Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

There is no hope of this clown even learning how to coach better.

Totally indigant and unapoligetic even thought the only reason he won the game is because a nornally reliable kicker missed a field goial after Staley handed him an opportunity 10 yards from range.
    Luckily the defense held up their end of the bargain like Staley said.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Staley says he believes in his players and his defense would stop Browns if they couldn’t convert 4th down.

Yet he didn’t believe those same defensive players could stop Brissett if they kicked and pinned him back at his 20 yard line?

Staley is mouthing inconsistent bullshit.
      Disagree.

On that 4th and 2, Staley did what he DIDN'T do at the end of regulation in the season finale against the Raiders:

The Chargers had scored with no time remaining on the clock. A one point PAT sends the game to OT; a 2 point conversion attempt means you walk off the field after that one play, a winner or a loser. Game over. Going for it here, under these circumstances, can be construed as Staley *not* repeating a mistake.

Getting a first down on that 4th and 2 absolutely would have sealed the game. Nothing but Victory Formation required after that.

But having missed *that* target, the Chargers did the next best thing: They forced Cleveland into a 54 yard FGA. That's no gimme. That's a pretty nice job by the 'D', under those circumstances.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I was with Keenan on that one
        I thought a horrible decision and the "math" from what I have seen was not overwhelming, It was like 3 points - thats the margin of error. Win probably of 79 to 82%. Thats not a lot and not nearly enough to say "analytics".

I think you put a QB like Brissett in a situation where he has to make MULTIPLE plays to get in FG and not ONE play to get in FG range. And unless the punter shanks or it it gets block - the Broans probably have to go 45 to 50 yards to get in FG with ZERO time outs
        BuT aNaLyTiCs
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Staley says he believes in his players and his defense would stop Browns if they couldn’t convert 4th down.

Yet he didn’t believe those same defensive players could stop Brissett if they kicked and pinned him back at his 20 yard line?

Outstanding logic.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Analytics can tell you what to call. Like I said before if you want to rely on analytics we can have a robot call the game
            the thing is - first quarter - 4th and 2 - had zero problem with going for the the first down. Didn't like the third and fourth plays - but understood the decision (meaning rushing the third down). I still don't get the not punting.

But thats a big win
            another AFC win
            tiebreaker against the Browns now - which is big
            Denver at home -- so a chance to get another AFCW win

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

On that 4th down play would Herbert and Williams draw the PI flag if Herbert delayed the throw by a half second. That 3rd string player was draped all over MW and if Herbert had Mike hold his arms in the air I think at the very least we draw a PI call in our favor. No?
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

He said he didn’t want to take his offense off at the end of the game because he wanted them to ice it. And if it didn’t work out, then he trusted the defense to make the stop.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Ontario , Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

There is no hope of this clown even learning how to coach better.

Totally indigant and unapoligetic even thought the only reason he won the game is because a nornally reliable kicker missed a field goial after Staley handed him an opportunity 10 yards from range.
                  I dont' know where he thinks the D could make a stop. They gave up 7 ypr and backup Brissett had a 102 passer rating

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    A lot of analytics misconceptions are being displayed here,
                    fueled by false outrage over the fact the Chargers did not win in the manner desired.

Style points are for pottery class.

We are destroying "chargering" with unconventional warfare.

The chatter that Staley has lost the locker room will soon be replaced by the realization that he is ultimately a players coach,
                    and has supreme confidence in our players.

And a hug from Khalil Mack.
                    Get on the plane.
                    Staley lost the team after the Jags game. Didn’t you hear?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Staley lost the team after the Jags game. Didn’t you hear?
                      end of the day - Win
                      moving on to the Broncos on MNF

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

y'all can thank me again for this win! I went fishing and didnt listen to or watch the game. Then I heard a win when I got back to the truck. then I heard that boneheaded ("WTF are we doing this" KA tweet) 4th down call! I swear sometimes I think he just tosses a coin to go for it or not. I've lost confidence in stalechips and even though this was a W, I still dont think he has the wits to do the right thing in crunch time.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

I didnt like the 4th down call, but I did like our Def stop

Comment

Working...
                          X