• Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
    Not John Hadl?

No offense to LT, but to me, it's a travesty that Hadl as #21 isn't even considered.
    Agree. Hadl should have had his number retired before LT even had a chance to pick it. Just like Mix and Big Louie. But these fools have less knowledge of that heritage than many fans and they don't care to acquaint themselves with it simply because it wasn't on their watch.

Remember, LT was #5 in college. So it's not like 21 was his number. But that said, LT is one of the top 5 Bolts of all time and he deserves to have his number retired, no matter what it was or who had it before.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      I'm going to watch a crappy product this weekend. Whos with me?
      Paying good money to do it. Might be the last time I ever pay to see or support them.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        It's not as big a problem when the Chargers are winning.
        True, but I see opposing jerseys in the stands at every stadium, even Lambeau Field. We do have more transplants here though.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          Sorry, but I have a hard time taking you seriously when you mention the "bad San Diego fans" who "can't fill up a stadium", knowing all the while the bullshit the Spanoses are pulling on the city.
          Where did i say "bad San Diego" fans?

Imo San Diego just doesnt have enough football fans that can afford the high fees of an NFL game. It was different when i was young in the 70s at the Murph. Im just questioning if SD is really a football city anymore....not questioning these fans on the board but more if its economically viable at this point.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            But the fact that other teams' fans often 'infiltrate' Qualcomm stadium at a much higher rate than many other NFL cities is nothing new. This has been a common complaint for many years. Long before the Spanos family started the relocation bullshit.
            Bingo! If i lived in SD id be at games even if they were not good. Im not a bandwagon guy...i love to watch football period...love the game and my childhood team the Chargers. I think SD as a whole has lost the football fan base over the years. Cost of tickets and winning issues id guess but we had a lot of great years too yet still i think bandwagoners drop so quick and dont reallly support their team win or lose. Thats ts frustrating to me seeing opposition fans taking over.

I hope LT has a good sendoff. He was a great player and transformed our offense and team for years.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              Bingo! If i lived in SD id be at games even if they were not good. Im not a bandwagon guy...i love to watch football period...love the game and my childhood team the Chargers. I think SD as a whole has lost the football fan base over the years. Cost of tickets and winning issues id guess but we had a lot of great years too yet still i think bandwagoners drop so quick and dont reallly support their team win or lose. Thats ts frustrating to me seeing opposition fans taking over.

I hope LT has a good sendoff. He was a great player and transformed our offense and team for years.
              I always say to out of town bolt fans that criticize in town bolt fans to jump on a plane and get down here to fill the seats. Nothing's stopping you from doing so.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

I always say to out of town bolt fans that criticize in town bolt fans to jump on a plane and get down here to fill the seats. Nothing's stopping you from doing so.
                I would gladly do so if it was cost effective....unfortunately i'm in NC so $400-$600 an airfare pop is way out of my budget (I have 4 kids to feed and get through college....plus a wife on a single income....not gunna happen).

And im not trying to criticize you folks....i'm saying that i'm really wondering if San Diego has enough football fans that want to actually go to a game. I just get the feeling its a cultural things that is developed by growing up in it as I was...maybe the culture just isnt a good fit? Just throwing thoughts out there.

I get the thinking of put a better product out there.....i guess i just think hey, we've been 9-7 level the last few years which while not perfect is really on the playoff capable level....yet we still can't keep the ilk out of our own stadium. That is what frustrates me....we have zero home field advantage IMO.

Regardless....i guess we all have differing opinions. To me it would suck if the team moves regardless of the reasons (and whether justified or not). I hope they stay and we get our Defense improved and the right changes made to get us back to double digit wins. This season has been an injury disaster yet again and I think i'm ready for a new DC and huge emphasis on the DL/LB to a new plan.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I would gladly do so if it was cost effective....unfortunately i'm in NC so $400-$600 an airfare pop is way out of my budget (I have 4 kids to feed and get through college....plus a wife on a single income....not gunna happen).

And im not trying to criticize you folks....i'm saying that i'm really wondering if San Diego has enough football fans that want to actually go to a game. I just get the feeling its a cultural things that is developed by growing up in it as I was...maybe the culture just isnt a good fit? Just throwing thoughts out there.

I get the thinking of put a better product out there.....i guess i just think hey, we've been 9-7 level the last few years which while not perfect is really on the playoff capable level....yet we still can't keep the ilk out of our own stadium. That is what frustrates me....we have zero home field advantage IMO.

Regardless....i guess we all have differing opinions. To me it would suck if the team moves regardless of the reasons (and whether justified or not). I hope they stay and we get our Defense improved and the right changes made to get us back to double digit wins. This season has been an injury disaster yet again and I think i'm ready for a new DC and huge emphasis on the DL/LB to a new plan.
                  From 2002 to 2011, the Spanoses' home winning percentage was 69%. During that same time, the Spanoses' road winning percentage was 51%. That's an 18% differential. The average differential in the league was 14%.

So, yes, the Spanoses have had a home field advantage.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

From 2002 to 2011, the Spanoses' home winning percentage was 69%. During that same time, the Spanoses' road winning percentage was 51%. That's an 18% differential. The average differential in the league was 14%.

So, yes, the Spanoses have had a home field advantage.

I took that information from this site: http://www.sportingcharts.com/articl...-nfl-team.aspx

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

True, but I see opposing jerseys in the stands at every stadium, even Lambeau Field. We do have more transplants here though.
                      And more people want to make a vacation out of it during football season than want to do that in GB.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Imo San Diego just doesnt have enough football fans that can afford the high fees of an NFL game. .
                        There are plenty of fans that can afford the games in this city. That's not the issue IMO.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Thats ts frustrating to me seeing opposition fans taking over.
                          Me too. I've spent most of my adult life trying to find ways to watch the Bolts on TV (even when I lived overseas) or to come out here or fly elsewhere to see them live. What's really frustrating to me is that I moved back here a few months ago and now they are threatening to move. This will be my first game at the Q this year even though I live maybe 5 mins from the stadium. I'm hacked off. It kind of makes me sick to put money in their pockets. But if they leave this will have been my last chance to see them in SD. I think a lot of people in this town are jaded. They're football fans. Even Chargers fans. But they are jaded and cynical. Hard to blame them.

Comment

Working...
                          X