Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

LinksterAC is a old school vet that goes way back to the early days of UT.
    Yep. Remember him well.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

What about the 50 or so plays that worked well?
      They don’t count lol.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We deserved to win the KC game. But we still had to accept the L at the end of the day.
        bottom line is you have to make plays to win thew game...... last year we hung onto and caught 4 INT's to barely beat KC in first game.... this year we again had 4 opportunities to pick off Mahomes but we either dropped them or committed penalties to take all 4 away.... we did not make the plays so we did not win and didnt deserve to win....

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Go_Herbo View Post
          Keenan Allen disapproves of Brandon Staley's late 4th-down gamble vs. Browns: 'WTF are we doing'

https://sports.yahoo.com/keenan-alle...232839424.html

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Texas Bolt View Post
            Win today but you wouldn’t know it in here. It’s the fire Staley thread. If we make the 4th down he’s the ballsiest best coach blah blah. I liked the call going for it. Be aggressive and stop chargering. 1 yard to close it out I like it

Salyer stacking good games. Pipkens seems ok thank god. Zion is going to be all pro soon. Keep winning however the hell we can to stay above the playoff line. Then get Keenan, Joey and Rashawn back and go hunting

Bolt the F UP. Have a good week y’all
            Winning without Keenan and Joey is big. Salyer's play looks promising. There are things to celebrate.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

We also didn’t have as talented a roster as many believed last year.
              I've said that many times before. So many were delusional about it.

The roster with the newer players will take time to gel.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

I’m not crazy about Keenan tweeting stuff second guessing the coach and right or wrong I wish he wouldn’t do that.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Shout out to Velo who was ready to predict that the Chargers would out gain the Browns on the ground. Sneaky good

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Winning is all that matters. Not style points. This isn’t college football.
                    true.... but not true......you can say that for a few games, but if you are a good team, you should at some point have an easy win against bad teams.... Chargers have struggled to BARELY beat 3 really bad teams who will finish bottom 5-10 of NFL this year....

if the majority of your games end up like they should, then once or twice a year you can have these kind of struggling games when your team is flat or down, but EVERY game has been like this......

Chargers so far cannot dominate anyone...... reality is maybe we all should be happier than we are because in reality this team is no where close to as good as people falsely thought they should be on paper...... maybe what we are seeing is how it will be all season...... scrapping and barely beating bad teams and losing solidly to all good teams....

Comment

• LV Bolts
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

The 4th down call was ballsy as hell, he went for it because Ward was out and the 3rd string rookie was in against MW. MW was hot so it was a mismatch, unfortunately the rookie play welled.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

C'mon, rich...do you REALLY think this was a convincing win? Something to build on? Does it look like we're heading in the right direction? I get that the Lombardi bashing gets old - and absolutely nothing is going to be done with the coaching staff for the rest of this season - but I saw nothing today that would make me believe that: 1) This is playoff team; 2) They are playing better each week; 3) Our best football is ahead of us.

P.S. And it's shouldn't come as any big surprise that the team's best rushing day came against the team with the worst rushing defense.
                        Hey! Chargers are 32nd in ypc allowed. Browns are a much better 30th.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2020
                          • Send PM

Although I am still way uncomfortable with a couple of 4th down calls since Staley has become coach, I also have to give him credit for making lineup changes sooner rather than later based on recent performances, which is a far cry from previous coaches. Moving to Salyer at LT so soon was a risky move that may very well pay off. Also, starting Gilman surprised me, but it may prove to be a nice move too, along with giving Kelley more touches. I’m curious on if his risky style plays well over time, but at the very least, he’s not shy about making lineup changes when needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X