Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolts4ever213
    Day One...
    • Mar 2019
    • Brentwood, 94513
    • Send PM

One week at a time, let’s stack these wins. Hopefully Allen can make it back and push Palmer into a more natural role for him. Remember with Allen out, teams can put a better db on him. I’ll take Palmer vs a third teams db.
    Our defense should sell out to stop the run. That will be a tough task, cause the Browns do run well.

Either way, let’s Go!!!

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

I like our improvement on run D. Those 2 big plays we had zero people there to play cleanup so 1 missed tackle or a good block cost us. To me we need to keep a safety or somebody back to flow to the gap if a rb gets through….we just devoted too much to the line on those.

Here is what I like about this game. The Falcons and the Jets…2 lower level teams just beat them after staying close and pulling off the 4th quarter upset. Jets put up 31 on them…31. Carolina barely lost to them. They beat Pittsburgh and Pitt is a shell of itself right now. All those teams lack much firepower yet all but Pitt made it a tough game on them.

As much as I dont want to feel overconfident I think Cleveland is a grind it out team and a bit of a 1 trick pony….yes the can run but they arent a threat at all in the passing game so that lets these subpar teams compete because they wont put up big points so if you can move the ball enough on their D you should be in it to close it. I trust our offense in the 4th quarter. I dont fear their offense in a time limited drive where their run strength is diminished. To me they are a 50-50 team because of this and are ripe for below avg teams to pull out wins on them.

i think our team is learning about itself thru this adversity. Injuries suck but happen. We can expect perfection but there isnt 1 perfect team out there. The successful teams will figure out themselves by midyear and close strong…thats what i hope for. We learned sunday that Ek is the #1 back and needs more touches. Get Allen back and we can take the offense another step. We do that and we win this weekend…we are still a very good team despite the injuries. Lets go win with what we got onhand.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

REading today sounds like Adderley again was out of position on that big pass play to Collins. He was out of position against KC as well. Naz has to step up the game a bit. Quit making the mental mistakes - maybe better coaching. Or get somebody in who will.

As for the run defense - no doubt its better. Browns are a good test though
        Yeah from what I could see Nas is kinda lacking so far other than that gifted pick last week.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

They need to bring Fehoko up for this game.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yes, leaving JC out to dry again.
            Fair enough but why does JC need so much help? Doesnt 82 million buy you a man cover corner? Guys beating him have not been elite receivers

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

For the record it is 3 big run plays of over 50 yards...in 3 straight games now. Two of them for TDS.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                Since Balboa Stadium
                • Sep 2022
                • LA
                • Send PM

I seriously don't see ANY teams anymore that can just win by running the ball. It's just that it slows down the pass rush and helps the passing game tremendously. Since Cleveland has a bit of QB issue having let Baker Mayfield go(mistake in my book) I can see the game being evenly matched. I am hoping that anyway.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Stafford is a statue at this stage of his career.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Yeah from what I could see Nas is kinda lacking so far other than that gifted pick last week.
                    When your deep safety is trailing the receiver on the go route you can bet he was the one out of position.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      I like our improvement on run D. Those 2 big plays we had zero people there to play cleanup so 1 missed tackle or a good block cost us. To me we need to keep a safety or somebody back to flow to the gap if a rb gets through….we just devoted too much to the line on those.

Here is what I like about this game. The Falcons and the Jets…2 lower level teams just beat them after staying close and pulling off the 4th quarter upset. Jets put up 31 on them…31. Carolina barely lost to them. They beat Pittsburgh and Pitt is a shell of itself right now. All those teams lack much firepower yet all but Pitt made it a tough game on them.

As much as I dont want to feel overconfident I think Cleveland is a grind it out team and a bit of a 1 trick pony….yes the can run but they arent a threat at all in the passing game so that lets these subpar teams compete because they wont put up big points so if you can move the ball enough on their D you should be in it to close it. I trust our offense in the 4th quarter. I dont fear their offense in a time limited drive where their run strength is diminished. To me they are a 50-50 team because of this and are ripe for below avg teams to pull out wins on them.

i think our team is learning about itself thru this adversity. Injuries suck but happen. We can expect perfection but there isnt 1 perfect team out there. The successful teams will figure out themselves by midyear and close strong…thats what i hope for. We learned sunday that Ek is the #1 back and needs more touches. Get Allen back and we can take the offense another step. We do that and we win this weekend…we are still a very good team despite the injuries. Lets go win with what we got onhand.
                      I like this post.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Fair enough but why does JC need so much help? Doesnt 82 million buy you a man cover corner? Guys beating him have not been elite receivers
                        Freaking nailed it.

Starting to think we overpaid.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
                          I seriously don't see ANY teams anymore that can just win by running the ball. It's just that it slows down the pass rush and helps the passing game tremendously. Since Cleveland has a bit of QB issue having let Baker Mayfield go(mistake in my book) I can see the game being evenly matched. I am hoping that anyway.
                          Cleveland is an old school run and run and run you into the ground type of team.

This year's Chargers run defense is better than last year's worst in NFL run defense but still not good enough to keep teams from running that want to run..... JAX proved that. Raiders were running well but didnt stick with it..... and we are lucky Carr misses enough wide open guys to lose some ball games....

This game against a one dimensional power running offense will be the ultimate test to show how much we have improved at stopping the run. We may slow down or stop the run early in the game but Cleveland will not give up and stop running. Chargers will have to play fired up for 60 minutes instead of just a little over 30 minutes like against Texans.

Comment

Working...
                          X