Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

"...not kick it and hope to come out with a win".

What does that say about his "belief" in the defense? He "believed" the offense was going to get the 1st down on 4th and 2. They didn't. He "believed" that the defense was going to stop the Browns from getting into FG range from the Chargers side of midfield. They didn't. He got extremely lucky that the Browns have a worse FG kicker than the Chargers do.

Shitty coach. Shitty team.
    I believe Staley needs to go...

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Also, I think Lombardi called one hell of a game.. He changed up the running game concepts, scheming and game planning according to the players available and team they were playing against. I am liking Lombardi more and more. And of course he has that great bloodline going for him too.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I believe Staley needs to go...
        Get ready for next Monday night when we will be treated to 2 coaches in way over their heads. What kind of stupid and whacky decisions can we expect to see. Who will prove dumber?

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

and that is why he is a coach with a mediocre 12-10 record despite a talented roster and super star franchise QB. His decisions last year led directly to no playffs
          His decisions also led to more victories than losses. But I suppose since we didn’t make the playoffs, we should have just accepted the five additional losses instead.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

His decisions also led to more victories than losses. But I suppose since we didn’t make the playoffs, we should have just accepted the five additional losses instead.
            Better coaches than Brandon Staley are winning more games with less talented rosters. One game above 500 last year was considered under achieving by most experts. I would agree. Lets not write home about last year. He lost 3 of his last 4 games with playoffs in his sights.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post
              Guys that was the correct call to go for it. It was not the correct play call by Lombardi tho

lynn wouldve punted that and played prevent d
              They had no timeouts with 1:14 left, of course you punt it. They were nearly already in FG range. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw we were going for it and we are lucky they missed it wide right.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-09-2022, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

"...not kick it and hope to come out with a win".

What does that say about his "belief" in the defense? He "believed" the offense was going to get the 1st down on 4th and 2. They didn't. He "believed" that the defense was going to stop the Browns from getting into FG range from the Chargers side of midfield. They didn't. He got extremely lucky that the Browns have a worse FG kicker than the Chargers do.

Shitty coach. Shitty team.
                Shitty team with a winning record and that’s all that matters right now.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Other teams in the NFL are also experiencing all kinds of injuries as well kiddies. The season is a marathon and all we have to do is string up enough victories and Staley recovers his common sense.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                    Other teams in the NFL are also experiencing all kinds of injuries as well kiddies. The season is a marathon and all we have to do is string up enough victories and Staley recovers his common sense.
                    You are assuming he had common sense to begin with...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                      Also, I think Lombardi called one hell of a game.. He changed up the running game concepts, scheming and game planning according to the players available and team they were playing against. I am liking Lombardi more and more. And of course he has that great bloodline going for him too.
                      Yessir. Masterful, in that the Chargers delivered up something that the Browns were NOT prepared for. Made the difference in the game. But sure, let's fire Lombardi! lol

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Punting is a sign of surrender.

Playing not to lose.

You are saying I don't trust my offense.

And you're also saying I don't trust my defense to get a stop if the offense fails to convert.

So I will surrender and play field position conservative style and hope my defense can hold up. And then you play prevent soft defense and give up underneath and hope that works to hold them off. Likely giving up a FG try anyway. So you might as well Bolt the fuck up and go for it.

Staley say No Surrender.
                        I can handle the smoke.
                        We are playing to win.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

It’s funny I missed most of this game and coming in here you’d think we lost by 15 :lol:

I get it my buddy from NY was calling me with updates and he was losing his shit. However with no emotional attachment from not watching I love a road win and I love that Kelley is getting involved please keep feeding him. Also Justin is another week healthier and we got the win.

Comment

Working...
                          X