Chargers @ Texans Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

LG of the future!
    He might not want to settle for LG money in the future if he can make a career at LT.
    Last edited by 21&500; 10-02-2022, 09:30 PM.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Can any of you Lombardi apologists please explain why he keeps choosing to bench certain players when they are just getting hot? It just seems very confusing for an offensive coordinator to do this, yet it has happened more than once. Just trying to keep the defense off balance? Really would appreciate one of you guys explaining this. Other than that, was happy with his game plan. Was good to see Herbert rolling out more, he's better when he does that.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
        Can any of you Lombardi apologists please explain why he keeps choosing to bench certain players when they are just getting hot? It just seems very confusing for an offensive coordinator to do this, yet it has happened more than once. Just trying to keep the defense off balance? Really would appreciate one of you guys explaining this. Other than that, was happy with his game plan. Was good to see Herbert rolling out more, he's better when he does that.
        I'm not sure there are any Lombardi apologists on here but I do defend him from some here who blame him for everything and cherry pick obscure stats to try and make a point. If you are speaking of RB, I can't really figure out the rotation, aside from they seem to trust Michele a lot more than most fans do.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not sure there are any Lombardi apologists on here but I do defend him from some here who blame him for everything and cherry pick obscure stats to try and make a point. If you are speaking of RB, I can't really figure out the rotation, aside from they seem to trust Michele a lot more than most fans do.
          Must be a ball security thing in the second half of games where we have a decent lead.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Post game video.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by ghost View Post
              Herbert.png

Oh yeah, that coordinator fella's got to go. :rollseyes:
              I do not agree with your "analysis". Herbert has actually gone over 300 yards in 7 straight road games after today's game. He has averaged about 43.3 passes per game in those 7 games with a low of 35 passes thrown in any of those games. His YPA in those 7 games is only about 6.9, which is actually below average. So, his going over 300 yards is not indicative of good offense, but rather is indicative of the number of passes that Herbert threw in those games.

You have made no comment about how Lombardi's consistent turtling (conservative play calling) and allowing opponents back into games fits into your apparent view that Lombardi is doing a stellar job. What do you make of the fact that Lombardi has admitted after two of the games that he was too conservative in his play calling? How do you rate Lombardi's play calling in the one game before today in which Lombardi did not confess to being too conservative in his play calling and the team threw a whopping 2 of 48 passes more than 17 yards down the field? What did you think of Lombardi going conservative again today (after twice confessing that he was too conservative) and its result of killing multiple drives and allowing HOU back into the game?

Please tell me how Lombardi is doing such a great job.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Carter took some heavy, direct frontal blows, kept getting up, that fumble looked to me like he was down. Anyway coaches love that mindset, never want to leave the game or get knocked out, sends message of toughness.
                Imo, Carter is too valuable as a WR to return kicks.
                time to let someone else take over.
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                  Is Lombardi choosing who is in the game or the head coach?

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I didn't get to watch today's game live. It was on at 10 and that's time for church for me. So, I just finished watching it and here's what I think.

I thought the play calling in the first half was fine. I thought it was terrible in the second half. Maybe we need another OC that calls the plays in the second half.

Joking aside, we need to quit being so darn conservative when we get the lead. Instead, we should be aggressive and take advantage of the momentum we built in the first half. My question is - who's to blame for the crummy play calling in the second half? Is it Lombardi or Staley? We know that Marty used to go all run in the second half, he was the HC and that was his call. Maybe we're blaming the wrong guy when we call for Lombardi to be fired? Maybe it's both of them. The fourth-quarter march for the game-winning TD should be something that tells them they don't have to fold the offense at halftime.

I agree with those who wonder why we don't use Kelly more and Sony less. Are they saving Spiller for 2024? Same thing with Bandy - 2 catches, 50 yards, back to the bench. That makes no sense! Don Coryell would have said 'he has a hot hand, let's feed him'. Sid Gilman was the same way - he used to say make them prove they can stop it. By the way, both of them were known for having teams that scored 40 or more points very often.

Looks like Salyer may be our answer at OT. Love it! However, I want to see how he holds up in a few more games before I give him a pay raise. All in all, the OL had a decent game.

Herbert didn't seem to be bothered by the rib injury and he had a nice day. Too bad they didn't turn him loose for the entire game. I still think we need a running game, you can't just throw the ball all day. The trouble is, our run blocking isn't providing holes for our RB's regularly.

Do you remember how Marty didn't like to use rookies much? Is that a problem for Staley too? Is that why we don't play some of these rookies until injury forces him to play them? Just wondering out loud.

Our defense is not the great pass defense I was expecting. I thought our DB's were good enough to force QB's to hold the ball long enough for our pass rush to get at them. It hasn't turned out that way thus dar. Still a lot of room for improvement on this defense. Too bad we don't have a HC that has a great understanding of defensive football.
                    Well said.... I agree!

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I didnt watch the game as I decided to go fishing instead. It is much better for my health, much more relaxing, and oftentimes more rewarding. Got back to the truck and turned on the radio to hear 34-24 win for the bolts. Happy about that but also listened to the recap of the 2nd half...SMH...SOSAD...Same Ole Shit Another Day. Is this coaching staff EVER going to just rip the opponents' throats out?
                      But a W is definitely better than being tied with the turds for the cellar. And happy to hear the donkies also lost to the hapless turds.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Imo, Carter is too valuable as a WR to return kicks.
                        time to let someone else take over.
                        Carter should not bring kick out of endzone.... no reason to risk injury, penalty, fumbles, etc when you can easily down ball and start safely at 25...... your odds of getting past the 20 are slim....

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                          I didnt watch the game as I decided to go fishing instead. It is much better for my health, much more relaxing, and oftentimes more rewarding. Got back to the truck and turned on the radio to hear 34-24 win for the bolts. Happy about that but also listened to the recap of the 2nd half...SMH...SOSAD...Same Ole Shit Another Day. Is this coaching staff EVER going to just rip the opponents' throats out?
                          But a W is definitely better than being tied with the turds for the cellar. And happy to hear the donkies also lost to the hapless turds.
                          That does sound very nice. Did you catch anything? Good for you!

Comment

Working...
                          X