Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

not unless the analytics said that the kicker would miss..... lol
    Yeah, what's the league-wide percentage of 54 yard FGA that are successfully converted? I think it has to be significantly below 50%.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

I'm ok with it because it worked (sort of)

On another note

Do we have a new PK?

Like this kid

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Game Balls:

Bertolet, Gilman, and the Offensive Line.
        Clearly Stupid Staley has lost the team.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Screw it. I’m celebrating the win.

And maybe the end of the “Chargering” curse. Because that was Chargering at its finest.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Yessir. Masterful, in that the Chargers delivered up something that the Browns were NOT prepared for. Made the difference in the game. But sure, let's fire Lombardi! lol
            And yet, in the clutch, he turtled--again as he has now done in all 5 games this season.

Maybe someday when we need to run out the clock, Lombardi will figure out that it is not about running the ball, but rather is about getting first downs and that he (Lombardi) is permitted to dial up a pass that travels beyond the line to gain in the air at some point before, you know, 4th down instead of running twice into the teeth of the defense and throwing short.

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
              JH needs JH
              • Dec 2021
              • SW FL
              • Send PM

We didn't deserve to win this one and luck gave us a win not Brandon Staley's game decisions. Where has this run game been all year long?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                It’s funny I missed most of this game and coming in here you’d think we lost by 15 :lol:

I get it my buddy from NY was calling me with updates and he was losing his shit. However with no emotional attachment from not watching I love a road win and I love that Kelley is getting involved please keep feeding him. Also Justin is another week healthier and we got the win.
                To me, that matters the most. I think the 4th down decision would have been second guessed regardless of the outcome, the Chargers didn't lose and that seems to be hard to accept for some.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                  It’s funny I missed most of this game and coming in here you’d think we lost by 15 :lol:

I get it my buddy from NY was calling me with updates and he was losing his shit. However with no emotional attachment from not watching I love a road win and I love that Kelley is getting involved please keep feeding him. Also Justin is another week healthier and we got the win.
                  Yes, I was encouraged by this also. Give EKE a little rest. Keep Sony on the bench. Wait until Spiller gets healthy... The OL did a nice job of blocking today.
                  I could obsess over the 4th and 2 call (I would have punted) but I won't... Overall, I thought the play calling was improved in this game. I'm encouraged by the fact that the Chargers are attempting to run the ball more in the redzone... and very few empty backfield looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Yeah, what's the league-wide percentage of 54 yard FGA that are successfully converted? I think it has to be significantly below 50%.
                    The lowest league FG made rate on kicks over 50 yards over the 2017-2020 seasons was 58% in 2019. In all of 2017, 2018 and 2020, the percentage made was 64% of higher. I do not have any information yet on 2021.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Shitty team with a winning record and that’s all that matters right now.
                      I mean, honestly, have they been impressive in ANY game they've played this year? Even the wins? Have they secured a convincing win yet? Have they dominated? Have they beaten a quality opponent? If you - or anyone else who thinks the Chargers' 3-2 record is "all that matters" - would take off the rose-colored glasses for a minute, I think you'd have to admit that this is a middle-of-the-pack team. Maybe not shitty, as I said; but certainly not a playoff team.

Comment

• LinksterAC
                        San Diego Chargers Fan
                        • Sep 2022
                        • San Diego County
                        • Send PM

Not punting to a team with no timeouts and 74 seconds left was comically stupid.

But you need luck to work for you to win in the NFL, so I won’t bemoan an outcome that went the Chargers’ way.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

We went for it on 4th to put the game away with our best player. Didn't happen.
                          Clev had a few seconds to make a big play or a long FG for the W and didn't.
                          Nothing unusual happened and the analytics held.
                          Go Staley!

Comment

Working...
                          X