Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I'll take a lucky win in this parity league.
    Lucky win over moral victories.

Comment

• Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Staley sucks for believing in his player???? Get over it! Believe it or not there are certain players that love going for it!
      He sucks because he is blindly following the analytic data without considering how CLE plays football. They have a great ground game, but they would not have had time to use it had we punted. That would have meant that our defense could have finally focused on the pass and just stopping Brissett. That matchup would have favored us.

I still think the series was blown on the first down running call. When the other team is expecting run, put the ball in Herbert's hands and let him win the game. That is the best way for us to get a single first down. It is about first downs, not running the ball.

Comment

• Tol
        From Accounting
        • Mar 2019
        • Carlsbad
        • Send PM

The Browns have a very elite O-line and a very elite rushing attack.
        Ekeler, Kelley and our O-line showed they are a tough unit too!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Super conservative 3rd down run up the gut, then a wild ill-advised gamble on the next play.
          Classic Lomboball...Ekkie up the gut for nada...so, so predictable...and lame...

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post

Yeah, the big downside risk is Herbert may be approaching the point where learning gains start slowing down and the "exponential growth" phase starts slowing down and habits (which include bad habits) start forming and get more difficult to undo.

In comparison, a coach who knows what they're doing are going to help form good habits/reads for their QB.

Herbert's prime starts pretty much next year, and I'm honestly not the most impressed with where he currently is compared to where he can be at this point compared to some of his peers.
            Where he is? I think he’s doing great despite the rib injury.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think they are trying to reduce the wear and tear on Herbert until he heals up a bit. We really are only getting 50% of him at this point in time.
              Not with coach Staley letting Herbert go in at the end of the Jags blowout.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Maybe, just maybe, if they had Keenan Allen on the field for that play call.....you go ahead and do it.

Lombo ran out of his bag of tricks with that Herbert roll out against the grain and pitching it to the short out guy one down before.

I'm speechless that some here have some erroneous percentage thrown at them, manufactured on the spot and they take it at face value.isser:
                Thing is, you either believe in analytics or you don't. Believing in analytics when you agree with the call, but not agreeing when you don't is useless.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

He sucks because he is blindly following the analytic data without considering how CLE plays football. They have a great ground game, but they would not have had time to use it had we punted. That would have meant that our defense could have finally focused on the pass and just stopping Brissett. That matchup would have favored us.

I still think the series was blown on the first down running call. When the other team is expecting run, put the ball in Herbert's hands and let him win the game. That is the best way for us to get a single first down. It is about first downs, not running the ball.
                  I hear you but how were we doing at stopping Brissett? I think that JC is still not 100% he’s been super underwhelming.

Comment

• Tol
                    From Accounting
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Carlsbad
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We didn't go three and out.
                    Four and out

Think About It GIF by Identity

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                      While I agree I would love to know where they get their percentages I think it’s a pretty close win loss comparison but even if it was inverse and 40/60 if we don’t get it, the odds of getting 2 yards on a play is pretty high. So going for it makes sense and is playing to win and not to lose.

You as much as me know that in the nfl punting there was about 50/50 to be win.
                      You think that offense converts 50% of the time on plays of that magnitude, which is a guaranteed pass play?

I don't.

Punt, and pin Brissett inside the 20 with no timeouts, and that percentage shoots up to 90 %.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Four and out
                        We ran 6 plays.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

This is the actual head coach of this football team.

The data is in and the anticipated results are clear.

Comment

Working...
                          X