better.

I'll double down on my stance that weapons are what open up am offense in todays NFL, and we didn't have the horses against an under rated Jags team.

even with Allen and Parham coming back, we need a game breaking threat to open them all up.
                  get Herbert out in space with roll outs as someone suggested and give him more time to compute the play.
                  We're not going to consistconsistentlye quick game that we're tempted to go to with a shit Oline because none of our guys can get open that quickly.

I wish Staley had more answers on D post Bosa, (like others) I suspect he's not the genius he was made out to be.
                  Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey - that helps

Not to go all revisionist history on the signing of Staley but when Shefter broke the news about Daboll (turned out to be wrong) - I was pretty happy. As one thing about hiring the "hot coordinator" - they are usually coming off a period of success. If you look at Daboll - he was with the Chiefs - not good; the Broans; not good. Went back and forth with the Patriots and Alabama. He has been around the block. Been at the highs and lows and somebody who has seen that - might be better prepared for failure

Again, Bruce Arians and Mike McCoy. Arians was around a long time - bottom and top

Now back to worrying about STorm Norton starting Sunday

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Well based on the team history we are used to and are looking for the sort of RB's like LT, Natrone Means, Marrion Butts etc. We don't have that and its been years since we have.
                    West coast offense? That term was relevant 10 years ago. How ‘bout a new one? “East coast offense.” Pound the ball on every down. Heh.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

In order for Herbert to make that look left, then roll out right he needed Slater to seal off DE left side 4-5 sec. With Storm Norton he’ll have about 2-3 sec. That’s suicidal. Let OL do what they do best and that’s stay aggressive run blocking, mixing it up with quick passes work in some intermediate throws and if defense gets worn down, hands on knees, take a deep shot with Carter. Not sure if they’ve activated Bandy? But he’s always open and excellent safety valve.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

They’ll all rally round Staley and his forceful magnetic personality if Herbert should go down long term, god forbid. Yeah, right.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                          I think the key to all of this is whether or not Kenan plays. If he plays, I think the offense opens up a bit providing they can figure out a way to protect. Kenan's ability to get open has a cascading effect on the rest of the offense as it opens up other options as well. If he does not play, then no one else is able to get open, they stack the box, stop the run and offensively we have another day similar to last week.

We SHOULD be able to rely on the defense to help us win a low scoring game as our defensive personnel is still far better than their offensive personnel (even without Bosa). HOWEVER, they don't seem up to the task right now and I just don't trust the coaching staff to game plan us to a win.

So, again...to me it all comes down to Kenan.
                          Agree with all of this, it’s a very savvy point, Lombo doesn’t seem to know how to design successful plays without him in the lineup.

Comment

Working...
                          X