Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    I just checked it out. F'n scumbags......I can't believe they didn't get the shit kicked out of them........Some boys were pretty hot!!!
    Everybody is corrupt nowadays

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You can't imagine how hard it is for me to not start preaching from the Bible in response.
      But, rules are important so I'll simply say it does appear that's where the world has come to.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You can't imagine how hard it is for me to not start preaching from the Bible in response.
        But, rules are important so I'll simply say it does appear that's where the world has come to.
        put 'em on your thread there Roo.... safe/sacred space there,
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Cleveland. 1974.

Cleveland 1.png

Cleveland 2.png

Comment

• DennisR91
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2021
            • Send PM

I also want to see jt woods . Like someone said
            put him in there in favorable situation or with game in hand. In terms of tackling or playing safety, what got him here might not necessarily be the best approach to tackling or even to playing the safety position. Look at leonhard great Cb play except he doesn’t look back at the ball doesn’t even seem to anticipate a throw. Not even a turn the head a little to pretend he’s looking for the ball. I learned very very late a proper tackling technique that worked for me. He needs to study film of and talk to James for better tackling technique. Make jt woods run 2 miles. Then make him tackle someone and film this. If he tackles the person good. If he doesn’t then make him run 2 miles again and let him watch the film.

Comment

• DennisR91
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2021
              • Send PM

Or you can tell woods that the ball carrier is a giant moving football with legs and for him to catch that giant football
              you use your hands not at the tip or middle of the ball but somewhere in between. Translated in the human giant football this is where you tackle thigh to hip region? That’s what worked for me but you also need good footwork and body position because this also helps.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Browns v. Falcons

We know the Browns running game defense will be the focus this week in practice. Sure tackling on Chubb and Hunt is key.

That said, the Browns passing game is fairly average and does not possess near the firepower of the Chargers. Cover TE David Njoku w/ Derwin James in man coverage. Make Brissett beat you with his arm. He's got a mean rollout to the weak side, so counter by placing Kyle Van Noy at edge on the weakside on passing downs and have him set a hard edge then rush upfield to guard against the naked boot. That was Kyle's old assignment in NE and nobody was better and more consistent at the task.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

No,
                  but those who are have no shame.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Yea, I heard about that on the radio. Even cheating in fishing! Go figure!

TG
                    I'm just waiting for them to record the other fishermen...oh how's that gonna help them cheat? Or inflate a fish. In all seriousness I went out fishing this past weekend and the Bolts won. Coincidence? I may try my hand again this weekend to take one for the team.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                      How about Van Noy with the green dot? I'm fine with DJ's play, not so sure about his field leadership.
                      Too many DBs out of position and/ or unsure where they are supposed to be, what they are supposed to do on any given play.
                      Im not buying its DJ’s fault when other players don’t do the correct assignment. I don’t see green dot guy lining up all other 10 players every snap on any team - pros need to know their shit. now maybe green dot in the middle of the middle row of the defense makes sense geometrically - but not because DJ did something wrong.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Browns v. Falcons

We know the Browns running game defense will be the focus this week in practice. Sure tackling on Chubb and Hunt is key.

That said, the Browns passing game is fairly average and does not possess near the firepower of the Chargers. Cover TE David Njoku w/ Derwin James in man coverage. Make Brissett beat you with his arm. He's got a mean rollout to the weak side, so counter by placing Kyle Van Noy at edge on the weakside on passing downs and have him set a hard edge then rush upfield to guard against the naked boot. That was Kyle's old assignment in NE and nobody was better and more consistent at the task.

lets teach our LBs to cover RBs on swing routes before they are 7 yards downfield too. Shit, back in pop warner they coached up LBs (i was one) to watch the RB and if he’s flairing out, go with him. He goes left, that side LB takes him, he goes right … you get the idea. Its not that complicated - assignment-based football works.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Gotta slow their ground game, at the same time get ours even more on track. And freakin’ stop fucking up on 3rd down!

Comment

Working...
                          X